First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Discussion
63294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 4/11/13 , edited 4/11/13

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU


Synopsis:

*From MyAnimeList who got it from ANN*


Show Information:

Genres - Comedy, Romance, School Life

Status - Currently Airing

Episode Count - 12 (ANN)

Airing - April 5, 2013 to ?

Producers - Brains Base



First Impressions:


Alright, the first thing people probably notice about this anime is that "hey, isn't this basically Haganai with slightly altered characters?" The answer you'd get would depend on the person but to me, I say (based on what I've seen after finishing the first episode) that this develops off of the formula of "main character gets into school club due to reasons and gets involved with the group member(s)." And in my opinion, it works. I like the direction this show is going, it seems to take itself seriously while at the same time the dialogue exchange is pretty entertaining. Overall, I'm gonna keep watching. Also, say hi to Kon in his reality lol.


OP under construction
49579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Michigan
Offline
Posted 4/11/13 , edited 4/11/13
I liked their snipping back and forth, very funny... and the redhead girl, I'm sure she is attracted to "Hikki".

Also hikki is amusingly close to hikkikomori.
80262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 4/11/13
I like the dialog too, especially their contrasting view points. The disagreement about dreams and efforts was a nice touch of depth.

I haven't been won over yet, but I think there's some promise to this show. And the characters are pretty interesting.
229379 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 4/11/13 , edited 4/11/13
I saw it last week but first episode seems to be mediocre; reminded me of Haganai in a way.

Btw, this is a duplicate thread? Someone else made a discussion last week I think:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-798311/hamachi-discussion-thread-episode-1-out

My thoughts on pilot episode from last week:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-798311/hamachi-discussion-thread-episode-1-out#42786659
13604 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 4/11/13
I have a feeling that's why she calls him Hikki, as he does seem to keep to himself from everyone in the school.

I'm really liking the characters in this show.
Hachiman's personality is one of the best parts. I'm glad to see a main character that speaks his mind and isn't a wimp hah
Niklor 
30462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 4/11/13
I agree their back and forth was the highlight of the show, though assuredly it was most of the show. So far a simple show, yet incredibly effective.
13604 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 4/11/13
Hachiman really reminds me of Ryuuji from Toradora now that I think about it.

Only a lot less friendly than Ryuuji. And that's not a bad thing
63294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 4/11/13

stark700 wrote:

I saw it last week but first episode seems to be mediocre; reminded me of Haganai in a way.

Btw, this is a duplicate thread? Someone else made a discussion last week I think:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-798311/hamachi-discussion-thread-episode-1-out

My thoughts on pilot episode from last week:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-798311/hamachi-discussion-thread-episode-1-out#42786659


That's why didn't find it when I searched it lol
Hamachi? Didn't even know that that was another way to call the show

Well the mods can do whatever then and just sticky one to the other
15276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Bay Area CA
Offline
Posted 4/11/13

m4xwellmurd3r wrote:

Hachiman really reminds me of Ryuuji from Toradora now that I think about it.

Only a lot less friendly than Ryuuji. And that's not a bad thing


He's a mix of Araragi and Ryuuji, at least that's how I see him. He's got the mean look and awkwardness of Ryuuji mixed with the sharp tongue and wit of Araragi.
41514 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 4/11/13
Yeah, throughout the show I certainly felt it was a poor man's Haganai.

From the original trailer, I thought the artwork was going to be really, really innovative. Looked like a mixture of live action and old-fashioned stop animation with cut-outs. Turns out that was just placeholder material for "normal" animation.

I think it's got potential. I didn't enjoy the smug heroine with her sense that she's better than everyone else. I think possibly the dialogue doesn't translate that well, seems to be very wordy with a lot of puns.
13604 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 4/11/13

tommythecat wrote:


m4xwellmurd3r wrote:

Hachiman really reminds me of Ryuuji from Toradora now that I think about it.

Only a lot less friendly than Ryuuji. And that's not a bad thing


He's a mix of Araragi and Ryuuji, at least that's how I see him. He's got the mean look and awkwardness of Ryuuji mixed with the sharp tongue and wit of Araragi.


We need more main characters like this. They're far more entertaining then the general male protagonists that most comedy romance shows have.
41514 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 4/11/13 , edited 4/11/13

Rito2Ru wrote:

That's why didn't find it when I searched it lol
Hamachi? Didn't even know that that was another way to call the show

Well the mods can do whatever then and just sticky one to the other


Also know as Oregairu ...and Yahari apparenty

I think it's some kind of spy ;)

37412 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 4/11/13
I'll be watching this series with great interest.
63294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 4/11/13 , edited 4/11/13

icecreamsnow wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:

That's why didn't find it when I searched it lol
Hamachi? Didn't even know that that was another way to call the show

Well the mods can do whatever then and just sticky one to the other


Also know as Oregairu ...and Yahari apparenty

I think it's some kind of spy ;)



Yeah, Oregairu and Yahari makes sense, but Hamachi just seems kind of...out there lol

Anyway, I still think this can be better than Haganai if they keep doing what they're doing this ep, focus more on the characters and dialogue
15276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Bay Area CA
Offline
Posted 4/11/13
I prefer Yahari. Oregairu just confuses me. and Snafu sounds completely ridiculous
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.