First  Prev  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  Next  Last
Post Reply Attack on Titan Discussions (Spoilers)
24927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Virginia
Offline
Posted 5/5/13
Just watched episode 5 and.... it looks like I'm going to be having nightmares tonight... (・_・;)
a619ko 
18192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 5/5/13
Wtf happened.

173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 5/5/13
Perfection.

18436 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 5/5/13
Don't ever underestimate the titans. Be real.
What if you face a predator the size of a building? To them, the 3D maneuver must move so slow!
This is why people shouldn't hate on Armin. He's not suicidal like the main protagonist, that's all. It can't be called cowardice not wanting to enter a losing fight. Come on! He witnessed a slaughter in front of his eyes! He was brave enough to not faint as I would have, although his body pretty much shut down...
But I will give them credit. They faced at least 2 abnormal titans and maybe they would kicked ass against normal ones.
20555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 5/5/13
I gif'd a certain scene from episode 5. So crazy.



I said damn. It's like, all that build up and then... blam.
84339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/5/13
Created by AnimeKami


just a small poll
20158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/5/13
Yes i did download episode 5 and watched it fansubbed because I couldn't wait. That said I'm still thankful for crunchyroll for eventually putting the episode up and I watched it on here again yes so they know they got my view. Would I have "pirated" that episode if crunchy roll streamed it when I thought they would? Nope i would have watched it here. I just hope CR has it on time next week so I don't feel the urge to be a pirate. I'm not saying what I did was right but my experience and I think i can relate to many other viewers that CR is a way for us not to break the law most the time. I pay for premium here on CR and I'm happy to support the industry any way i can, but we are humans and we pick the easy way most the time.
Moderator XIV
67162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / somewhere that is...
Offline
Posted 5/5/13

perrandy wrote:

"I think CR should get he show faster"


First off.... lets try to be a little less flamey in our responses to people going forward. Calling someone a "corporate B****" is clearly not kosher with the CR rules about treating other users with respect. As for CR's speed of delivery.... here is the thing. CR gets a official translation created by the actual company who creates the show.

This also means it has to be created, checked, edited, approved, translated sometimes into multiple languages again, synched with the show itself, and then sent to CR in a way that is compatible with the CR player, and lastly uploaded to CR and tested for streaming before set to live. A Fansubber just gets a raw, translates it into whatever they feel it says, doesn't need to proof read it, edit it, or get approval on it, is only putting it in one language normally, doesn't care if it gets posted in a format that XYZ person's pc can't use, and doesn't stream at all and just posts as downloadable torrent much less worry about compatibility with Roku or Xbox 360 streaming.

Just a little less time consuming when you are a fansubber.
10253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Maryland
Offline
Posted 5/5/13

Typicalrain wrote:

Yes i did download episode 5 and watched it fansubbed because I couldn't wait. That said I'm still thankful for crunchyroll for eventually putting the episode up and I watched it on here again yes so they know they got my view. Would I have "pirated" that episode if crunchy roll streamed it when I thought they would? Nope i would have watched it here. I just hope CR has it on time next week so I don't feel the urge to be a pirate. I'm not saying what I did was right but my experience and I think i can relate to many other viewers that CR is a way for us not to break the law most the time. I pay for premium here on CR and I'm happy to support the industry any way i can, but we are humans and we pick the easy way most the time.


Purely out of curiosity, how do premium user views help support Crunchyroll? As premium users we pay through subscription not by viewing the video with ads. Is there a mechanic to this I'm missing?
20898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / United States
Online
Posted 5/5/13
OH MY GOD.

That was freakin amazing.
20898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / United States
Online
Posted 5/5/13

Dont_Mind_Me wrote:


Typicalrain wrote:

Yes i did download episode 5 and watched it fansubbed because I couldn't wait. That said I'm still thankful for crunchyroll for eventually putting the episode up and I watched it on here again yes so they know they got my view. Would I have "pirated" that episode if crunchy roll streamed it when I thought they would? Nope i would have watched it here. I just hope CR has it on time next week so I don't feel the urge to be a pirate. I'm not saying what I did was right but my experience and I think i can relate to many other viewers that CR is a way for us not to break the law most the time. I pay for premium here on CR and I'm happy to support the industry any way i can, but we are humans and we pick the easy way most the time.


Purely out of curiosity, how do premium user views help support Crunchyroll? As premium users we pay through subscription not by viewing the video with ads. Is there a mechanic to this I'm missing?


I think it's more the mindset of him using the illegal video over the legal one. They don't get more money off more views, but I can see him feeling guilt for supporting fansubs.
18764 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/5/13

Dont_Mind_Me wrote:
Purely out of curiosity, how do premium user views help support Crunchyroll? As premium users we pay through subscription not by viewing the video with ads. Is there a mechanic to this I'm missing?

Well being premium supports Crunchyroll, regardless of where the views are. And then the common assumption (I'm not sure if this is officially confirmed anywhere) is that royalties based on premium users are awarded to the company CR licensed from based on show's or episode's percentage of total premium views. So the assumption is that more premium views shifts the money to support that specific show's production committee, which allows you to 'support' your favorite show by viewing it.
20158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/5/13
Yeah I felt a little guilty because i knew I could just wait till later for CR to have it xD and I know premium supports Cr anyways but I rewatched it on Cr just bc I felt some sort of obligation for the servers to recognize I watched it. And if I didn't watch it that little orange bar below the episode would remain forever unfilled D:
10253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Maryland
Offline
Posted 5/5/13 , edited 5/5/13

hatguy12 wrote:


Well being premium supports Crunchyroll, regardless of where the views are. And then the common assumption (I'm not sure if this is officially confirmed anywhere) is that royalties based on premium users are awarded to the company CR licensed from based on show's or episode's percentage of total premium views. So the assumption is that more premium views shifts the money to support that specific show's production committee, which allows you to 'support' your favorite show by viewing it.


I was thinking it was something along these lines as well. I'd love if someone could confirm this.
12099 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Ontario Canada
Offline
Posted 5/5/13 , edited 5/5/13

First  Prev  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.