First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Last three Spring 2013 Anime streams for crunchyroll *guess*
18847 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/6/13 , edited 4/6/13
Just want to hear your thoughts. as off now i can only think of two good anime titles that i hope/think that crunchyroll will soon stream. One is "Railgun S" and the other one is "HENNEKO"a.k.a "Hentai Ōji to Warawanai Neko". As we all know

P.S.
Attack on Titan will NOT be streaming on Crunchyroll, so just in case someone was not aware of that :)

23907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Virginia
Offline
Posted 4/6/13 , edited 4/6/13
Wait, how are you so sure that Attack of Titan won't be streaming on Crunchyroll when there hasn't been an official announcement yet of anybody licensing it?
76300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 4/6/13
the broadcasters i think ^^
18847 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/6/13

irtiza9169 wrote:

Wait, how are you so sure that Attack of Titan won't be streaming on Crunchyroll when there hasn't been an official announcement yet of anybody licensing it?


well on anime reddit it has been pretty much confirmed also on the forums here it's been said that whoever is giving out the licenses for Attack on TItan, was unwilling to hand it over to any legal streaming sites for the US/CA. so neither crunchyroll, FUNimation, nor TAN, will be streaming attack on titan, at least on simulcast. anyway first episode of attack on titan has been released, as of this video
35529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 4/6/13
My guess is that Crunchyroll will add 1 or 2 more boxes after they make 3 more annoucements.

And they will add the Catalog title section eventually and we'll see boxes there too.

As far as Attack on Titan goes, we could see another Little Busters! situation where into its 2nd cour, Crunchyroll gets it as a sublicense. (Attack on Titan is confirmed 2-cour). Crunchyroll doesn't give up on trying to get as much as it can.

I still think Funimation will get it as a home video release, but we'll just have to wait and see.
18847 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/6/13

pistolsaf wrote:

My guess is that Crunchyroll will add 1 or 2 more boxes after they make 3 more annoucements.

And they will add the Catalog title section eventually and we'll see boxes there too.

As far as Attack on Titan goes, we could see another Little Busters! situation where into its 2nd cour, Crunchyroll gets it as a sublicense. (Attack on Titan is confirmed 2-cour). Crunchyroll doesn't give up on trying to get as much as it can.

I still think Funimation will get it as a home video release, but we'll just have to wait and see.


yea that could happen. speaking of little busters.. is it good? i have it on my queue, but have yet to start. and coming back to Attack on Titan, like u said that it has been confirmed to be running for 2 seasons, it may well get a license later.
35529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 4/6/13

Spirithunter123456 wrote:


pistolsaf wrote:

My guess is that Crunchyroll will add 1 or 2 more boxes after they make 3 more annoucements.

And they will add the Catalog title section eventually and we'll see boxes there too.

As far as Attack on Titan goes, we could see another Little Busters! situation where into its 2nd cour, Crunchyroll gets it as a sublicense. (Attack on Titan is confirmed 2-cour). Crunchyroll doesn't give up on trying to get as much as it can.

I still think Funimation will get it as a home video release, but we'll just have to wait and see.


yea that could happen. speaking of little busters.. is it good? i have it on my queue, but have yet to start. and coming back to Attack on Titan, like u said that it has been confirmed to be running for 2 seasons, it may well get a license later.


I've only seen the first 10 episodes. It has a good mix of comedy and drama, and Rin and Kud are very moe characters. If you don't mind how it starts out very comedic and then goes into some serious dramatic arcs for a few episodes and then has some comedy "filler" episodes, I think you'll like it.

16575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 4/6/13
I wouldn't hold your hopes up on CR getting Railgun S. Funimation wouldn't let that series go to a competitor without a fight.
18847 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/6/13

RoyalMoon wrote:

I wouldn't hold your hopes up on CR getting Railgun S. Funimation wouldn't let that series go to a competitor without a fight.


that's what i thought so too first, but was not samurai girls.. or whatever the name was not a FUNimation anime? if i am right, there might be the chance that Railgun S will be streaming on crunchyroll too.. despite first season and Index being FUNimation exclusives...
16575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 4/6/13 , edited 4/7/13

Spirithunter123456 wrote:


RoyalMoon wrote:

I wouldn't hold your hopes up on CR getting Railgun S. Funimation wouldn't let that series go to a competitor without a fight.


that's what i thought so too first, but was not samurai girls.. or whatever the name was not a FUNimation anime? if i am right, there might be the chance that Railgun S will be streaming on crunchyroll too.. despite first season and Index being FUNimation exclusives...


I'm all in favour for Railgun S being streamed over CR. Currently, thanks to Funimation, there's no legal way to watch Index or Railgun legally outside of the US.
35529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/13

Spirithunter123456 wrote:


RoyalMoon wrote:

I wouldn't hold your hopes up on CR getting Railgun S. Funimation wouldn't let that series go to a competitor without a fight.


that's what i thought so too first, but was not samurai girls.. or whatever the name was not a FUNimation anime? if i am right, there might be the chance that Railgun S will be streaming on crunchyroll too.. despite first season and Index being FUNimation exclusives...


Actually, Samurai Girls was licensed by Sentai Filmworks which has a good relationship with Crunchyroll.

18847 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/7/13 , edited 4/7/13

pistolsaf wrote:


Spirithunter123456 wrote:


RoyalMoon wrote:

I wouldn't hold your hopes up on CR getting Railgun S. Funimation wouldn't let that series go to a competitor without a fight.


that's what i thought so too first, but was not samurai girls.. or whatever the name was not a FUNimation anime? if i am right, there might be the chance that Railgun S will be streaming on crunchyroll too.. despite first season and Index being FUNimation exclusives...


Actually, Samurai Girls was licensed by Sentai Filmworks which has a good relationship with Crunchyroll.



oh that's where i saw it then. i was not sure if i saw the first season of samurai girls on TAN or FUNimation. oh well, since my premise for railgun S is now void, i too believe it will be near to impossible for crunchyroll to get licensing of railgun S. While there's life, there's hope :D

FUNimation and crunchyroll have a bloody past..?
33345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 4/7/13
So RDG.. a) is it good.. and b) will CR get it late? The preview seemed interesting...
49228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/7/13 , edited 4/7/13

Arsenette wrote:

So RDG.. a) is it good.. and b) will CR get it late? The preview seemed interesting...


I like the novels and really hope Crunchyroll gets it though I hate that it has already been streaming on Nico Nico for weeks now before it goes on TV. And I hate more that Nico Nico refuses to show it to me because I'm not in Japan...

Date a Live similarly is already on Nico... but Crunchy could still get those late in addition to...

... a late pickup of Attack on Titan if Sentai gets it for home video. If Funimation gets it that will be that I think and it could still be no one but that has not been officially confirmed, the twitterers saying it are not actually connected with the show, they are just industry watchers. Until @anime_shingeki itself or the MBS site confirms it, there is still a chance it could be licensed.
19379 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/13

Spirithunter123456 wrote:

FUNimation and crunchyroll have a bloody past..?
Funimation does their own streaming unlike some other licensers, that's generally why we don't see titles that they pick up here. As far as I know with companies like Sentai they license series so they can sell dvd's but don't actually stream anything themselves, so its no skin off their backs to sub license the rights to stream to places like CR, which only helps them out as far as advertising goes. Not so with Funimation who is also trying to promote its own streaming site.

First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.