First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Valvrave the Liberator Discussions (Seasons 1 and 2)
91004 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 4/27/13 , edited 4/27/13
looks more like a phage that was inserted in him and altered his cell line. Then again the blood test didn't show any difference.

so something that doesn't alter dna structure but is able to transfer brain patterns/waves

solution tis an anime... in all seriousness it would be a nano technology which can explain the whole concept of this anime

nano tech assist in rapid cellular proliferation, recruitment of fbr such as the coagulation cascade and angiogenesis

reassemble nanotech in a different host to implant neural oscillation and AND impede host's own neuronal function.

to address why he was a badass as l 11 muscle memory and l 11 has had physical training in which the need for the fight or flight response to kick in due to sympathetic nervous system.

edit: nano tech would be on the lines of molecules which self assemble, only thing so far (as in useful) are carbon nanofiber but this is the future in an anime so anything can happen right?

*going to college does help... yet none of the above had anything to do with general education lol at federal law for ge requirements for a "well" rounded student
runec 
17585 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/27/13

mi17 wrote:

Actually I would have been a lot more excited about the concept if it actually was something like nanotechnology, but it's not. Or at least what we've seen of it, it's not nanotech, we don't see any nanotech at all, to me it looks like geassed blood cells. It's very mystical right now and the only way I've been able to keep watching it is to not take seriously and basically laugh at how ridiculous it is.


I'm guessing nanotechnology just because of the scenes with him being injected and the futuristic plot setting. There's been no indication that magic exists in any form in this world. Nanotechnology would make some level of sense as it could conceivably sort of brain jack someone. However, seeing as this show doesn't like things to make sense it'll probably be something ridiculous like a supar special alien virus or something.

Remind me to check Valvrave for the Umbrella Corp logo next episode. >.>
19735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / San Francisco Bay...
Offline
Posted 4/28/13
Yep, that bit with L-Elf escaping and causing the ship to crash was ridiculous. On top of that, how the hell did he predict things so accurately? He got the exact time right down to the minute! Not to mention the story of him holding down a 5,000 man brigade alone is completely ridiculous.

TrueGoober wrote:

There aren't as many comparisons to Code Geass as I thought there would be. I had always thought Code Geass was a bit silly in the overly dramatic way things progressed, but here everyone's nitpicking this show to pieces (to be fair, it is giving us plenty to nitpick about). I'm enjoying it so far, and I'd like to marathon it again after it's finished just to see how it really holds up in comparison.


I do agree some people are being overly harsh on the series, but there are a few too many worrying signs. L-Elf's escape, the lack of any gray when it comes to sides so far, and the fact that Haruto is the only developed character so far are all worrying signs. That said, people complaining about stuff like Haruto not confessing to Shouko, or how he turns into a vampire are looking for problems too hard. Haruto was already pretty nervous about confessing to Shouko, it wouldn't take much to discourage him. With the vampire stuff, you just have to accept the premise of any sci-fi show. This is no exception.
53515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/28/13
The ability to transfer himself via a bite is the most worrying aspect for me. The lack of explanation makes it more magic than SF to me. The data transfer required for this is quite large and it would effectively means that he would have a copy of his mind in every drop of blood at all times which would be quite a feat, even for nanotech. Otherwise it requires some sort of 'soul' transfer which is mythical/magical again rather than scientific. So I don't think this part is a minor quibble. Imaginative writing perhaps but it requires a rather large leap of faith on the part of the viewer at this point.

L-Elf being Totally Over The Top Overly Powerful doesn't help but I guess he has to be in this show or he wouldn't be interesting at all. Now he wants to overthrow his own country...

Again, as long as it remains fun and entertaining I will watch it. The moment it loses entertainment value I will drop it as I don't really care at this point if he ever confesses to Shouko or if anyone wins any war because the characters are too shallow for me to care and the politics too complicated for me to wonder who will win and why.
91004 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 4/28/13 , edited 4/28/13
quote analogy

if you count, say 1 meter there is always an infinite amount of sets in the 1 meter so you can theoretically keep counting and an infinite amount of data can be compressed in a certain amount of space

also

the use of not binary but quantum computing would be adequate for this job

binary is 0 and 1 so yes no

quantum is 0 TO 1 and relating back to the counting analogy an infinite amount of sets so a lot of "stuff" can be processed and solves the nanotechnology theory, going on on this page.

I have absolutely no idea why I am defending this anime of which I despise. hmm....
67903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 4/28/13

runec wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:
I disagree. L-elf's predictions and actions may have been a little over the top by comparison. But personally I found Lelouch's "Oh I already pre-hypnotised someone to effect the reversal of fortune/coup de grace" to be even more annoying. Don't really understand why everyone liked him so much but hated suzaku. (Not that I like suzaku either but... really it was all so extreme)



Again, as I just mentioned, strength of writing. Lelouch was a fully fleshed out character that had both build up too and motivations for the moment he, in all honesty, basically kind of went mad. He was overly dramatic because he had created another persona that needed to be looked up too ( and later feared ). He needed to be a symbol and thus grandstanding was part of that persona. The reason it was engaging with Lelouch was getting to see just how far ahead his insane scheming went.

The reason its NOT with L-Elf is because he's a paper thin character with no build up or motivations and the actions attributed to him are neither shown nor have any shred of believably. Lelouch was intelligent and diabolic, its believable that he would be planning several moves ahead. Hence the use of chess as symbolism through out the show. Lelouch has a back story, motivations, character growth and a slow rise to power.

L-Elf kills 9 people because of a chair screw, blows up some odd 15 floors of a building and crashes a battleship in the span of 5 minutes because an extra told us we're suppose to be afraid of him as he once somehow suppressed *5000* soldiers by himself.

Rather huge difference and it by and large comes down the strength of the writers, not the concept. An interesting concept does shit if you don't know how to write good characters or scenes. -.-




I'll buy that. Sorry if I sounded contrary. My original point was that neither character is actually a 'genius' or 'badass' they are scripted.

I agree with you that Lelouch is a classic 'Byronic Hero' while L-elf.. donno what he is.

Kvetching aside. I'm enjoying this show for what it is, Thursday evening mental bubblegum.

59029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 4/28/13 , edited 4/28/13

Yeap thats how I am watching this one , with all the factor and I am not sure what the writers are thinking ...lo
l
runec 
17585 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/28/13
Yeah, I'll admit I'm kinda watching it at this point just to see how much more ridiculous it can get too >.>

59029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 5/2/13 , edited 5/2/13
Oh my ... its getting crazier than ever lol....

I just want to know whats going to be next
38110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Online
Posted 5/2/13
so far, there are plot elements taken from 3 or 4 different gundams, and now code geass... do they plan to incorporate every mecha anime ever into one series?
91004 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/3/13
lord of the flies..........
15780 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/3/13

AnimeKami wrote:

lord of the flies..........


that deus ex machina had me raging
12049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Anime world...
Offline
Posted 5/3/13

aidenraine wrote:

so far, there are plot elements taken from 3 or 4 different gundams, and now code geass... do they plan to incorporate every mecha anime ever into one series?


I have feeling that's what they are trying to do.

Personally, I think L-Elf is a bad ass because he is just so awesome. I know he is a little unbelievable but still, it's enjoyable to watch.
Right now, his motivations are not known. He is just the really, really powerful soldier from Dorssia.

I hope they will show more on him and what is going to happen.

I think Haruto is annoying though. I just cannot relate to his character.

I also have a few questions. I mean, who made the Valvrave?
And why did it randomly appear in episode 1?
And why Haruto could pilot it while ARUS soldiers were killed?

Oh, what is up with Haruto ability to transfer his soul into another body by biting it? WTF? And the super recovery?!

But no explanations. Alright then.

Also, the part where JIOR or the school declaring independence. Wow, what is up with that? A bunch of kids running a country? I mean, cool idea but seriously?

And Shouko is suddenly the JIOR's president daughter? So that's why she could come up with this brilliant plan.

I feel like the writer is just making up shit as he goes along.

But right now, I do enjoy this show because I just like seeing the mecha and fighting.

So yea. It's a good show to watch if you have your brain switched off.
8697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 5/3/13 , edited 5/3/13
Well if im not mistaken the writer is the same writer from code geass also the reason the solider was probably killed was because after some becomes the pilot only they are able to enter.Had that soldier entered first he probably wouldn't have died. and im sure the rest of the questions are going to be answered later on it would be lame as hell if everything was laid out right from the start.
91004 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/3/13

RolexKid wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

lord of the flies..........


that deus ex machina had me raging


Facepalmed 3 times and "the scream" once.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.