First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
YUYUSHIKI Discussion
53207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/17/13

tcfenstermaker wrote:

I watched this week's episode right after Flowers of Evil. Talk about mental whiplash. On the other hand, it's just what I needed to erase the creepiness.


imiami wrote:

Argh!! I love it so much, but I definitely feel excluded from the club: like My Ordinary Life so much of the humour is word-play, and I hate the feeling that these jokes are sailing waaaay above my head. Especially because a lot of it is really fast: too fast for my brain to think about what it's heard and read the subs simultaneously :'(.

Yeah, it's clearly filled with wordplay and puns, some of which they try to translate into English equivalents ("volcanos are magna-nimous"), but others I guess they just can't. And then there must be some Japanese culture/pop-culture references that I'm also missing. But it's OK, even the parts I know are sailing past me are still ridiculously cute and light-hearted. I'll just have to take what I can get.


I finally got around to finishing episode 2 of Flower of Evil... after watching two episodes of Red Data Girl which is turning out to be another creepy one... now I am about to watch Uta no Prince Sama, that should make for something interesting. Then may watch some Strike Witches...

But anyways, I am watching Yuyushiki on Crunchyroll with the subs OFF as I usually do (whenever possible, some shows are hard subbed) so I'm just following along in Japanese and haven't compared to the English subs to see what they're doing. Perhaps I'll rewatch it with the subs on, perhaps that will be even more fun! But in Japanese, it is so funny and cute, I am surprised to be really loving this show. Like Muromi-san it is a real surprise, I assumed I would watch an episode or two and it would fade away but I can't wait for next episode!
10374 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 4/18/13

hpulley wrote:

I finally got around to finishing episode 2 of Flower of Evil... after watching two episodes of Red Data Girl which is turning out to be another creepy one... now I am about to watch Uta no Prince Sama, that should make for something interesting. Then may watch some Strike Witches...


Uta no Prince Sama *shudders*?? Hpulley your anime consumption is like some sort of crazy pie-eating contest: self-torture!!


But anyways, I am watching Yuyushiki on Crunchyroll with the subs OFF as I usually do (whenever possible, some shows are hard subbed)

Didn't even know that was possible! Interesting. Yeah I think some of the subs would amuse you: the 'magma-namous' has already been mentioned!


But in Japanese, it is so funny and cute, I am surprised to be really loving this show. Like Muromi-san it is a real surprise, I assumed I would watch an episode or two and it would fade away but I can't wait for next episode!

Fortunately their adorability really transmits, even when you don't understand every joke. There's something so refreshing about them: it's like a genuine innocence (despite their apparent pervy-ness): neko obsession - yes sir!
53207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/18/13 , edited 4/18/13

imiami wrote:


hpulley wrote:

I finally got around to finishing episode 2 of Flower of Evil... after watching two episodes of Red Data Girl which is turning out to be another creepy one... now I am about to watch Uta no Prince Sama, that should make for something interesting. Then may watch some Strike Witches...


Uta no Prince Sama *shudders*?? Hpulley your anime consumption is like some sort of crazy pie-eating contest: self-torture!!


But anyways, I am watching Yuyushiki on Crunchyroll with the subs OFF as I usually do (whenever possible, some shows are hard subbed)

Didn't even know that was possible! Interesting. Yeah I think some of the subs would amuse you: the 'magma-namous' has already been mentioned!


But in Japanese, it is so funny and cute, I am surprised to be really loving this show. Like Muromi-san it is a real surprise, I assumed I would watch an episode or two and it would fade away but I can't wait for next episode!

Fortunately their adorability really transmits, even when you don't understand every joke. There's something so refreshing about them: it's like a genuine innocence (despite their apparent pervy-ness): neko obsession - yes sir!


I didn't actually finish last night's Uta no Prince Sama episode... may try again though like I had to with Flower of Evil. I did enjoy some Strike Witches afterward though!

Yes, it is possible to understand Japanese. Sometimes I think people must think it's a big joke, that the real script is the subs when in fact it is the Japanese! And it can actually be understood after enough years of practice...

And yes, other than the desire to squeeze boobs and stuff they really are innocent... hmm.
10374 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 4/18/13

hpulley wrote:
I didn't actually finish last night's Uta no Prince Sama episode... may try again though like I had to with Flower of Evil. I did enjoy some Strike Witches afterward though!


I was swayed by the drooling reviews to go watch the 1st series, which I promptly finished in one sitting (because I hate not knowing how a story finishes), then I sat with my head in my hands going "whhhhhyyyy??"


Yes, it is possible to understand Japanese. Sometimes I think people must think it's a big joke, that the real script is the subs when in fact it is the Japanese! And it can actually be understood after enough years of practice...


Ooo meeow, someone's got their claws out! I meant I didn't know you could turn off the subs!! >_< I'm watching via apps, and I've never noticed such a function.


And yes, other than the desire to squeeze boobs and stuff they really are innocent... hmm.

Their innocence stems from the way they seem to float through life with the belief that nothing and no-one harbours ill-intent: a refreshing naïveté.
53207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/18/13 , edited 4/18/13
Flash only to turn off subs I think and not all shows allow it.

The data processing club hasn't discovered the dark side of the net yet... Just kidding, it is very cute how innocent they are.
15276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bay Area CA
Offline
Posted 4/18/13
I'm liking this show a lot more than Lucky Star, not really sure why. I'm only on 2 episodes for both but my opinion of Yuyushiki is much higher so far.

Laughed like an idiot throughout episode 2, I hope it continues to be this funny.
29097 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Watching CR
Offline
Posted 4/18/13
I actually enjoy it. I watched an episode of Lucky Star and I prefer Yuyushiki.
12450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 4/19/13
Nanchatte tsuchatta!

Someone make a friggin infinite replay video lmao

Damn little song is stuck in my head.

Im liking this show a lot more than lucky star
10374 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 4/19/13

hpulley wrote:

The data processing club hasn't discovered the dark side of the net yet... Just kidding, it is very cute how innocent they are.


I did wonder when they were talking about boobs whether that would be what they Googled that day...and what results they would get!! How they went from there to looking up dogs only the mind of a teenager could probably comprehend!
21218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/19/13
Two voice actresses from Yuru Yuri, Slice of life comedy? Count me in.
24572 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / UK
Online
Posted 4/19/13

hpulley wrote:

Flash only to turn off subs I think and not all shows allow it.

The data processing club hasn't discovered the dark side of the net yet... Just kidding, it is very cute how innocent they are.


Weren't they doing an S&M quiz in episode 1?

53207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/19/13

icecreamsnow wrote:


hpulley wrote:

Flash only to turn off subs I think and not all shows allow it.

The data processing club hasn't discovered the dark side of the net yet... Just kidding, it is very cute how innocent they are.


Weren't they doing an S&M quiz in episode 1?


True, true... but in a wide doey-eyed sort of way LOL
12450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 4/20/13
finally got it figured after putting a japanese ime on my phone.

なんっつてっつちゃった!♪
53207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/20/13

m4xwellmurd3r wrote:
Nanchatte tsuchatta!



m4xwellmurd3r wrote:

finally got it figured after putting a japanese ime on my phone.

なんっつてっつちゃった!♪


Close! Nanchatte is なんちゃって
12450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 4/20/13 , edited 4/20/13
except they don't say nanchatte..
it says nantsutte tsuchatta lol

なんつってつっちゃった!

it actually took a little bit of thinking to get it spelled right. mainly...this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKE0oe0NSMU
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.