First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply The Valley
A Hero
31880 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / The Shire
Offline
Posted 4/22/13
Herja and her Einherjar's

*Herja had arrived at the training grounds with her two Einherjar after making a stop by the Academy so she could pick up the weights she had gotten earlier. She turned to Eliot and grabbed each arm in turn to secure a wrist weight to before she secured some to his ankles as well.* You are not here to run a kindergarten do you understand? *She then stood in front of Eliot and Etranger.* When i call out you are to punch or kick where the pads *she motioned to Eliot before turning to Etranger* And you are to practice your foot work with swinging a single sword down. Ready?
Student
11193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 4/22/13

kawaiinoodle wrote:

Herja and her Einherjar's

*Herja had arrived at the training grounds with her two Einherjar after making a stop by the Academy so she could pick up the weights she had gotten earlier. She turned to Eliot and grabbed each arm in turn to secure a wrist weight to before she secured some to his ankles as well.* You are not here to run a kindergarten do you understand? *She then stood in front of Eliot and Etranger.* When i call out you are to punch or kick where the pads *she motioned to Eliot before turning to Etranger* And you are to practice your foot work with swinging a single sword down. Ready?


-Eliot kept his limbs relaxed, allowing the Valkyrie to secure the weights around them, and then, he swayed them a bit, to test them. Eliot had worked with weights in the past, and was worried that in his new body, weights would be too light to help him. Yet, these weights seemed special, because they provided more than enough resistance, something that was a relief to Eliot. Thankfully, he had already warmed up from the lesson from before. He listened carefully at the woman's words, then bowed his head, to show he had understood. Then, he slid his left foot a bit forth and bent his knees a bit, lowering his body. He kept his spine straight and vertical to the ground, and he raised both hands, the elbows a bit bent, both palms facing forwards, to assume his usual fighting stance. He was ready.-
A Hero
31880 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / The Shire
Offline
Posted 4/22/13

MomNature wrote:

-Eliot kept his limbs relaxed, allowing the Valkyrie to secure the weights around them, and then, he swayed them a bit, to test them. Eliot had worked with weights in the past, and was worried that in his new body, weights would be too light to help him. Yet, these weights seemed special, because they provided more than enough resistance, something that was a relief to Eliot. Thankfully, he had already warmed up from the lesson from before. He listened carefully at the woman's words, then bowed his head, to show he had understood. Then, he slid his left foot a bit forth and bent his knees a bit, lowering his body. He kept his spine straight and vertical to the ground, and he raised both hands, the elbows a bit bent, both palms facing forwards, to assume his usual fighting stance. He was ready.-


*Herja tied her hair back before securing some training pads to herself. She then looked at her two Einherjar and smirked as she closed her eyes. She knew she wouldn't really need it but she decided to step things up by using her physical magic to increase her strength and provide further resistance to Eliot training.* Time to begin. *She raised her right arm while moving her left leg back and called out a simply command for her two Einherjar's to follow before she turned her attention to Eliot. she wanted to feel for herself his progression.*
Student
11193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 4/22/13

kawaiinoodle wrote:

*Herja tied her hair back before securing some training pads to herself. She then looked at her two Einherjar and smirked as she closed her eyes. She knew she wouldn't really need it but she decided to step things up by using her physical magic to increase her strength and provide further resistance to Eliot training.* Time to begin. *She raised her right arm while moving her left leg back and called out a simply command for her two Einherjar's to follow before she turned her attention to Eliot. she wanted to feel for herself his progression.*


-Eliot closed his eyes for a very brief moment, and when he opened them, the blue eyes were burning with focus and intensity, despite his calm expression. He took in a deep breath, then released it sharply.-

Haa-AAP!!

-With a strong, Reflexive Exhalation and taking a powerful Power Step forwards, causing the distance between himself and his target to diminish, Eliot fired a sharp punch aiming at the pad held at Herja's right hand. The punch was fired with the front, left hand, and despite that he had only outstretched the previously bent arm, the punch was very sharp, despite lacking a wide motion and momentum, as Eliot had stopped his step abruptly, and transferred power from his feet, legs, spine and rotation of the waist at that punch. At the same time, his right hand, that was kept at the waist's height and closer to the body than the left one that had fired the punch, was ready to defend against a possible attack.-

A Hero
31880 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / The Shire
Offline
Posted 4/22/13

MomNature wrote:

-Eliot closed his eyes for a very brief moment, and when he opened them, the blue eyes were burning with focus and intensity, despite his calm expression. He took in a deep breath, then released it sharply.-

Haa-AAP!!

-With a strong, Reflexive Exhalation and taking a powerful Power Step forwards, causing the distance between himself and his target to diminish, Eliot fired a sharp punch aiming at the pad held at Herja's right hand. The punch was fired with the front, left hand, and despite that he had only outstretched the previously bent arm, the punch was very sharp, despite lacking a wide motion and momentum, as Eliot had stopped his step abruptly, and transferred power from his feet, legs, spine and rotation of the waist at that punch. At the same time, his right hand, that was kept at the waist's height and closer to the body than the left one that had fired the punch, was ready to defend against a possible attack.-



*Herja was impressed she could feel the power behind the punch and she observed how his hand was at the ready, however, she wondered how he would react if she brought a kick to the left hand side. She repositioned herself and brought a swift round kick to his left side observing closely. She knew he was a master in martial arts but she was still learning just how skilled he was.*
Student
11193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 4/22/13

kawaiinoodle wrote:

*Herja was impressed she could feel the power behind the punch and she observed how his hand was at the ready, however, she wondered how he would react if she brought a kick to the left hand side. She repositioned herself and brought a swift round kick to his left side observing closely. She knew he was a master in martial arts but she was still learning just how skilled he was.*


-Eliot knew well how to respond to this attack. He would retract the left arm and bend it as much as it could bend, then raise it so that the elbow tip would be facing diagonally up at the sky, effectively shielding his side with his entire bent arm's length, forming a custom "triangular shield' of some sort. At the same time, as his martial art's principle was to step forth when getting attacked, instead of retreating, he would take another powerful step forwards just before receiving the kick, and fire another sharp punch at the Valkyrie's stomach this time, who would be quite unstable because she would be standing at her one leg only, as the other leg would be kicking. For this kind of move, his technique "Parry and Strike" would be used, to ensure simultaneous attack and defense.

Yet, things didn't go this way, because of the big difference in speed and power that had been created, by the weights on Eliot, and the Physical Magic usage on the Valkyrie's part. Eliot managed to lift his left arm to guard, and prepared to take a step forth, making what he would have done obvious to the Valkyrie, but despite his strength and his stable stance, the force behind the kick was too much, and his advance was forced to a stop, as the blow caused him to take many steps to the side. Once he stopped and turned to face the Valkyrie again, he felt his left forearm, where the kick had been received, throbbing a bit, as he hadn't been using his Physical Magic yet. Nevertheless, his calm expression was unchanged, showing he hadn't been mentally affected to the slightest, and assumed his battle stance again, inviting the Valkyrie to attack, or waiting her signal to attack a pad.-
A Hero
31880 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / The Shire
Offline
Posted 4/22/13

MomNature wrote:

-Eliot knew well how to respond to this attack. He would retract the left arm and bend it as much as it could bend, then raise it so that the elbow tip would be facing diagonally up at the sky, effectively shielding his side with his entire bent arm's length, forming a custom "triangular shield' of some sort. At the same time, as his martial art's principle was to step forth when getting attacked, instead of retreating, he would take another powerful step forwards just before receiving the kick, and fire another sharp punch at the Valkyrie's stomach this time, who would be quite unstable because she would be standing at her one leg only, as the other leg would be kicking. For this kind of move, his technique "Parry and Strike" would be used, to ensure simultaneous attack and defense.

Yet, things didn't go this way, because of the big difference in speed and power that had been created, by the weights on Eliot, and the Physical Magic usage on the Valkyrie's part. Eliot managed to lift his left arm to guard, and prepared to take a step forth, making what he would have done obvious to the Valkyrie, but despite his strength and his stable stance, the force behind the kick was too much, and his advance was forced to a stop, as the blow caused him to take many steps to the side. Once he stopped and turned to face the Valkyrie again, he felt his left forearm, where the kick had been received, throbbing a bit, as he hadn't been using his Physical Magic yet. Nevertheless, his calm expression was unchanged, showing he hadn't been mentally affected to the slightest, and assumed his battle stance again, inviting the Valkyrie to attack, or waiting her signal to attack a pad.-


I see.. So if I had been at my normal strength you would of blocked that with ease. *She then lifted her other hand and called out for him to punch. Knowing that he had a few weaknesses now she knew she would have to go away and work out how to correct that since he could not afford to have any weaknesses. They continued in this manner for a good few hours as she also quietly observed Etranger. Taking the pads off she commanded they all took a break.* Eliot *she felt strange using his name* how quickly can you doge?
Student
11193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 4/22/13

kawaiinoodle wrote:

I see.. So if I had been at my normal strength you would of blocked that with ease. *She then lifted her other hand and called out for him to punch. Knowing that he had a few weaknesses now she knew she would have to go away and work out how to correct that since he could not afford to have any weaknesses. They continued in this manner for a good few hours as she also quietly observed Etranger. Taking the pads off she commanded they all took a break.* Eliot *she felt strange using his name* how quickly can you doge?


-Eliot was breathing heavily, and the fair complexion of his face had blushed because of the intense exercise. Drops of sweat were flowing down his cheeks, and dripping to the ground from his nose and chin. He was still wearing the weights, and his shoulders, hips and rest of the muscles were aching and twitching from time to time, from the fatigue, yet he was content with his performance. He had managed to keep up, despite being overpowered. Of course, he could tell that Herja was also careful, despite being strict, so as not to injure him seriously. Hearing her question, he turned to look at her.-

This lowly self is not sure he understands the question, but his martial art is heavily relying on blocks and dodges. Thus, this lowly self's reaction time and reflexes are trained to a good degree.

-He had spoken calmly and with modesty, wondering what she had in mind.-
A Hero
31880 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / The Shire
Offline
Posted 4/22/13

MomNature wrote:

-Eliot was breathing heavily, and the fair complexion of his face had blushed because of the intense exercise. Drops of sweat were flowing down his cheeks, and dripping to the ground from his nose and chin. He was still wearing the weights, and his shoulders, hips and rest of the muscles were aching and twitching from time to time, from the fatigue, yet he was content with his performance. He had managed to keep up, despite being overpowered. Of course, he could tell that Herja was also careful, despite being strict, so as not to injure him seriously. Hearing her question, he turned to look at her.-

This lowly self is not sure he understands the question, but his martial art is heavily relying on blocks and dodges. Thus, this lowly self's reaction time and reflexes are trained to a good degree.

-He had spoken calmly and with modesty, wondering what she had in mind.-


*Herja went over to him and took off the weights from his ankles and wrists massaging them gently as she stopped using her physical magic.* Could you doge a bullet? *She brought some water out of her pack and handed both Etranger and Eliot a bottle before taking off her padding and grabbing a bottle for herself.* I hate to say this because you are extremely skilled but you'll be up against people who can use weaponary and make weaponary appear from no where like this.. *slowly she formed a gun with the shape of her fingers and hand as magic orbs appeared around it she shot a few bullets into a few rocks shattering them.*
Student
11193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 4/22/13

kawaiinoodle wrote:

*Herja went over to him and took off the weights from his ankles and wrists massaging them gently as she stopped using her physical magic.* Could you doge a bullet? *She brought some water out of her pack and handed both Etranger and Eliot a bottle before taking off her padding and grabbing a bottle for herself.* I hate to say this because you are extremely skilled but you'll be up against people who can use weaponary and make weaponary appear from no where like this.. *slowly she formed a gun with the shape of her fingers and hand as magic orbs appeared around it she shot a few bullets into a few rocks shattering them.*


-Eliot felt a wave of relief once the weights were off, seizing the strain on his shoulders, and even more at the Valkyrie's brief but soothing touch. Then, he listened to her question and took the bottle she gave him with a bow of his head, and proceeded to open and drink some of it, then spill some on his head to cool himself down. Before he would reply, he observed her display, realizing for the first time because she hadn't shown him before, that his Commander's second magik was Bullet Magik. He watched as the rocks were effortlessly shattered, and finally spoke calmly.-

It would depend on the distance, but this lowly self had dodged human made bullets before. There is a certain technique or method behind it. -He said, remembering his Master's teachings. Eliot never once felt others who used weapons and guns had an advantage over him, for his weapon was his entire body, a weapon much more complex and rich than other weapons.-
A Hero
31880 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / The Shire
Offline
Posted 4/22/13

MomNature wrote:

-Eliot felt a wave of relief once the weights were off, seizing the strain on his shoulders, and even more at the Valkyrie's brief but soothing touch. Then, he listened to her question and took the bottle she gave him with a bow of his head, and proceeded to open and drink some of it, then spill some on his head to cool himself down. Before he would reply, he observed her display, realizing for the first time because she hadn't shown him before, that his Commander's second magik was Bullet Magik. He watched as the rocks were effortlessly shattered, and finally spoke calmly.-

It would depend on the distance, but this lowly self had dodged human made bullets before. There is a certain technique or method behind it. -He said, remembering his Master's teachings. Eliot never once felt others who used weapons and guns had an advantage over him, for his weapon was his entire body, a weapon much more complex and rich than other weapons.-


Now I'm not talking point blank range but we need to get you dodging projectile weaponary attacks. Tell me Einherjar what magiks can you use? *She simply waved her hand to end the use of magik with a deathly calm. She liked her bullet magik it has come in useful a few times when it had helped preserve her life although she much preferred to use her spear.*
Student
11193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 4/22/13

kawaiinoodle wrote:

Now I'm not talking point blank range but we need to get you dodging projectile weaponary attacks. Tell me Einherjar what magiks can you use? *She simply waved her hand to end the use of magik with a deathly calm. She liked her bullet magik it has come in useful a few times when it had helped preserve her life although she much preferred to use her spear.*


-Eliot listened to her carefully, then thought for a moment, before replying in an even tone.-

This lowly self can use the same magic as you used before, to improve his physical condition. He try not to use it though, and depend on his own power, because this lowly self knows that the more he works on his foundation, the more effective this magic will be when needed. Other than that... -Eliot then paused, sounding a bit unsure- This lowly self feels that...there's something else that he can do...sometimes, it's as if something inside me is shifting...but I haven't managed to approach it and understand what it is.

-And it was the truth, as Illusion magic needed someone to practice with and on, and couldn't be worked by oneself like the rest of Eliot's training.-
A Hero
31880 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / The Shire
Offline
Posted 4/22/13

MomNature wrote:

-Eliot listened to her carefully, then thought for a moment, before replying in an even tone.-

This lowly self can use the same magic as you used before, to improve his physical condition. He try not to use it though, and depend on his own power, because this lowly self knows that the more he works on his foundation, the more effective this magic will be when needed. Other than that... -Eliot then paused, sounding a bit unsure- This lowly self feels that...there's something else that he can do...sometimes, it's as if something inside me is shifting...but I haven't managed to approach it and understand what it is.

-And it was the truth, as Illusion magic needed someone to practice with and on, and couldn't be worked by oneself like the rest of Eliot's training.-


I see.. Well once we have your physical skill up we will look into untapping your hidden skill. You must tell me more about how you feel and what happens when you feel that way. *She walked over to Etranger and took one of his swords off him and admired it's beauty and craftsmanship before handing it back.* So Eliot what would you rather? Would you rather practice dodging my bullet magik or continuing on your form?
Student
11193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 4/22/13

kawaiinoodle wrote:


I see.. Well once we have your physical skill up we will look into untapping your hidden skill. You must tell me more about how you feel and what happens when you feel that way. *She walked over to Etranger and took one of his swords off him and admired it's beauty and craftsmanship before handing it back.* So Eliot what would you rather? Would you rather practice dodging my bullet magik or continuing on your form?


-Eliot followed her movements with his eyes as she inspected the sword, then thought for a moment, before he replied to her question.-

Some of this lowly self's power might be used up because of our previous training...but training like that has sharpened his battle senses. I want to try the dodging training. -he said calmly but surely, and his eyes glowed for a brief moment, as he used his Physical Magic to improve his reflexes and sharpen them even more, but not his speed. As he did that, the grass under him swayed once, outwards, as if a ripple on a lake had happened.-
A Hero
31880 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / The Shire
Offline
Posted 4/22/13

MomNature wrote:

-Eliot followed her movements with his eyes as she inspected the sword, then thought for a moment, before he replied to her question.-

Some of this lowly self's power might be used up because of our previous training...but training like that has sharpened his battle senses. I want to try the dodging training. -he said calmly but surely, and his eyes glowed for a brief moment, as he used his Physical Magic to improve his reflexes and sharpen them even more, but not his speed. As he did that, the grass under him swayed once, outwards, as if a ripple on a lake had happened.-


*Herja simply nodded and turned to Eliot as she noticed the grass had swayed outwards.* As you wish. *Forming a gun with her hand again the orbs appeared around it, she closed her eyes and when she opened them there was an intense focus in them, one that Eliot had not seen before.* We will begin with me being static. *Just as she had finished speaking she fired off a bullet that was aimed for Eliot's head to her it was live or die, there was no other option.*
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.