First  Prev  181  182  183  184  185  186  187  188  189  190  191  192  193  Next  Last
Post Reply Attack on Titan Discussions (Spoilers)
2710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 6/29/13

Stewker wrote:

At first I had decided to not watch the episode this week, I had been so turned off by the pacing lately. I relented though and to it's credit this episode felt better to me, pacing was better.

Does bug me though how they recapped for 3 whole minutes before the OP. I know they are trying to fill up their allotted time-slot, but still.

EDIT: DId anyone notice the purple paving stones/bricks in the episode? An error in the art that was missed?



Yeah I noticed that too, necessarily I don't have a problem with it but i'm afraid people are going to be tearing into the show for that error.
52245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Eden of the East
Offline
Posted 6/29/13 , edited 6/29/13

Rito2Ru wrote:

Would I be right in guessing since next week's episode is 13.5 (recap), we won't have a new episode on CR since CR doesn't do recap eps?


Judging by the ending of today's episode, it said Eren is going to hallucinate about all the events that have already happened so far. I interpret this as there will be a few minutes of new scenes mixed in with all the recap. If that's the case, I think CR might show the episode since they have shown these type of recaps from other series before (the recap episode of Chihayafuru S2 comes to mind, or those .5 Girls und Panzer recaps.)
17396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / West Virginia
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
The next episode even though it's a recap is officially episode 14 not 13.5 so they will most likely show it.
23557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Hawaii-Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
Anime spoiler:



I understand the criticisms regarding the pacing, but this show still gets my adrenaline pumping regardless.
38669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 6/29/13 , edited 6/29/13
(All spoiler tags are images from Episode 13).

This episode was absolutely superb. None of my criticisms from the last couple weeks apply; it was fantastic.

Edit: Except the music sometimes. Some of it still sounds really contemporary somehow.


Shrapnel893 wrote:

Ok, so who is everyone's favorite character thus far?

Still Annie; although this person (I forget her name) improved in my eyes remarkably this episode:

Just one of those "You might not like her, but she has a reason for being the way she is" moments.


Stewker wrote:

EDIT: DId anyone notice the purple paving stones/bricks in the episode? An error in the art that was missed?

There was also an issue with background animation twice; when Eren blocked the hole in the gate with the boulder in two shots the hole was only half-covered (it reached twice as high as the boulder), while in the rest of the shots it was completely sealed. I'm assuming it's due to having multiple animation studios working on background per episode.
16043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 6/29/13

ShawnHacaga wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:

Would I be right in guessing since next week's episode is 13.5 (recap), we won't have a new episode on CR since CR doesn't do recap eps?


Judging by the ending of today's episode, it said Eren is going to hallucinate about all the events that have already happened so far. I interpret this as there will be a few minutes of new scenes mixed in with all the recap. If that's the case, I think CR might show the episode since they have shown these type of recaps from other series before (the recap episode of Chihayafuru S2 comes to mind, or those .5 Girls und Panzer recaps.)


At best i think we might see some moments of Eren walking around and talking a bit included. The rest will probably be about things that happened.

Damn i really hate recaps. I can understand the point of recaps on shows that are over 50 episodes, but it's not like it is really necessary. I remember mostly everything that has happened during these 13 episodes, and the few things i don't remember doesn't really matter if i do remember.
16195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Atlanta, Georgia
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
I am curious to see where they end season 1 at. Since the manga has not been updated since early June(English translation) I wonder how far in the story they will actually move.
38669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 6/29/13

Yowa29 wrote:

I am curious to see where they end season 1 at. Since the manga has not been updated since early June(English translation) I wonder how far in the story they will actually move.

It's a monthly-released manga. It's a fair question though; they're up to chapter 18 at this point.
16195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Atlanta, Georgia
Offline
Posted 6/29/13

Insomnist wrote:


Yowa29 wrote:

I am curious to see where they end season 1 at. Since the manga has not been updated since early June(English translation) I wonder how far in the story they will actually move.

It's a monthly-released manga. It's a fair question though; they're up to chapter 18 at this point.


Wow how careless of me to not notice the release dates of each chapter. When I started to read ahead of the anime it was already on ch 45 so I had to only wait for the latest release and never knew it was a monthly manga.

554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Deep in the Heart...
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
just watched 13 and they got a lot done this episode, this is one of the best episodes yet

can't wait for 15
17513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 6/29/13 , edited 6/29/13
I was told to avoid speaking about the manga in this forum, and what i am about to say pertains to the recent episode in the anime. But because I have read the manga, it could imply some things.

Manga Spoilers (please don't read if you have not read the manga)

14392 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
The recap episode makes sense. It's that end of an arc and the start of the survey corps arc.

Is there even any point of eren fighting with his manuever gear now? I feel like he's just going to keep turning into a titan to fight once he learns to full control it.

79501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
animation was pretty bad, a lot more keyframes :O
38669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 6/29/13 , edited 6/29/13

AnimeKami wrote:

animation was pretty bad, a lot more keyframes :O

What does this mean exactly? I know key frames are the main sequence of events and secondary animation fills in between them, but isn't more key frames a good thing? Or is my terminology wrong somewhere.

Edit: Are you talking about still frames?
14498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / SoCal
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
The animation is really beginning to bug me with. There are a huge number of still frames in the newer episodes and with the last episode it seemed like there were a ton of shots where we new there was action going on but all it showed were dust clouds from behind buildings and such. Not to mention they had a recap starting two episodes prior to this one. It just seems like it's really dropping in quality.
79501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 6/29/13

Insomnist wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

animation was pretty bad, a lot more keyframes :O

What does this mean exactly? I know key frames are the main sequence of events and secondary animation fills in between them, but isn't more key frames a good thing? Or is my terminology wrong somewhere.

Edit: Are you talking about still frames?


something like that. To put it in a better sense there was less animation than usual, rather it was noticeably less.
First  Prev  181  182  183  184  185  186  187  188  189  190  191  192  193  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.