First  Prev  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  Next  Last
Post Reply Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet Discussion
46173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 6/23/13

mipegg wrote:

Wait this is only a 13 episoder? WTF!


There will be a 14th episode OVA that comes with the blu-ray set
36803 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/23/13 , edited 6/23/13
Exciting episode, to be fair. Pinion's hair was a "shit's about to get real" moment.
The Wise Wizard
74830 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 6/23/13

stark700 wrote:
At the same time, I'm curious on Chamber's fighting capacity. Anyways, great action this episode.

From the ANN Anime Spotlight from before the season started:

Striker is the Machine Caliber that Kugel pilots. It's a more high-tech model than Chamber, and often used by commanding officers of the Galactic Alliance of Humankind.

I remembered reading that before the season began, so I knew if there was ever a one on one (which I expected there would be at some point, given its inclusion in the info), that Stiker would have the upper hand from a specifications standpoint.

The fact the Spotlight included information on Commander Kugel also foreshadowed that we would be seeing more of him than just in the first episode.

I'm thinking for summer, perhaps I should avoid the Anime Spotlight articles.

46173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 6/23/13

Insomnist wrote:

Exciting episode, to be fair. Pinion's hair was a "shit's about to get real" moment.


Here's my theory:
63829 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Where the heart is
Offline
Posted 6/23/13 , edited 6/23/13
76066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 6/23/13
that was some serious decay...
36803 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/23/13 , edited 6/23/13

Rito2Ru wrote:


Insomnist wrote:

Exciting episode, to be fair. Pinion's hair was a "shit's about to get real" moment.


Here's my theory:

Yeah, I could see that working.
tinnic 
48352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Brisbane, Australia
Offline
Posted 6/23/13

Rito2Ru wrote:


Insomnist wrote:

Exciting episode, to be fair. Pinion's hair was a "shit's about to get real" moment.


Here's my theory:


I think Striker was influenced as much by whom she encountered then anything else. I mean, who got Chamber first? Pinion, who to a certain extent was used to seeing high-level of technology and didn't think Chamber was anything but a high-level piece of technology. What if Striker was found by someone not so used to technology?

I guess what I am thinking is that more then likely, it was the humans who declared Striker a god before Striker decided to pick-up and run with it. I suspect that it is probably very, very hard to convince people you are a god or at least a god they should follow if they are not already receptive to the idea either because they already have strong religious convictions and you as a deity do not fit with their religious conviction, or have logically deduced you can't be a god because you are clearly just a piece of technology.

It would have been interesting to see what the Krugel fleet was before because less then a year seems too short a time for the kind of drastic changes we are seeing. Especially the killing of old, sick etc bit. Leads me to believe that the fleet even originally was very far from Gargantia were a lot of people had voices and the will to exert their voices and that's why they were easier to "turn", so to speak.
15625 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 6/23/13

Insomnist wrote:

Exciting episode, to be fair. Pinion's hair was a "shit's about to get real" moment.


18843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Offline
Posted 6/23/13
Surely Ledo can tell Striker to stand down? Hes the highest ranking soldier around >.<?

13218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 6/23/13
Props to those of you who said he was dead, you were spot on it seems. This was a good episode, a really good episode, one of the best since episode 1. It kind of revived my liking of this show, so if the ending is as good as this I'll be a happy camper.

I am really interested to know how all that happened with Striker, so hopefully they give a good explanation for it. I'm guessing it was Kugel's last orders or because it's a better model than Chamber it can act on it's own better. I was thinking maybe Kugel established himself (and Striker) as a god before he died, and Striker carried out the mission, but seeing how much his body decayed leads me to believe he has been dead since he arrived on Earth. I also wonder if Kugel actually knew about the Hideauze and whatnot. Now that we know it was Striker all along (thats what it looks like), it's possible Kugel himself never knew, and possibly would have changed like Ledo if he did. That's just speculation, and we'll probably never know how much Kugel but that's what I'm wondering now.
18843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Offline
Posted 6/23/13 , edited 6/23/13

AlphaZenthon wrote:

Props to those of you who said he was dead, you were spot on it seems. This was a good episode, a really good episode, one of the best since episode 1. It kind of revived my liking of this show, so if the ending is as good as this I'll be a happy camper.

I am really interested to know how all that happened with Striker, so hopefully they give a good explanation for it. I'm guessing it was Kugel's last orders or because it's a better model than Chamber it can act on it's own better. I was thinking maybe Kugel established himself (and Striker) as a god before he died, and Striker carried out the mission, but seeing how much his body decayed leads me to believe he has been dead since he arrived on Earth. I also wonder if Kugel actually knew about the Hideauze and whatnot. Now that we know it was Striker all along (thats what it looks like), it's possible Kugel himself never knew, and possibly would have changed like Ledo if he did. That's just speculation, and we'll probably never know how much Kugel but that's what I'm wondering now.


Honestly if I was Ledo in that situation and met someone like Amy I would of just forgot about everything and spent days on Gargantia, He spent long enough there with them and was beginning to enjoy himself.. He is no were close to the GA so its pointless in continuing a life which has no meaning anymore. He should of been able to move on easily, He seems to of learned that he doesn't need to think about the GA anymore if is going to save everyone and live peacefully.
25575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 6/23/13 , edited 6/23/13

Rito2Ru wrote:

Episode 12:

I think we all saw that coming...or at least those of us who made the prediction about the commander and Striker

Also, I REALLY WANT MORE Amy x Ledo moments and with only one episode left, it better be good





BTW Pinion's name is right on as a mechanic.A pinion is a round gear used in several applications
46173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 6/23/13 , edited 6/23/13

tinnic wrote:


But we actually don't know how long Striker and Kugel have been on earth. Because of the whole spun out of the time vortex thing in episode 1, for all we know Striker could've have been there for years before Ledo and was just biding its time while amassing and maintaining control over these people.



FLjerry2011 wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:

Episode 12:

I think we all saw that coming...or at least those of us who made the prediction about the commander and Striker

Also, I REALLY WANT MORE Amy x Ledo moments and with only one episode left, it better be good





BTW Pinion's name is right on as a mechanic.A pinion is a round gear used in several applications


^ the more you know and I didn't know that little tidbit at the end there

and the mystery of the

^ lol I'm not sure if I'm joking about that or not

76066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 6/23/13

Rito2Ru wrote:


FLjerry2011 wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:

Episode 12:

I think we all saw that coming...or at least those of us who made the prediction about the commander and Striker

Also, I REALLY WANT MORE Amy x Ledo moments and with only one episode left, it better be good





BTW Pinion's name is right on as a mechanic.A pinion is a round gear used in several applications


^ the more you know and I didn't know that little tidbit at the end there

and the mystery of the

^ lol I'm not sure if I'm joking about that or not



I'MA FIRING MY LAZOR!!!
First  Prev  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.