First  Prev  198  199  200  201  202  203  204  205  206  207  208  209  210  Next  Last
Post Reply Attack on Titan Discussions (Spoilers)
17515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 7/14/13 , edited 7/14/13
Spin-off please!

41597 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/14/13 , edited 7/14/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:

The Titans ate their budget.

It's almost fun watching them show off their 3D modeling though. "Did we just take two original images of Eren's titan form and scatter them in a 3-dimensional space across the surfaces of multiple cubes suspended at various depths so that the images coalesce only from two distinct angles I think we bloody well did!"



I'd be curious to read an article about the 3D tech going into this anime because I think there's some genuinely new stuff going on behind the scenes at MADBOX that's pulling all this together. It's kind of like watching The Lord of the Rings or Transformers and realizing "Dang, we can do this kind of stuff with special effects now."
49921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 7/14/13

Insomnist wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:

The Titans ate their budget.

It's almost fun watching them show off their 3D modeling though. "Did we just take two original images of Eren's titan form and scatter them in a 3-dimensional space across the surfaces of multiple cubes suspended at various depths so that the images coalesce only from two distinct angles I think we bloody well did!"



I'd be curious to read an article about the 3D tech going into this anime because I think there's some genuinely new stuff going on behind the scenes at MADBOX that's pulling all this together. It's kind of like watching The Lord of the Rings or Transformers and realizing "Dang, we can do this kind of stuff with special effects now."


Pacific Rim had nice effects.
41597 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/14/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:

Pacific Rim had nice effects.

Please don't spoil meh, I won't be able to see that for a couple more days because reasons.

But I hope it's amazing; I want a movie to redeem the tech that was lashed to Transformers and Battleship.
49921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 7/14/13 , edited 7/14/13

Insomnist wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:

Pacific Rim had nice effects.

Please don't spoil meh, I won't be able to see that for a couple more days because reasons.

But I hope it's amazing; I want a movie to redeem the tech that was lashed to Transformers and Battleship.


It will. It did for me at least. In some parts it reminded me of Attack On Titan, actually.

Side note and I know I mention this a lot, but are non pairing centric stories not popular in fandom or what? Almost 40,000+ words of writing and I get no feedback. I don't know if my stuff sucks or what. I hope it doesn't but nobody has told me as a second opinion. I wonder if I should just BS the description and put Anniex[insert character name] and then have her falling in love with the one old wizard (forgot his name) that is trying to eat the smurfs. I think that'd be popular - what do you think?

I think Tomoko is rubbing off on me. That sounded wrong... Oh my god she is! Ah!
29418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Woodstock, Georgia
Offline
Posted 7/14/13 , edited 7/14/13
Animation for the opening was good but the song picked for it was good but imo they should have a more upbeat song for the OP. Maybe switch the OP with the ending song and it would have been good.

I really wanted to see Mikasa beat the shit out of Levi. Not because I hate Levi but i just love that face Mikasa makes <3

Overall i thought it was a good episode.

Edit: Also @ the people complaining at the pace of the show. GTFO, the pacing is fine. I don't want another show ending up like Blue Exorcist, especially if its AoT. The Manga is still ongoing, rather have a slower pace than more recaps.
One Punch Mod
49276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 7/14/13
Chiming in to say the OP change is disappointing. I'm happy with the pacing though, and still liking the show quite a bit. In fact I may be liking it more now, because so far I haven't seen any new Summer show that I like all that much, and AoT is brilliant against them.
Allvah 
22018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30
Offline
Posted 7/14/13
Since my thread got locked, I guess they want me to post this here instead.

You're probably all assuming the female titan shown at the end of the new OP is Mikasa. Well, you're wrong.



The queen of Saimoe will not be confined to a single show.

ALL GLORY TO TITAN TOKI
14599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Lavender town
Offline
Posted 7/14/13

ichigosr55 wrote:

Spin-off please!



yes!....or something with at least Annie
41597 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/14/13
You know, I'd sacrifice Attack on Titan in a heartbeat to see these characters in a modern setting.

I'm not entirely sure why, there's just no question in my mind that I would.


Allvah wrote:

Since my thread got locked, I guess they want me to post this here instead.

You're probably all assuming the female titan shown at the end of the new OP is Mikasa. Well, you're wrong.


The queen of Saimoe will not be confined to a single show.

ALL GLORY TO TITAN TOKI

Win!
17515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 7/15/13 , edited 7/15/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:


Insomnist wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:

Pacific Rim had nice effects.

Please don't spoil meh, I won't be able to see that for a couple more days because reasons.

But I hope it's amazing; I want a movie to redeem the tech that was lashed to Transformers and Battleship.


It will. It did for me at least. In some parts it reminded me of Attack On Titan, actually.

Side note and I know I mention this a lot, but are non pairing centric stories not popular in fandom or what? Almost 40,000+ words of writing and I get no feedback. I don't know if my stuff sucks or what. I hope it doesn't but nobody has told me as a second opinion. I wonder if I should just BS the description and put Anniex[insert character name] and then have her falling in love with the one old wizard (forgot his name) that is trying to eat the smurfs. I think that'd be popular - what do you think?

I think Tomoko is rubbing off on me. That sounded wrong... Oh my god she is! Ah!
Actually I have been meaning to read your story for some time now. Honestly I have just been too lazy. But I do intend to, maybe some time this week.

17459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/16/13 , edited 7/16/13


Heck, Yeah! She promises to pay him back in full!
498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 7/16/13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ucrvr0Drlg
19992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Online
Posted 7/16/13

Ranger777 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ucrvr0Drlg




Interesting.
24151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 7/16/13
Wow I really am not a fan of the new OP and ED. They aren't bad but just not nearly as good as the previous.
First  Prev  198  199  200  201  202  203  204  205  206  207  208  209  210  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.