First  Prev  199  200  201  202  203  204  205  206  207  208  209  210  211  Next  Last
Post Reply Attack on Titan Discussions (Spoilers)
46205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 7/16/13
I have an idea: let's all list what we think the dub cast will look like! Who will be voicing who and who you would like to see to fill the role. Who fits, etc. I'll edit this post when I come up with a list of my own.

Given the popularity of the show and the fact that Funimation also has the rights - a dub is inevitable.
71872 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 7/16/13
Patrick Stewart needs to be Pixis
2685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / In my room (;
Offline
Posted 7/17/13
Soo digging the new opening and endings ^.^
16513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Online
Posted 7/17/13 , edited 7/17/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:

I have an idea: let's all list what we think the dub cast will look like! Who will be voicing who and who you would like to see to fill the role. Who fits, etc. I'll edit this post when I come up with a list of my own.

Given the popularity of the show and the fact that Funimation also has the rights - a dub is inevitable.
Colleen Clinkenbeard definitely needs to play Annie. Stephanie Young for Ymir. She has a much more higher pitched voice in the anime than I imagined. When I saw her in the manga, I thought her voice would be much lower. Patrick Seitz may be a good fit for Reiner.. I'm having a hard time thinking of other good voice actors who would fit the other characters in the show.
46205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 7/17/13 , edited 7/17/13

ichigosr55 wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:

I have an idea: let's all list what we think the dub cast will look like! Who will be voicing who and who you would like to see to fill the role. Who fits, etc. I'll edit this post when I come up with a list of my own.

Given the popularity of the show and the fact that Funimation also has the rights - a dub is inevitable.
Colleen Clinkenbeard definitely needs to play Annie. Stephanie Young for Ymir. She has a much more higher pitched voice in the anime than I imagined. When I saw her in the manga, I thought her voice would be much lower. Patrick Seitz may be a good fit for Reiner.. I'm having a hard time thinking of other good voice actors who would fit the other characters in the show.


Well, actually, they could go for a deeper voice for Ymir. It all depends on the casting director and what he or she feels fits the role best.

As for fandubs, well I found this project site which has roles and lines: http://theattackontitanproject.webs.com/

I also noticed that at least one of the roles has been "self-cast", which I guess means someone just decided they'd play that part without an audition? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I find it kind unfair, if that's the case, as you're not giving other people with the possible potential to be a better fit to try their hand at the character. You know?

Armin sounds like a fun person to voice...

Anyway, does the link violate rules? If it does delete it.

On a side note, I wrote a new fan fiction. Annie and Mikasa Centric...



Song Choice: End of Me by Ashes Remain http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LUNvIXofvM

The lyrics describe Annie more than Mikasa, I think. I guess it just means I like Annie more, eh?

What can I say? I like writing...
21500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Hawaii-Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 7/17/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:


Well, actually, they could go for a deeper voice for Ymir. It all depends on the casting director and what he or she feels fits the role best.

As for fandubs, well I found this project site which has roles and lines: http://theattackontitanproject.webs.com/

I also noticed that at least one of the roles has been "self-cast", which I guess means someone just decided they'd play that part without an audition? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I find it kind unfair, if that's the case, as you're not giving other people with the possible potential to be a better fit to try their hand at the character. You know?

Armin sounds like a fun person to voice...

Anyway, does the link violate rules? If it does delete it.

On a side note, I wrote a new fan fiction. Annie and Mikasa Centric...



Song Choice: End of Me by Ashes Remain http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LUNvIXofvM

The lyrics describe Annie more than Mikasa, I think. I guess it just means I like Annie more, eh?

What can I say? I like writing...


Heyo!
8632 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / somewhere doing s...
Offline
Posted 7/18/13

Babyqirl-May wrote:

Soo digging the new opening and endings ^.^


I kinda miss the old super-epic-awesome opening, but I was more fangirling than obsessing over the new opening in episode 14. SPOILERS BELOW:

17796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Offline
Posted 7/19/13

nyanekomimi wrote:


Babyqirl-May wrote:

Soo digging the new opening and endings ^.^


I kinda miss the old super-epic-awesome opening, but I was more fangirling than obsessing over the new opening in episode 14. SPOILERS BELOW:




I am prepared!
44016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 7/20/13
Episode 15:

Well, something happened this episode at least, isn't that right Eren?

20033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Offline
Posted 7/20/13

AnimeKami wrote:

Patrick Stewart needs to be Pixis


I concur
22905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Virginia
Online
Posted 7/20/13
Thoughts on Episode 15:

16513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Online
Posted 7/20/13 , edited 7/20/13
Episode 15

Alright, I think my rated for AoT has gone down from 8/10 to 7.5/10. The pacing is really killing it for me. I don't mind an episode with no action and only talking, but more stuff needs to happen. The scene with Eren listing the member's kills and assists could have been used in the Halfway Intermission screens, and it would have been more appropriate than the information about the Wallists (still a silly now). Also the scenes with Bean and Sonny could have been half as long or even shorter.

Don't get me wrong, when the show gets good, it REALLY gets good. But the amount of slow episodes is really disappointing.
133280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 7/20/13
Am I the only one that felt sorry for Hanji? Like seriously, she really did care about Sonny and Bean and the other two titans that died I think. Well, if anything else, there's a rogue soldier among the squads. This is not some coincidence obviously but I hope they find the person responsible for this.

Otherwise, rape face time:

16753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Los Angeles, CA
Offline
Posted 7/20/13

ichigosr55 wrote:

Episode 15

Alright, I think my rated for AoT has gone down from 8/10 to 7.5/10. The pacing is really killing it for me. I don't mind an episode with no action and only talking, but more stuff needs to happen. The scene with Eren listing the member's kills and assists could have been used in the Halfway Intermission screens, and it would have been more appropriate than the information about the Wallists (still a silly now). Also the scenes with Bean and Sonny could have been half as long or even shorter.

Don't get me wrong, when the show gets good, it REALLY gets good. But the amount of slow episodes is really disappointing.


Pacing will be less of an issue in a year or two when there are many episodes and people new to the show can just zip through the fillers. The main concern for this show (and most shows actually) is the quality of the story. I'm still looking for a good storyline and engaging characters but so far, nothing. Hopefully the story improves in this next arc.
14958 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 7/20/13
Story about to take a pretty wicked turn soon, just you wait.
First  Prev  199  200  201  202  203  204  205  206  207  208  209  210  211  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.