First  Prev  264  265  266  267  268  269  270  271  272  273  274  275  276  Next  Last
Post Reply Attack on Titan Discussions (Spoilers)
22905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Virginia
Offline
Posted 9/24/13 , edited 9/24/13

AnimeKami wrote:

there is so much hate in this thread...

perhaps if we stopped fighting each other we'd beat the titans already >.>


We need more laughs.

17965 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/24/13



Indeed.
11478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Washington State USA
Offline
Posted 9/24/13
im tired of Eren being a puss.... seriously there was little contact between him and Annie and he acts like shes on the same lvl of Mikasa... man the fuk up!
16414 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / arizona
Offline
Posted 9/24/13 , edited 9/24/13
More great attack on titan artwork :)
Source
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=38663086

Attack on Kindergarden

Banned
7748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Cambridge United...
Offline
Posted 9/24/13 , edited 9/24/13

irtiza9169 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

there is so much hate in this thread...

perhaps if we stopped fighting each other we'd beat the titans already >.>


We need more laughs.



Yes we need more laughs but what we don't need is more unfunny AoT related memes and ignorant fanboys gushing about how AoT is the best thing since oxygen.
17965 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/24/13

Shukuchi wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


Shukuchi wrote:

Wow you guys love to over analyse content that doesn't really warrant it, you know AoT is still a shounen right ?


yes. it's a cartoon. your point?




Your answer to my comment has absolutely no relevance to what I said at all



Imagine if it was seinen instead of shounen.
Banned
7748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Cambridge United...
Offline
Posted 9/24/13

qualeshia3 wrote:


Shukuchi wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


Shukuchi wrote:

Wow you guys love to over analyse content that doesn't really warrant it, you know AoT is still a shounen right ?


yes. it's a cartoon. your point?




Your answer to my comment has absolutely no relevance to what I said at all



Imagine if it was seinen instead of shounen.


Oh lawd yes xD Then the show itself could delve into deeper issues instead of people coming up with theories backed up by nothing than mere speculation.
17965 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/24/13



If it were seinen instead of shounen, the popularity might change, since shounen anime series are much more popular. Either way I'd enjoy both equally.




















47575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/24/13
The mangaka thought up the idea for titans because of a drunk bar patron he couldn't communicate with, LOL. The scariest thing to him, the biggest monster of all is humans. Especially... drunk humans! LOL
Banned
7748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Cambridge United...
Offline
Posted 9/24/13

hpulley wrote:

The mangaka thought up the idea for titans because of a drunk bar patron he couldn't communicate with, LOL. The scariest thing to him, the biggest monster of all is humans. Especially... drunk humans! LOL


Actually it's very blatant that the author's main influence is Neon Genesis Evangelion, since so many similar tropes are used with little difference.
47575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/24/13 , edited 9/24/13

Shukuchi wrote:


hpulley wrote:

The mangaka thought up the idea for titans because of a drunk bar patron he couldn't communicate with, LOL. The scariest thing to him, the biggest monster of all is humans. Especially... drunk humans! LOL


Actually it's very blatant that the author's main influence is Neon Genesis Evangelion, since so many similar tropes are used with little difference.
There are no original stories anymore. Eva isn't original either. It's all about the execution that makes it enjoyable. If you only watch original shows then there wouldn't be anything to watch anymore really. There are original treatments of the concepts but truly original stories are just about impossible to come up with.

Attack on Titan is all about the execution. Exciting music and animation and fun characters. The concept almost doesn't matter which is good because... as you said it isn't really that original.


In the year ____, the ____, huge, tremendously powerful, _____, appear in ____ . The only hope for Mankind's survival lies in the _____, a ______ fighting machine. Capable of withstanding anything the _____ can dish out, the _____'s one drawback lies in the limited number of people able to pilot them. Only a handful of teenagers _____ are able to interface with the _____. One such teenager is ____, whose father heads the _____ team that developed and maintains the ______. Thrust into a maelstrom of battle and events that s/he does not understand, _____ is forced to plumb the depths of his own inner resources for the courage and strength to not only fight, but to survive, or risk losing everything.


This describes so many shows... but just enjoy them! Eva, Freezing, Vividred, Strike Witches, Symphogear... Attack on Titan....
Banned
7748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Cambridge United...
Offline
Posted 9/24/13

hpulley wrote:


Shukuchi wrote:


hpulley wrote:

The mangaka thought up the idea for titans because of a drunk bar patron he couldn't communicate with, LOL. The scariest thing to him, the biggest monster of all is humans. Especially... drunk humans! LOL


Actually it's very blatant that the author's main influence is Neon Genesis Evangelion, since so many similar tropes are used with little difference.
There are no original stories anymore. Eva isn't original either. It's all about the execution that makes it enjoyable. If you only watch original shows then there wouldn't be anything to watch anymore really. There are original treatments of the concepts but truly original stories are just about impossible to come up with.

Attack on Titan is all about the execution. Exciting music and animation and fun characters. The concept almost doesn't matter which is good because... as you said it isn't really that original.


I didn't say anything about AoT not being original I was just stating that it is really obvious that Hajime Isayama used Eva as a template for his manga.
47575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/24/13

Shukuchi wrote:

I didn't say anything about AoT not being original I was just stating that it is really obvious that Hajime Isayama used Eva as a template for his manga.

Want to be successful? Copy a success. Put your stamp on it and I think he has and you can be successful too.

It isn't original. The artwork isn't that good. There are a lot of negatives when you look at its parts but as a whole, the sum of it all adds up to something fun and enjoyable for so many people. I enjoy it too.
17965 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/24/13 , edited 9/24/13

hpulley wrote:



Yeah. How does one truly create something of originality without it deemed as cliche though? Nowadays, cliches are much more popular than anything original. How do you stick to originality and stay away from something cliche? Unless, stripping an anime series of its cliches and giving it a twist can be considered originality. I don't mean to sound rude if I do.
67723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 9/24/13
Shounen Seinen, Senile, I don't really care. I'm enjoying it. I find the questions i have about it amusing. And seeing how right or wrong I am ditto,

For Example: I thought the MPs were all in on whatever conspiracy is going on and might have known human titans in their ranks. Turns out they're just a bunch of corrupt hacks. They might have been skilled when they left school but safety and power have clearly made them soft.

I still think there's some sort of conspiracy but I have lots of questions.

One theory I had was that the attack on Eren's home town was in part an effort to infiltrate human titans into the population. With swarms of refugees flooding the system who is going to notice a couple of people from some town no one has ever heard of? better yet if you do it with younger agents, Kids are less threatening more easily infilitrated. ... Eren's class could be full of human titans.



I don't know if it's true and if it is. It makes some of the other theories I have problematic.

Conspiracy-wise I Can't think of a better way to control a population. A clear outside threat necessitating that the populace be kept in an over sized prison. A population frightened, demanding, needing protection. An outside enemy to rally against. (you're with us or you're with the Titans!) the 'best' troops located in the capital and obviously meant to control the populace. Oh and an easy way to cull 'excess' population or deal with dangerous elements. Send them against the Titans. Given the attrition rate in the Survey Corps I wonder if whomever is running this society MEANS them to die. It's a great outlet for those who want to escape the prison...

Oh... and no one knows what's outside the walls. Are we sure this is Humanity's last bastion of people?

It's clear there IS a conspiracy. Annie's ring and her strangely effective call/summons of other (non rational) Titans. Suggests Training? Tradition? a Support Network? Her behaviour is clearly that of someone under orders. She was standoffish to the point of not really wanting to know anyone during training. At the time her bad attitude made her 'cool' to some fans. But I wonder if she simply didn't want to get to know people she might have to kill. Shame on Eren for breaking her shell She's clearly conflicted about what she's doing. As I said some 'Greater Good' is making her do things that she'd rather not.

(before anyone get's on my case about 'the Greater Good' I'll remind them it was the catch phrase of Nicolai Yezhov. Just because Annie has a belief in something doesn't mean we the audience nor the characters in the show will find it just or right)

I'm curious as to what that cause is.

What's up with Eren's dad? What IS in that basement? Evidence of this big secret?

Erwin is quite the chess player. I find it interesting that Levi appears to genuinely respect him.

His comments to Eren after the two captured Titans were killed and his Entire PLAN for the survey expedition. (it clearly was not an attempt to reach Eren's basement. It was all about luring out and capturing a human titan, and was based on the assumption that their ranks were infiltrated)
His set up going into the Capital. He KNOWS something is rotten in Denmark.

---

on an unrelated note: something is up with Mikasa, Don't you think? It may be an attempt to create a 'cool chick' or 'a great Japanese' but discarding 'ain't it cool?' as the reason, one wonders why Mikasa is so much better than nearly everyone else. Of all the people we've seen fighting she is the equal or superior to everyone except Levi. Straight from training she's on a par with 'elite' multiple titan killers. She survives getting hit by rocks twice the size of her head. There's something going on with her. As I said It may be author's whimsy but when over analyzing tv shows it's boring to answer questions with 'Because God made it that way'.
First  Prev  264  265  266  267  268  269  270  271  272  273  274  275  276  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.