Evangelion 3.33 & Macross Frontier
3190 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 4/11/13 , edited 4/12/13
Hi been looking through the forums and cant seem to find anything on these subjects so thought id ask you Guys and Gals. Does any1 know when the next Evangelion Movie will be out? I heard it aired at Japanese cinemas last November so 6 months should be the right time to release the DVD.

Also Macross Frontier are there any plans to DUBB it? I heard that the creators got really pissed off with due to the bad anime The Shadow Chronicles thats why no dubb. Then again that was Robotech not Macross.
16073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Lake Elsinore, CA
Offline
Posted 4/11/13
Might be a while before the next 3.0 comes out over here, Funimation still has to dub it probably, and I think it's just abut coming on Blu-Ray and DVD in Japan. A good eva fan site you could check with would be Revolution of Eva, or EvaGeeks. Peace...
4481 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / ICQ: 114629959
Offline
Posted 4/11/13 , edited 4/11/13
The BD of Eva 3.33 should be available in Japan on 24th April.
I would expect at least 3 month offset for any dubbed version.

Macross FB7 should be out the same day.
7669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Look up.
Offline
Posted 4/11/13
Don't expect Macross Frontier to ever be dubbed. It would take more money than anyone's willing to give just to license the ton of music featured in it on American soil so just watch a sub. Also it brings up an annoying decision on what to do with all those songs, translate and remake them? Or just leave them Japanese in a world where everyone speaks english? Its just a mess for localization so it will probably never get translated.
3525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 4/12/13
I know how to resolve this...

Evangelion is over-rated soporific crap that has as much socio-philosophical depth as Kim Kardashian has intellect.

That's right, I said it. What now?!
Posted 4/12/13

spacebat wrote:

I know how to resolve this...

Evangelion is over-rated soporific crap that has as much socio-philosophical depth as Kim Kardashian has intellect.

That's right, I said it. What now?!


insert fanboy/girl rage here.

I actually liked Evangelion, but your post made me laugh.

Moderator XIV
67172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / somewhere that is...
Offline
Posted 4/12/13
Ok so.... here we go!

First off anything that has ever been or could ever be considered a racial epithet or slur should not be used on the CR forums and is against the rules. That is pretty straight forward and I don't feel like I really need to detail why I am saying that...

Second sharing of or encouraging the use of links to scanlation or fansub sites is 100% and then some against the rules of CR too. So please don't discuss what can or can not be found as a fansub, much less where you can find it.

Lastly.... this is an anime discussion so I moved it to the correct forum. The Anime one specifically

So all that said hope you guys are having fun with the site and using our CR forums. It shouldn't be too much longer before we see an official release of the new Evangelion at least... Macross... maybe not so soon.
2836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 4/12/13

Radium_Russo wrote:
...

Also Macross Frontier are there any plans to DUBB it? I heard that the creators got really pissed off with due to the bad anime The Shadow Chronicles thats why no dubb. Then again that was Robotech not Macross.


DUBB? DUBB MACROSS?!!!!!

And you mention the ABOMINATION that is RoBLOWtech?

Macross is my all-time favorite anime

1) Even mentioning RoBLOWtech in the same breath as MACROSS?!!!! That is NOT acceptable!

2) DUBB?! Macross? Please as someone further downthread talked about maybe dubbing the singing..all i can say is listen to the CRAP singing in RoBLOWtech!!!!!!!

Even suggesting that Macross Frontier with (and I hate to say) SUPERIOR music to the original (but DYRL, Ai Oboete Imusa Ka song is best) to be dubbed, is just plain sick!

Please, do not suggest defiling a great anime by DUBBING it!





3190 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 4/13/13

eightcar wrote:


Radium_Russo wrote:
...

Also Macross Frontier are there any plans to DUBB it? I heard that the creators got really pissed off with due to the bad anime The Shadow Chronicles thats why no dubb. Then again that was Robotech not Macross.


DUBB? DUBB MACROSS?!!!!!

And you mention the ABOMINATION that is RoBLOWtech?

Macross is my all-time favorite anime

1) Even mentioning RoBLOWtech in the same breath as MACROSS?!!!! That is NOT acceptable!

2) DUBB?! Macross? Please as someone further downthread talked about maybe dubbing the singing..all i can say is listen to the CRAP singing in RoBLOWtech!!!!!!!

Even suggesting that Macross Frontier with (and I hate to say) SUPERIOR music to the original (but DYRL, Ai Oboete Imusa Ka song is best) to be dubbed, is just plain sick!

Please, do not suggest defiling a great anime by DUBBING it!








No you got me wrong I rather liked Robotech however The shadow Chronicles Movie I found to be rather PANTS! As for dubbing , the original macross plus OVA was successfully Dubbed with all music tracks by Yoko Kanno left the same as the Japanese version. So yea I don’t see why they shdnt Dub Macross Frontier. I just find some anime more enjoyable and easier to follow in English rather than Japanese subtitled. Gives me a chance to appreciate the animation more without having to constantly focus on the subs.

49917 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 4/13/13


As for Macross Frontier, like FryingGuy has said, don't expect it to be dubbed
One Punch Mod
49274 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 10/22/13
Forum cleanup. Clearing out threads that have been inactive for more than 6 months.

locked and closed
You must be logged in to post.