First  Prev  168  169  170  171  172  173  174  175  176  177  178  179  180  Next  Last
Post Reply Attack on Titan Discussions (Spoilers)
49156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 6/9/13 , edited 6/9/13

mnorton1228 wrote:

Absolutely love Attack on Titan but dang. I feel like it's moving at a snails pace right now. As mentioned above the last two episodes have been incredibly slow. I feel like it goes by so fast but doesn't get much accomplished. I hate having to wait a week for 18 mins of episode that feels like it only explains a total of about 5 minutes lol. I think they'd get a lot more accomplished if they'd stop replaying the same stuff over and over. I don't think they have to explain that wall Maria fell at the beginning of every episode and they could have done without all the replays of eren turning into the titan to stop the shell. Probably could open up a few more minutes of story line. Anywho, I really do like the show. I'm just thinking it may have been one of those I should have waited for the end and then crammed all the episodes in together back to back instead of watching weekly.


Well, they probably don't want to get too close to where the manga is in the storyline (the manga is released monthly).


tommythecat wrote:


Sacae89 wrote:


lol that makes me wrong.

Me and my friend just watched this together. She said the person doing the overview at the beginning sounded like a girl. I said its a guy, it soundss like Armin.


Well to be fair she is pretty good with doing believable male voices, if a little effeminate. Nothing can help you though when you have to break through normal level dialog and start screaming.


Yep. Marina Inoue is a wonderful voice actress.

She's also in SNAFU as Yumiko Miura:

13460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Under fire
Offline
Posted 6/9/13 , edited 6/9/13

Insomnist wrote:

I'm kind of mulling over that. I wonder if their 1 anime episode = 1 manga chapter rule is going to hurt in the short term more than it helps in the long term. Ultimately it feels like they brought AoT onto the air a year or so too soon.

Especially since they have yet to reach a point that really has any closure.

The manga isn't picking up to compensate either, chapter 46 had less content than your average weekly shounen.


Okay...see this is what I'm talking about.

For all intents and purposes, even though you didn't breach any actual details of the show, this post is an inherent spoiler. By essentially asserting that no closure happens so far in to the manga where it is, people viewing the anime can conclude that the show isn't going to give them anything conclusive soon. You're taking away anything anyone has to look forward to at this current point in the show (assuming the show follows the manga to a T and doesn't pull a Fullmetal).

There is a manga forum. Discuss the manga and how the show is living up to it/comparing there. Let people who are watching the anime discuss what's happening in the anime and wonder about what's coming next here.

I said it before...I'll say it again. There's a manga forum. Use it. I'm incredibly touchy about spoilers especially when it comes to an anime on the scale of Attack on Titan, and I'm sure there are many others out there who would be as furious as I would be if a major detail was spoiled.

The thing is, most people can derive, assume, and make conclusive guesses based on things that may not even be detailed descriptions of what happens. Words like "Man, sucks that nothing happened" or "Oh, just wait until the episode that covers this chapter if you want to see what happens to _____" are only superficially vague, but spoil the prediction experience for many of us.

At the least, let's spoiler tag any sentence with the word "manga" in it, please.
14498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / SoCal
Offline
Posted 6/9/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:



tommythecat wrote:


Sacae89 wrote:


lol that makes me wrong.

Me and my friend just watched this together. She said the person doing the overview at the beginning sounded like a girl. I said its a guy, it soundss like Armin.


Well to be fair she is pretty good with doing believable male voices, if a little effeminate. Nothing can help you though when you have to break through normal level dialog and start screaming.


Yep. Marina Inoue is a wonderful voice actress.

She's also in SNAFU as Yumiko Miura:



Thats the same voice actress?! I am loving both shows but I would have never guessed.
17513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 6/9/13 , edited 6/9/13

zipzo wrote:


Insomnist wrote:

I'm kind of mulling over that. I wonder if their 1 anime episode = 1 manga chapter rule is going to hurt in the short term more than it helps in the long term. Ultimately it feels like they brought AoT onto the air a year or so too soon.

Especially since they have yet to reach a point that really has any closure.

The manga isn't picking up to compensate either, chapter 46 had less content than your average weekly shounen.


Okay...see this is what I'm talking about.

For all intents and purposes, even though you didn't breach any actual details of the show, this post is an inherent spoiler. By essentially asserting that no closure happens so far in to the manga where it is, people viewing the anime can conclude that the show isn't going to give them anything conclusive soon. You're taking away anything anyone has to look forward to at this current point in the show (assuming the show follows the manga to a T and doesn't pull a Fullmetal).

There is a manga forum. Discuss the manga and how the show is living up to it/comparing there. Let people who are watching the anime discuss what's happening in the anime and wonder about what's coming next here.

I said it before...I'll say it again. There's a manga forum. Use it. I'm incredibly touchy about spoilers especially when it comes to an anime on the scale of Attack on Titan, and I'm sure there are many others out there who would be as furious as I would be if a major detail was spoiled.

The thing is, most people can derive, assume, and make conclusive guesses based on things that may not even be detailed descriptions of what happens. Words like "Man, sucks that nothing happened" or "Oh, just wait until the episode that covers this chapter if you want to see what happens to _____" are only superficially vague, but spoil the prediction experience for many of us.

At the least, let's spoiler tag any sentence with the word "manga" in it, please.
Though I do agree with what you are saying, what he is referring to has absolutely nothing to do with what is currently going on in the anime. What he said is equivalent to someone saying a new movie that just came out was slow a boring. That isn't a spoiler because it is an opinion.

13460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Under fire
Offline
Posted 6/9/13



The example you cited is an opinion, but this is a strawman argument because that's not similar in nature to what he said.

Saying something is slow and boring is indeed an opinion, because "slow and boring" are not objective words, they are modifying adjectives. Saying that something does or does not happen is not an opinion. It is a statement (with slight bias depending on what events you might consider being worth called "something") based on a factual occurrence/lack of occurrence of something.

To say "Nothing conclusive has happened" is completely different from "Everything that's happened has been boring". Do you see the difference? Both are similarly annoying to read anyway as a spoiler-hating individual myself.
49156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 6/9/13 , edited 6/9/13

Gettnlag wrote:

Thats the same voice actress?! I am loving both shows but I would have never guessed.


The voice actor or actress may be excellent in their range and whatnot, but they still have a base quirk to their voice that makes their voice theirs, and that won't go away no matter how much you practice. It's your voice, after all.

Though, one voice actress I'm really amazed by is Lani Minella, who has a 4-octave range and the ability to mimic anything she hears. She's the founder and the owner of the voice-acting agency AudioGodz and has done (can do) over 365+ voices that can be heard in over 500 video games, cartoons, radio, and commercials. I got most of that from Wikipedia, by the way (the stuff about her range, ability, and multiple titles she's appeared in I already knew - I didn't know she had her own agency).
56545 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 6/9/13 , edited 6/9/13

Lani , she looks familiar I might have met her before . Voice acting is very physicall , and requires a lot of confidence and I love it. Thanks for sharing that info,The lowest octave I could do was SnuffleLUfugus lol ,

Speaking of octave , Eren' s seiyuu Yuki Kaji actually lowered his voice for Eren becuase he normally speaks almost a full octave to that . I liked it better.

and now about the pacing

I think this episode has a good pace...then the next episodes will be about the task Eren said yes to

,and now the question is will it be in one episode or 2 episode.
17513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 6/9/13

zipzo wrote:




The example you cited is an opinion, but this is a strawman argument because that's not similar in nature to what he said.

Saying something is slow and boring is indeed an opinion, because "slow and boring" are not objective words, they are modifying adjectives. Saying that something does or does not happen is not an opinion. It is a statement (with slight bias depending on what events you might consider being worth called "something") based on a factual occurrence/lack of occurrence of something.

To say "Nothing conclusive has happened" is completely different from "Everything that's happened has been boring". Do you see the difference? Both are similarly annoying to read anyway as a spoiler-hating individual myself.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I guess it is because I know what he is talking about that I equated it to meaning "slow and boring."
15276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bay Area CA
Offline
Posted 6/9/13
Help I'm having a heart attack!

79431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 6/9/13

tommythecat wrote:

Help I'm having a heart attack!



he probably saw this



and then this

15276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bay Area CA
Offline
Posted 6/9/13
Good god Ymir and Krista are adorable together
38655 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/9/13 , edited 6/9/13

zipzo wrote:

Okay...see this is what I'm talking about.

For all intents and purposes, even though you didn't breach any actual details of the show, this post is an inherent spoiler. By essentially asserting that no closure happens so far in to the manga where it is, people viewing the anime can conclude that the show isn't going to give them anything conclusive soon. You're taking away anything anyone has to look forward to at this current point in the show (assuming the show follows the manga to a T and doesn't pull a Fullmetal).

There is a manga forum. Discuss the manga and how the show is living up to it/comparing there. Let people who are watching the anime discuss what's happening in the anime and wonder about what's coming next here.

I said it before...I'll say it again. There's a manga forum. Use it. I'm incredibly touchy about spoilers especially when it comes to an anime on the scale of Attack on Titan, and I'm sure there are many others out there who would be as furious as I would be if a major detail was spoiled.

The thing is, most people can derive, assume, and make conclusive guesses based on things that may not even be detailed descriptions of what happens. Words like "Man, sucks that nothing happened" or "Oh, just wait until the episode that covers this chapter if you want to see what happens to _____" are only superficially vague, but spoil the prediction experience for many of us.

Sorry about that, I've been done for most of the day. Just added spoiler tags.

I'm not really talking about the manga though. I like talking about the anime, but that will be from the position of having read the manga. So while I definitely aim at not bungling the anime experience for anyone else, the only way to positively guarantee that no insinuations are ever made is to bar everyone who's read the manga from this thread. Which could be done; we could be segregated into a second anime thread specifically for manga readers or we could make a manga thread where we discuss the anime in light of the manga without worrying about spoilers up to current chapters.

But so long as here is the only place where people are, here is where everyone is going to go to talk about this. Not to excuse my slipping up, as that's entirely on me, but I just don't see how to realistically enforce an environment where zero mistakes will ever happen in this kind of case. It's like the Lord of the Rings movies, if you've read the books it's hard not to let that influence your discussion. Like "wow, I can't wait to see the big fight at the end of The Fellowship of the Ring in theaters" or "The Two Towers doesn't have much closure at the end, I wonder how they'll deal with that."

That said,


zipzo wrote:

At the least, let's spoiler tag any sentence with the word "manga" in it, please.

... I will be more careful about indicative insinuations and I will do my best to continue following this rule.


AnimeKami wrote:

he probably saw this



and then this


By golly those are adorable 4komas.
15276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bay Area CA
Offline
Posted 6/9/13
So the new chapter.

79431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 6/10/13
469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 6/11/13
YES ! Saw someone post that Ymir is going to do something cool, can't wait because i've been waiting to see more of her, first time i saw her i was interested, sooo yay for me Also want someone to say her name already, not one character has called her name out so keen to find out how to pronounce it.
First  Prev  168  169  170  171  172  173  174  175  176  177  178  179  180  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.