First  Prev  247  248  249  250  251  252  253  254  255  256  257  258  259  Next  Last
Post Reply Attack on Titan Discussions (Spoilers)
67723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 9/8/13 , edited 9/8/13

uncletim wrote:

and all the fucking civilians can do is cry about taxes they are so fucking worthless


Instead of taxes... think FOOD.

These are NOT a bunch of first world people whining because a government they didn't bother to go to the polls and vote for or against is making it harder to buy their favourite blue-rays.

These are farmers and shop keepers who have the king's decisions imposed upon them by the best fighters in the military (Military Police) and for whom:

Taxes = less food.

We, the audience, know more, and have our suspicions.

but these folk. all they know is they are going hungry for the sake of expeditions that keep failing. If it was your tummy rumbling. Your brother or sister not even coming home in a body bag. And you watching the defeated troops stagger through your town. Are you so SURE you wouldn't be the same? or at least think it?


67723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 9/8/13

RadioactiveSugar wrote:

Quick question about Eren. Is his last name Jeager or Yeager?


Probably Spelled Jeager and pronounced 'YayGher' unless he was from the French side of a border province with Germany then it MIGHT be pronounced 'Zha-Zhay'



27238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 9/8/13
>First he lost his entire crew
>then he lost at least Petras body
>even after that he gave away his only memento of Petra
>on top of all of that Petras father won't shut the fuck
Being Levi is suffering
1079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 9/8/13

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:

I'm talking more of the fact that Levi lingers around Petra's body longer than the other members in his squad in the forest. And also when her body is being thrown off the wagon. Something is up there. She's being emphasized more than any other of the dead.


I think that's because the authors think we'll get more feels for a cute girl rather than for tongue biter.



Indeed. I read the manga, and there was no such romance between the two(although possibly tension at one point), but the cute girl being trampled on by titan's is more emotional than mr cut neck or halfman.
54045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 9/8/13 , edited 9/8/13
that part is actually added in and some since i dont remember reading it but i find it a nice touch , to show more of levi's personality

and it also added scenes of the emotional toll the members of the league has after a mission.
,at the same time the fillers made the episode longer so the episode ends at the end of that mission,,,,,,,


44242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 9/8/13

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:

I'm talking more of the fact that Levi lingers around Petra's body longer than the other members in his squad in the forest. And also when her body is being thrown off the wagon. Something is up there. She's being emphasized more than any other of the dead.


I think that's because the authors think we'll get more feels for a cute girl rather than for tongue biter.



if that's what it was, then they were right

but let me believe in my Levi x Petra coupling anyway
69 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Hidden Leaf Village
Offline
Posted 9/8/13

qualeshia3 wrote:


akatsukireunites wrote:


kuroneko1408 wrote:

I'm gonna be frank.

I don't ship Levi and Petra.

He just doesn't seem like the type that would reciprocate. I'm not saying that he's emotionless, but to me, his job is everything. Eradicating the Titans is everything. Petra was probably the youngest, and she was the only female of the group. That alone makes her special. He would have had the same reaction if someone else he handpicked had their corpse abandoned. Her father wasn't saying that they were engaged (not too sure why people think that), he was planting the idea in Levi's head to help his daughter out. Petra definitely has feelings for Levi (god, who wouldn't?), but I don't think it's the same for the other side.

On another note, Levi is a lot faster than I thought. And how the heck does he not get dizzy from spinning so much so fast?

I agree!
Levi & Mikasa (my ship) fight was badass!
Their teamwork <3333



I love RivaiXMika as well. That is my absolute favorite dare-to-be-different pairing. They make sense base on their similarities and how they care about Eren.

Sorry if I came off a little weird.


YEA I KNOW! and how there both stoic and amazing fighters, they complement one another
10338 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / In
Online
Posted 9/8/13

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


uncletim wrote:

and all the fucking civilians can do is cry about taxes they are so fucking worthless


Instead of taxes... think FOOD.

These are NOT a bunch of first world people whining because a government they didn't bother to go to the polls and vote for or against is making it harder to buy their favourite blue-rays.

These are farmers and shop keepers who have the king's decisions imposed upon them by the best fighters in the military (Military Police) and for whom:

Taxes = less food.

We, the audience, know more, and have our suspicions.

but these folk. all they know is they are going hungry for the sake of expeditions that keep failing. If it was your tummy rumbling. Your brother or sister not even coming home in a body bag. And you watching the defeated troops stagger through your town. Are you so SURE you wouldn't be the same? or at least think it?




that is one point of view here is another

Taxes = Army = Not being Titan food

Those people reminded me of the hippies who spat on troops coming home from vietnam (and one time at a troop coming home from Iraq. they had to have the cops escourt them away before they got killed) you don't protest to the army you protest to the goverment. Those troops pass or fail are just doing their job
47575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 9/8/13
I think the complaint about the scouting corps is the same as it always was. It seems they never do anything except die out there so while it is good to say the army defends them and is worthwhile, the scouting corps just seems to waste lives and resources in fruitlessly attempting to figure out the Titans. They are looking outward when, it hasn't quite been revealed yet but the female titan should be hinting to them that they should be looking inward instead. Of course the townspeople don't know this, they just know it was another failed scouting mission.
17965 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/8/13

akatsukireunites wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:


akatsukireunites wrote:


kuroneko1408 wrote:

I'm gonna be frank.

I don't ship Levi and Petra.

He just doesn't seem like the type that would reciprocate. I'm not saying that he's emotionless, but to me, his job is everything. Eradicating the Titans is everything. Petra was probably the youngest, and she was the only female of the group. That alone makes her special. He would have had the same reaction if someone else he handpicked had their corpse abandoned. Her father wasn't saying that they were engaged (not too sure why people think that), he was planting the idea in Levi's head to help his daughter out. Petra definitely has feelings for Levi (god, who wouldn't?), but I don't think it's the same for the other side.

On another note, Levi is a lot faster than I thought. And how the heck does he not get dizzy from spinning so much so fast?

I agree!
Levi & Mikasa (my ship) fight was badass!
Their teamwork <3333



I love RivaiXMika as well. That is my absolute favorite dare-to-be-different pairing. They make sense base on their similarities and how they care about Eren.

Sorry if I came off a little weird.


YEA I KNOW! and how there both stoic and amazing fighters, they complement one another




Those two need to be in their very own series together. I just can't get enough of that pairing.







72656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 9/8/13
just saw a guy watching aot on hulu right in front of me... ooo how the world is small.
252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / San Jose, California
Offline
Posted 9/8/13
Levi being badass in the beginning taking out the Female Titan in mere seconds. Good thing Eren is still alive but not the Female Titan who is sitting there in tears.

Such a sad episode that most Survey Corps were killed especially at the ending with Levi and Erwin getting the sad expressions.

Words I can't describe about this episode being tear jerking. Lets see what the next episode would look like.
72656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 9/8/13
Sixx7 
10156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Behind you O.O
Offline
Posted 9/8/13
As much as I loved seeing Levi make quick work the Female Titan, I couldn't help but think, "If only he had engaged her in battle as soon as they saw her?" Seriously, if all of Squad Levi minus Eren fought her, surely she wouldn't have stood a chance. Even with her ability to harden her skin, I think he was attacking too fast for her to keep up.
67723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 9/8/13

uncletim wrote:

that is one point of view here is another

Taxes = Army = Not being Titan food

Those people reminded me of the hippies who spat on troops coming home from vietnam (and one time at a troop coming home from Iraq. they had to have the cops escourt them away before they got killed) you don't protest to the army you protest to the goverment. Those troops pass or fail are just doing their job


then they reminded you of the wrong thing. Again these are not spoiled children of a rich nation who don't bother to even vote and think their first world problems are more important than the deaths of people sworn to their protection. these are people who experience real hardship for the sake of not being titan food and who honestly wonder why the survey corps should get any money versus say... the Garrison Corps or the Military police. Said military police being (I'm sure) the go to response by the unelected KING to any 'protest'.

I understand where you're coming from. I have my own set of dog tags and November 11th is a sacred day to me, an otherwise non-religious person. But I like to think that I'm able to keep the place from whence I'm coming from blinding me to what the authors are trying to show me.

But like anything on the internet. It's just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.


First  Prev  247  248  249  250  251  252  253  254  255  256  257  258  259  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.