First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Your thoughts on the possibility of BTOOOM!!!! 2nd Season
16 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Brooklyn, NYC
Offline
Posted 5/19/13 , edited 5/19/13

lorreen wrote:


shankzswifty wrote:

I understand it didn't sell well in Japan...and I'm really surprised because this was the 2nd best anime on my que with Shingeki (Attack on Titan) being #1 and SOA at #3.

My thing is:
How in the hell are they not going to do a season two when there are soooo many open ended things going on?

That's business. If their primary goal was "art" or commitment to a few fans and they were willing to lose money or just not make very much money, then they'd finish out the story to a real conclusion.

However, when the main reason for producing the anime is profit and return on investment, well from that perspective, it does not make sense to use your resources to create a product that won't sell or won't have a significant enough impact on promoting sales of related products, like the manga. Even if it means leaving an "open" ending.




Well of course, but from fans perspective, that's besides the point, however logical your reasoning is. It's totally understandable from that standpoint. Looking at the whole picture, though...it sucks leaving the story on a cliff like that and expect me to just go on my merry way and forget about it. I just really enjoyed the show. And don't be so quick to count the fans opinions out. Companies have made mistakes with cancelling show's before due to lackluster sales without really understanding that sometimes, it takes awhile for a show to catch on. When they realize there's quite a demand for it, they bring it back. Actually, it may be their own fault for bad marketing and/or advertising. Anyway, I understand your point. I understand the business aspect as well. I just liked the show and really think it can do better with maybe more effort on their part (the company).

17191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / The OC
Offline
Posted 6/1/13
Theres no way it was the worst selling one. It was REALLY good, and there should be a second season thanks to the cliff hanger ending.

I approve of Btooom!

29320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Offline
Posted 6/1/13
I loved this anime, I read the manga so that's probably why. The story hasn't gone far past the end of the anime as of now so don't expect one soon
25210 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Scotland!
Offline
Posted 6/1/13
As it stands the only way that BTOOOM! will get a second series is if it does well in it's western release which might be possible considering that the series seems more geared towards a western audience but even then, sadly, the chances are slim. :<
43255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 6/1/13

kaptainkooleio wrote:

Theres no way it was the worst selling one. It was REALLY good, and there should be a second season thanks to the cliff hanger ending


Not worst, but close to it.




Scottzor wrote:

As it stands the only way that BTOOOM! will get a second series is if it does well in it's western release which might be possible considering that the series seems more geared towards a western audience but even then, sadly, the chances are slim. :<


Even with good sales in the West, I'm not so sure. They won't make too much off sales here for one.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2012-03-07
25210 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Scotland!
Offline
Posted 6/1/13

yomada6291 wrote:

Even with good sales in the West, I'm not so sure. They won't make too much off sales here for one.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2012-03-07


I did say the chances are slim although I should've said extremely slim. At least the manga is now being sold in the US and the UK with 2 volumes available already so it's not all bad, we will be able to find out what happens behond the anime without going to a manga site.
32113 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/1/13
I actually thought it was one of the worst anime I've ever watched, but I don't tend to watch bad anime often. Still it was pretty rough, they main character was awful, the supporting characters weren't any better. One interesting character was that crazy boy who killed his dad, but still if they had another season I don't even know if I would watch it.
69336 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / South of sanity.
Offline
Posted 6/1/13
Title suckered me again.
19294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Ontario, Canada
Offline
Posted 6/1/13
Watched it in a single sitting, really liked it.
25031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Tallahassee, Florida
Online
Posted 6/1/13

Man_Of_Leisure wrote:

Please edit title to reflect that this is your hope and desire and not a confirmation of a second season. I feel like I've been kicked in the nuts.


Quote for truth.
One Punch Mod
85944 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 6/1/13

Man_Of_Leisure wrote:
Title suckered me again.


HatredGlory wrote:


Man_Of_Leisure wrote:

Please edit title to reflect that this is your hope and desire and not a confirmation of a second season. I feel like I've been kicked in the nuts.

Quote for truth.

I think only mods can change the topic title once it's been created. I'll submit a report requesting that.
Sailor Candy Moderator
200577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 6/1/13 , edited 6/1/13



Your correct only mod's can change/ edit topic titles once it's been created. I hope that this title is a little less misleading.


On the topic though I thought the anime was ok, I saw it all in one go. Wasn't one of my faves wouldn't mind there being a second season but I'll live if there isn't one. If it didn't sell well there is a high chance that it won't continue. Anime is a business.
17205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 6/2/13

maffayoo wrote:

apprantly it was the worst selling anime of 2012 but if you ask me it was amazing the story was great really deserves a season 2
Goes to show you that japan is different from western taste
EmpReb 
19926 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Incoming Air Stomp
Offline
Posted 6/2/13 , edited 6/2/13

FlyinDumpling wrote:


maffayoo wrote:

apprantly it was the worst selling anime of 2012 but if you ask me it was amazing the story was great really deserves a season 2
Goes to show you that japan is different from western taste


And that they need to learn to sell what is good over here better like they do with games and cars.....
Posted 6/2/13 , edited 6/2/13
It was a great anime. I gave it 5 stars for my review, so I definitely would be over the moon if there is a season 2.


As for the reason why it failed, I think it was released at the wrong time. It came out at the same time Sword Art Online came out, and people were still fanatic over SAO, they saw BTOOOM as a generic copy. It also affected another one of my favourite anime, "Ixion Saga DT" too... =_=;;

I call it the SAO curse.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.