First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Post Reply The Severing Crime Edge | Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge Discussion
50581 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/5/13
Sorry, I blame the Chrome plugin. It double posts if I accidentally double click the post button. Usually I notice and delete it right away but I must have missed one. Feel free to read Rulebook and strangle me Loreen until my loli impales you with Opener
5306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Virginia, USA
Offline
Posted 7/5/13

Rito2Ru wrote:

Only 365???? Damn

chances of a second season just dropped like a rock, which I think is kind of regretful

and since it was brought up, I'll just say I honestly didn't like the Btooom anime (having read the manga which I thought was just ok)


Crime Edge will sadly never see a second season. There are several reasons for this. Firstly, the MC. Kiri is too cool and alpha male. He fights without hesitation, he has a libido and isn't afraid to show it. He's done something sexual with 3 different girls: Iwai, Kashiko, and Witchie. Second, there are no generic archetypes like the clumsy childhood friend, or the violent tsundere, or the imouto with a brother complex, or the trap used as comic relief. Crime Edge is too original in this regard and Japanese like their tropes. Third, the BD box art. It was too lewd on the Vol. 1 cover as shown earlier in the thread. Iwai bent over naked with an ahegao will make even the most brazen of otaku hesitate from buying out of a store. Lastly, the loli factor. Anime with lolis as main characters and have loli fanservice don't sell too well. Hard to believe but Japan doesn't like lolis that much.

In short, the show was destined to bomb but I still enjoyed it. Btooom was pretty good but I haven't read the manga so I can't say if it's a good adaptation or not.
One Punch Mod
47992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 7/6/13 , edited 7/6/13

hpulley wrote:

Sorry, I blame the Chrome plugin. It double posts if I accidentally double click the post button. Usually I notice and delete it right away but I must have missed one. Feel free to read Rulebook and strangle me Loreen until my loli impales you with Opener :D


So, let me tell you about the time my Chrome totally screwed me, and allowed me to post the same thing 47 times, because it did not give the usual visual feedback that something had posted. (e.g. the edit box going blank). (I should have know better than to keep clicking aimlessly, but, well, stupid). Anyway, I discovered it quickly and deleted my extras, but boy was that embarrassing. Especially since it was a post in which I'd quoted someone and they got 47 notifications!

50581 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/6/13
So you aren't going to strangle me with RuleBook? Not even for a little while?
L
O
L
39054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/6/13 , edited 7/6/13
I was curious how this would sell given how fetishistic it is. Now we know.

I wonder if it would've benefited from an adult cast instead of kids.
80754 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 7/6/13
the preview didn't show a time-skip so... it remains a jr high school anime (which is worse than high school) nuuuu
50581 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/6/13

Insomnist wrote:
I was curious how this would sell given how fetishistic it is. Now we know.

I wonder if it would've benefited from an adult cast instead of kids.


AnimeKami wrote:
the preview didn't show a time-skip so... it remains a jr high school anime (which is worse than high school) nuuuu

You both realize it's from a manga that was already written, right? And their ages and school setting was already fixed??? It faithfully follows the manga. Just the way it is written!
39054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/6/13

hpulley wrote:

You both realize it's from a manga that was already written, right? And their ages and school setting was already fixed??? It faithfully follows the manga. Just the way it is written!

I know it. I realize the possibility is precluded, but it's still an interesting thought to entertain.
80754 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 7/6/13

hpulley wrote:


Insomnist wrote:
I was curious how this would sell given how fetishistic it is. Now we know.

I wonder if it would've benefited from an adult cast instead of kids.


AnimeKami wrote:
the preview didn't show a time-skip so... it remains a jr high school anime (which is worse than high school) nuuuu

You both realize it's from a manga that was already written, right? And their ages and school setting was already fixed??? It faithfully follows the manga. Just the way it is written!


that's what i had assumed...
21211 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 5/30/14
Too bad there won't be a second season. I like this show.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.