First  Prev  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  Next  Last
Post Reply Valvrave the Liberator Discussions (Seasons 1 and 2)
27238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 6/28/13

Insomnist wrote:

Episode 12:


I know, this anime really feels like it should've been a 50 episode anime because there was so much to cover but so little time. I blame Shoko and those SOL episodes. That singing episode could've been used to flesh out the dorssian but nooooooo

mipegg 
20400 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 6/28/13 , edited 6/28/13
Ep 12



All in all not how I wanted it to go, the way the saki x haruto thing was handled was pretty lame but we do now know that she doesnt blame him at all for the rape, as was hinted before but she directly says it now. Just feels like they needed less nonsense 'filler' episodes at the start and more time to actually explain anything. I guess they wont explain anything about saki since thats what the mangas for but still...

So based on the first season, I would give this a 6.5/10 (this is using a realistic scale, 5 is average, 1 is schooldays 10 is like outragously good). Its got great animation and sound assets, the design is really nice but its currently suffering from 'eva rebuild 3' syndrome in that they've tried to do too much without enough time to explain any of it so you just have to wait for the next bit and hope. The story takes a few unexpected turns but these are generally more for shock factor (rape) or just for the sake of it (singing school) and are rarely built upon or even really mentioned in later episodes. The characters are... well annoying mostly, but they are intended to be highschool kids. Im just hoping that these recent events is enough to slap them out of being annoying highschool kids and turn into less.... retards.

All in all, definitely worth your time if you enjoy mecha but if you're looking from an outside perspective as someone who likes a complete story etc then wait until the second season is done and re-evaluate.

I will be watching come october though
16033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 6/28/13
47907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 6/28/13


I can't believe I'm waiting for CR to air this first and then watch it when it's online right now "elsewhere" lol
mipegg 
20400 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 6/28/13
Yea, it really is a little sily that shows are up in various places with decent quality subtitles a full day or more before CR gets them up. Its not their fault, but a problem with the anime industry. I generally wait for CR to get it all up but I just wanted to see how this went last night
16459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/28/13 , edited 6/28/13
I'll have to calm down.
47907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 6/28/13

mipegg wrote:

Yea, it really is a little sily that shows are up in various places with decent quality subtitles a full day or more before CR gets them up. Its not their fault, but a problem with the anime industry. I generally wait for CR to get it all up but I just wanted to see how this went last night


I just went ahead and watched the intro before the OP
Just couldn't resist, I only watched the intro though


mipegg 
20400 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 6/28/13

Rito2Ru wrote:


mipegg wrote:

Yea, it really is a little sily that shows are up in various places with decent quality subtitles a full day or more before CR gets them up. Its not their fault, but a problem with the anime industry. I generally wait for CR to get it all up but I just wanted to see how this went last night


I just went ahead and watched the intro before the OP
Just couldn't resist, I only watched the intro though





47907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 6/28/13

mipegg wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:


mipegg wrote:

Yea, it really is a little sily that shows are up in various places with decent quality subtitles a full day or more before CR gets them up. Its not their fault, but a problem with the anime industry. I generally wait for CR to get it all up but I just wanted to see how this went last night


I just went ahead and watched the intro before the OP
Just couldn't resist, I only watched the intro though







mipegg 
20400 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 6/28/13

Rito2Ru wrote:


mipegg wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:


mipegg wrote:

Yea, it really is a little sily that shows are up in various places with decent quality subtitles a full day or more before CR gets them up. Its not their fault, but a problem with the anime industry. I generally wait for CR to get it all up but I just wanted to see how this went last night


I just went ahead and watched the intro before the OP
Just couldn't resist, I only watched the intro though










47907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 6/28/13

mipegg wrote:



16459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/28/13 , edited 6/28/13
16459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/28/13

Rito2Ru wrote:


mipegg wrote:



.
142024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 6/28/13
Finale

I knew it!




Friendship~ and Supermarket!!!!!!!!!!
50529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 6/28/13
I thought the last episode of the season was amazing! Honestly, the last few episodes have really turned it up a few notches. Almost to the level of something I could buy... incredible music at least! OST separate or attached?? Might need to find out...
First  Prev  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.