Lack of comments on videos and Site News
19853 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/12/13
recently it came to my attention that there has been a lack of comments in both the videos and the news that are getting published each day. is it just me, or have you been noticing that too. i already sent customer care team a message, who will look into it, however i just wanted to ask you guys, and wonder if you might something more.

regards,

Spirithunter
Banned
34175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 4/12/13
Wow, what a fruitcake.
Posted 4/12/13 , edited 4/12/13
Maybe people are just getting lazier

Ain't Nobody got time fo dat
1995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Planet Earth
Offline
Posted 4/12/13
It seems whenever i go onto to CR from a normal google chrome browser there are still plenty of comments on the comment section, however when I come on CR from google incognito there are normally very little to no comments and any comments I make do not seem to appear on the one from google chrome. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this or is having a similar problem?
Posted 4/12/13

Spirithunter123456 wrote:

recently it came to my attention that there has been a lack of comments in both the videos and the news that are getting published each day. is it just me, or have you been noticing that too. i already sent customer care team a message, who will look into it, however i just wanted to ask you guys, and wonder if you might something more.

regards,

Spirithunter


Wait, whaaat? Are you wondering why people aren't commenting on news articles or episodes of anime anymore?
20381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 4/12/13 , edited 4/12/13
Hmm...I see quite a few comments on the CR news articles. Are you not seeing the actual comments or are you just seeing less comments than you usually do?

Are you running any browser plug-ins? If you're using Adblock Plus, you might have the parameters cranked a bit too high. Or maybe the DoNotTrackMe plug-in...? Sometimes that one will block Disqus threads unless I tell it not too (Ghostery as well). If you're not seeing the actual comment threads, it might be a browser plug-in issue (blow out your browser cache as well).

If it's just a lack of participation by CR members, they're just fat, lazy, and can't spell. Nothing to worry about.
269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / California!
Offline
Posted 4/12/13
i just thought they started blocking comments on new videos so people cant post guest passes. im usually right, unless its just a site glitch...but its probably what i said.
19853 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/12/13
if it is lack of interest then it would have gone down slowly, however it went down big time from one day to another. also newly aired videos, do not get any comments.. normally u would get the usual comments like "guest pass please" "nice video" "more please"
15066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 4/12/13
I sent the customer care team a message to deliver me a pizza. they never did it. shows how much they care..
19853 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/12/13

Hairbelly wrote:

Hmm...I see quite a few comments on the CR news articles. Are you not seeing the actual comments or are you just seeing less comments than you usually do?

Are you running any browser plug-ins? If you're using Adblock Plus, you might have the parameters cranked a bit too high. Or maybe the DoNotTrackMe plug-in...? Sometimes that one will block Disqus threads unless I tell it not too (Ghostery as well). If you're not seeing the actual comment threads, it might be a browser plug-in issue (blow out your browser cache as well).

If it's just a lack of participation by CR members, they're just fat, lazy, and can't spell. Nothing to worry about.


omg ur right. i just checked CR via Firefox, and there u see the usual amount of comments, however with google chrome the same site has 1 comment xD thx man
20381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 4/12/13

Spirithunter123456 wrote:



omg ur right. i just checked CR via Firefox, and there u see the usual amount of comments, however with google chrome the same site has 1 comment xD thx man


You're welcome. Cheers.
48465 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/12/13
I don't think it matters if people comment...I mean most comments on the internet are completely a waste of space!

It is good to use more than one browser especially if one is giving you trouble. I personally have IE, google chrome, aurora, firefox, waterfox although I usually use waterfox. It is hard to code a website to be 100% compatible with all browsers especially with the code and standards changing/updating so often.
18206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4/12/13
Sorry, I've just been busy lately.
Sailor Candy Moderator
165658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 10/22/13
Closed due to inactivity. It's been 6 months and 0 posts.
You must be logged in to post.