First  Prev  295  296  297  298  299  300  301  302  303  304  305  306  307  Next  Last
Post Reply Attack on Titan Discussions (Spoilers)
22171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 3/11/14



Okay. You're not really a fan of English dubs huh?
65332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 3/11/14

qualeshia3 wrote:




Okay. You're not really a fan of English dubs huh?


It's not really that, just with crunchyroll I get to see anime as it airs in Japan, so slowly I stopped buying anime dvds which came out way later and adult swim got worse.

So I'm just use to subs now?

22171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 3/11/14


I enjoy the original and English dub of certain anime shows. Anyway I rather acknowledge that we like the same series and nothing more.
65332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 3/11/14

qualeshia3 wrote:



I enjoy the original and English dub of certain anime shows. Anyway I rather acknowledge that we like the same series and nothing more.


:) No it's cool. I have nothing against dubs nor do I even think I dislike them. I have a whole bookshelves of dvds I got before I found crunchyroll.

It's just been awhile.

That's why I was surprised to here this was getting a dub, because it may be the first time in awhile I'll get a dub.

Have we heard any samples of it yet?
22171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 3/11/14



I have. Personally, I found it enjoyable to listen to.
6490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Shadows of Califo...
Online
Posted 3/11/14
Second batch of VAs announced:


Jean - Mike McFarland
Sasha - Ashly Burch
Conny - Clifford Chapin
Anka - Jamie Marchi
Hanna - Tia Ballard
Gustav - Keith Kubal
Christa - Bryn Apprill
Ymir - Elizabeth Maxwell


Hmm...most of the VAs listed are those that have held either minor or one-off roles in previous anime, and we have some of the experienced VAs like Mike McFarland or Jamie Marchi.

So really anything goes here: this dub could be really awesome, or it could be really bad. It could go either way.

And yeah, Tiny Tina is going to be the Potato Girl...
22171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 3/11/14

tasti_man_LH wrote:

Second batch of VAs announced:


Jean - Mike McFarland
Sasha - Ashly Burch
Conny - Clifford Chapin
Anka - Jamie Marchi
Hanna - Tia Ballard
Gustav - Keith Kubal
Christa - Bryn Apprill
Ymir - Elizabeth Maxwell


Hmm...most of the VAs listed are those that have held either minor or one-off roles in previous anime, and we have some of the experienced VAs like Mike McFarland or Jamie Marchi.

So really anything goes here: this dub could be really awesome, or it could be really bad. It could go either way.

And yeah, Tiny Tina is going to be the Potato Girl...



I was honestly expecting Greg Ayres to voice Conny Springer.
Koda89 
17787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Oklahoma City, OK
Online
Posted 3/11/14
Sweet, Ash is Sasha. Though you have to think she has to be thanking her brother so much. Cause if her brother wasn't writing Borderlands 2, I somehow doubt she'd get the role of Tiny Tina, which in turn allowed her to strap a rocket to her voice acting career and now she's got a prominent role in one of the biggest anime dubs to come in a while.
49478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 3/11/14 , edited 3/11/14

Koda89 wrote:

Sweet, Ash is Sasha. Though you have to think she has to be thanking her brother so much. Cause if her brother wasn't writing Borderlands 2, I somehow doubt she'd get the role of Tiny Tina, which in turn allowed her to strap a rocket to her voice acting career and now she's got a prominent role in one of the biggest anime dubs to come in a while.


I'm sure she'll do fine, as well as all the others. They'll be releasing cast announcements each day this week at 10 AM Central, so five more days of reveals. Mostly likely the last few will include more of the main roles.

I'm glad to see talent that aren't always featured in their dubs as well. Meaning, fresh faces -- so to speak. What I want to know is, since this show is obviously hyped to a point of insanity, has everyone at Funimation been going over it 24-7 a thousand times over since they got the license? For instance, watching the Japanese performances, reading the source material, nitpicking this and that, etc. If it is less than spectacular, people are going to complain even worse than usual. More-so than other shows. I mean, they're going to complain anyway, people always do, but, ah, I think everyone gets the idea.
5639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Outer Space
Offline
Posted 3/11/14
How awesome would it be if Eren was being voiced by Samuel L Jackson?
8081 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / California
Offline
Posted 3/11/14 , edited 3/11/14

GaIaxy wrote:

How awesome would it be if Eren was being voiced by Samuel L Jackson?


I have had it with these mother f-in Titans in these mother f-in walls!

It'd be pretty awesome.
22171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 3/11/14

GaIaxy wrote:

How awesome would it be if Eren was being voiced by Samuel L Jackson?


What?!
5639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Outer Space
Offline
Posted 3/13/14

dreadreaver89 wrote:


GaIaxy wrote:

How awesome would it be if Eren was being voiced by Samuel L Jackson?


I have had it with these mother f-in Titans in these mother f-in walls!

It'd be pretty awesome.


HAHAHHAHAHA
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 3/26/14
Attack on titan is BAD - An analytical video review

Hey there, I'm new to this forum, but I'm pretty passionate about anime. Specifically the stories that anime can bring us. And i just recently made a video about Attack on Titan, and figured that some of you might be interested.

Despite the title of the video, and the thumbnail, I actually think that SnK is pretty good. It just has some major flaws that make it bad overall in my opinion. (mostly in the story and plot departments).
As you can probably tell from the video length, this is a fairly indepth analysis of the show, and has taken me quite some time to write and produce. Naturally, it's very spoiler heavy (so if you haven't watched the whole series yet then stick in on your watch list) but only addresses stuff from the animated show itself. It also contains a small amount of personal speculation in parts.

Most of the review is about addressing a lot of the issues with elements of the plot and characterization, and offering alternatives as I go, to invite discussion.

So I'd love it if you guys could give it an earnest watch and let me know what you think. It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on this stuff too, since I've basically completely cut myself off from forums and the like in order to write this without copying other peoples thoughts on the show.

Anyway enough of my rambling, here's the video:

22171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 3/26/14


I already know that its a flawed anime and I still enjoy it.
First  Prev  295  296  297  298  299  300  301  302  303  304  305  306  307  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.