First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
Post Reply WATCH ATTACK ON TITAN EARLIER!!
50523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/14/13 , edited 4/14/13

agila61 wrote:


hpulley wrote: I know. You're right, you're absolutely right. It just sucks that as always, nice guys finish last. Doing it the right way is the hardest way. Shoganai, den ga na man ga na...

Things are getting better ~ there are more series on Crunchyroll, and fewer "week delay while somebody else streams it first" streams. Its frustrating that things move so slow, but if we step back and compare to just two years ago, there has been progress made.

I imagine that Crunchyroll includes a top-up to their MG offer for a true premier simulcast within an hour of premier broadcast. Hopefully as the subscriber base continues to grow, it'll get to the point where the top-up is too tempting to refuse.


Again, you are right. Bakemonogatari we finally got as a 480p catalog title, Madoka was a catalog title. Now we got Nisemonogatari as a simulcast along with many other big titles which probably didn't think much of $2000-4000/episode for us here. It is a lot better.

But it could be better still.


clouths wrote:
you complain about not having a time release, that subs are already out, while in Latin America and other places we won't even get the show... wow


Sucks worse for you and sucks even harder for our friends in Europe. I am thankful that I live where I am and can get as much anime as I can, as soon as I can.

But to repeat. It could be even better. I don't see why I shouldn't complain. Complacency does not change things. Action, voting with your dollars, voicing your concerns does.

And I don't just complain here. I ask nicely or complain in Japanese to the actual companies. I'm sure it is ignored but you never know...
scye27 
39639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 4/14/13
Having shows in your queue really helps train your brain that this is the only option. Once you know the schedule for simulcasts, you can get excited about a show coming out here. Last season I think I had a new show everyday except Sunday. I am looking forward to this show as it looked to be one of the only ones I would be interested in this season.
44178 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 4/14/13

Scottzor wrote:

A title that is being simulcast by Funimation is going to be avalible for UK viewing?! What kind of witchcraft is this?


It's actually fairly common that Funimation also gets the UK rights when they get the US & Canada rights. That may be why Crunchyroll can stream to the UK & Ireland. Funimation used to sometimes put simulcasts up on their Youtube channel, some of which were accessible from the UK, but I think they've stopped posting simulcasts to Youtube now. They put their simulcasts on their own website instead, which they can't be bothered to set up proper region restrictions for so they just block the UK even if they have the UK rights to the show you're trying to watch.

This may even be part of why Crunchyroll got the license.
20675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Puebla/DF/Monterrey
Offline
Posted 4/14/13

hpulley wrote:


agila61 wrote:


hpulley wrote: I know. You're right, you're absolutely right. It just sucks that as always, nice guys finish last. Doing it the right way is the hardest way. Shoganai, den ga na man ga na...

Things are getting better ~ there are more series on Crunchyroll, and fewer "week delay while somebody else streams it first" streams. Its frustrating that things move so slow, but if we step back and compare to just two years ago, there has been progress made.

I imagine that Crunchyroll includes a top-up to their MG offer for a true premier simulcast within an hour of premier broadcast. Hopefully as the subscriber base continues to grow, it'll get to the point where the top-up is too tempting to refuse.


Again, you are right. Bakemonogatari we finally got as a 480p catalog title, Madoka was a catalog title. Now we got Nisemonogatari as a simulcast along with many other big titles which probably didn't think much of $2000-4000/episode for us here. It is a lot better.

But it could be better still.


clouths wrote:
you complain about not having a time release, that subs are already out, while in Latin America and other places we won't even get the show... wow


Sucks worse for you and sucks even harder for our friends in Europe. I am thankful that I live where I am and can get as much anime as I can, as soon as I can.

But to repeat. It could be even better. I don't see why I shouldn't complain. Complacency does not change things. Action, voting with your dollars, voicing your concerns does.

And I don't just complain here. I ask nicely or complain in Japanese to the actual companies. I'm sure it is ignored but you never know...



I'm not saying you shouldn't, but come on you just have to wait a couple hours, the episode was since yesterday (at least fansubbed), you go for the "right" way, via CR ok so what's wrong with just waiting a couple more hours, also they are releasing both 1st and 2nd ep (I want to think they're subbing it and that's the reason for the delay) so be a little patient , could be better I completely agree with you, and yes you're lucky you can get all anime with CR and different services because is a joke that (in my case) being in the same continent and being from North America too can't get the same as you
29073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Staten Island, NY...
Offline
Posted 4/14/13
OMFG!!!! I can't believe CR got it. I thought this was a Funi exclusive. This is my favorite season ever with CrunchyRoll. Amazing!!!
29073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Staten Island, NY...
Offline
Posted 4/14/13

scye27 wrote:

Having shows in your queue really helps train your brain that this is the only option. Once you know the schedule for simulcasts, you can get excited about a show coming out here. Last season I think I had a new show everyday except Sunday. I am looking forward to this show as it looked to be one of the only ones I would be interested in this season.


The queue feature is extremely helpful with Roku, since you can not search up recently updates nor can you browse all shows in alphabetical order.


67858 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 4/14/13 , edited 4/14/13

hpulley wrote: But to repeat. It could be even better.

Thing is, in the ranking of things to complain about, complaining about a simulcast within 48 hours of the premier is saying "I shouldn't have to wait as long as Japanese in the North or South of the country, I should get it the same time as Tokyo or Osaka, whichever is earlier" and that really is pretty high up the "spoiled brat" scale.

As far as a legitimate complaint, its so far below region restrictions, especially to places like the Nordic Countries and Netherlands, and Latin America where Crunchnyroll is the most convenient way of reaching them with a legit release, I'm not sure its on the same scale.

Now, advising the Japanese creators that there are thousands of spoiled brats out there who can't wait 48 hours if the bootleg sub is up in 24 hours ... well, sure, they exist, and the rights holders ought to know that they exist. But being one of those who can't wait half a day to a day to watch a show that many Japanese will have to wait three days to a week for on their local broadcaster ~ if they even get it on their local broadcaster ~ that's something else.
50523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/14/13 , edited 4/14/13

clouths wrote:


I'm not saying you shouldn't, but come on you just have to wait a couple hours, the episode was since yesterday (at least fansubbed), you go for the "right" way, via CR ok so what's wrong with just waiting a couple more hours, also they are releasing both 1st and 2nd ep (I want to think they're subbing it and that's the reason for the delay) so be a little patient , could be better I completely agree with you, and yes you're lucky you can get all anime with CR and different services because is a joke that (in my case) being in the same continent and being from North America too can't get the same as you


I waited a week for AKB0048 Next Stage last season. And I wait for several more shows this season which are several days or weeks late in the case of the (not fair, I know) ones which are webcast by Nico Nico first. I don't use that as an excuse to run elsewhere. I just know I must be right that the super low number of views that, for example, AKB0048 Next Stage got was because of the week latecast. I don't know if Crunchyroll got their money's worth on that one on the minimum payment when it gets such low viewership.

I am sure Crunchyroll tries to get a 1 hour simulcast every time and usually fails. I hope they can use their higher viewership numbers to try and increase the number of real simulcasts they get where I don't have to avoid threads for days because I know everyone else is talking about the version they already saw.
33042 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/14/13
I love crunchy so much right now
20675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Puebla/DF/Monterrey
Offline
Posted 4/14/13


I waited a week for AKB0048 Next Stage last season. And I wait for several more shows this season which are several days or weeks late in the case of the (not fair, I know) ones which are webcast by Nico Nico first. I don't use that as an excuse to run elsewhere. I just know I must be right that the super low number of views that, for example, AKB0048 Next Stage got was because of the week latecast. I don't know if Crunchyroll got their money's worth on that one on the minimum payment when it gets such low viewership.

I am sure Crunchyroll tries to get a 1 hour simulcast every time and usually fails. I hope they can use their higher viewership numbers to try and increase the number of real simulcasts they get where I don't have to avoid threads for days because I know everyone else is talking about the version they already saw.

First I completely respect the way you watch your anime (waiting for it to be released legally) I waited for AKB0048 too, but didn't mind honestly I know it was a week late I watched the first episode subbed, because for me it's like this; other than CR I don't know any other streaming service to watch anime legally in Mexico or Latin America, so I'm happy they embrace us, but I get few shows so if I want to watch, let's put an example Saint Seiya Omega (which again not having the rights to stream in Latin America is stupid, we have way bigger fanbase for Saint Seiya than the US or Canada) and it's available in CR but not for my zone either I torrent or never watch it (I'm almost sure public tv in Mexico won't stream Omega like they did with every other Saint Seiya including original, movies and lost canvas) I can import the BD or dvd, but that's something I only do with shows I really like, an example is JOJO, I'm importing as they release the BD, and yes they get their money on time, but I think there's nothing wrong with waiting a week because of delay or agreements, or a couple hours if you get the show, maybe we differ because I'm in the medical field and I must wait even when sometimes I don't want, and before I get lost in what I'm writing, again even when waiting a week I'm happy I got AKB0048 I enjoyed watching it and still despite that and that if I had Attack on Titan I'll wait a couple more knowing that where I live is 12:00pm, but again I'm not saying you shouldn't complain, it's your right but at the same time waiting a couple of hours more is not big deal, and knowing you have a show with a week delay is not a big problem since you still get the cance to enjoy it
20675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Puebla/DF/Monterrey
Offline
Posted 4/14/13

agila61 wrote:


hpulley wrote: But to repeat. It could be even better.

Thing is, in the ranking of things to complain about, complaining about a simulcast within 48 hours of the premier is saying "I shouldn't have to wait as long as Japanese in the North or South of the country, I should get it the same time as Tokyo or Osaka, whichever is earlier" and that really is pretty high up the "spoiled brat" scale.

As far as a legitimate complaint, its so far below region restrictions, especially to places like the Nordic Countries and Netherlands, and Latin America where Crunchnyroll is the most convenient way of reaching them with a legit release, I'm not sure its on the same scale.

Now, advising the Japanese creators that there are thousands of spoiled brats out there who can't wait 48 hours if the bootleg sub is up in 24 hours ... well, sure, they exist, and the rights holders ought to know that they exist. But being one of those who can't wait half a day to a day to watch a show that many Japanese will have to wait three days to a week for on their local broadcaster ~ if they even get it on their local broadcaster ~ that's something else.


agree and as far as I know Mexico is not that strict with its content or things related
20675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Puebla/DF/Monterrey
Offline
Posted 4/14/13

hpulley wrote:


clouths wrote:


I'm not saying you shouldn't, but come on you just have to wait a couple hours, the episode was since yesterday (at least fansubbed), you go for the "right" way, via CR ok so what's wrong with just waiting a couple more hours, also they are releasing both 1st and 2nd ep (I want to think they're subbing it and that's the reason for the delay) so be a little patient , could be better I completely agree with you, and yes you're lucky you can get all anime with CR and different services because is a joke that (in my case) being in the same continent and being from North America too can't get the same as you


I waited a week for AKB0048 Next Stage last season. And I wait for several more shows this season which are several days or weeks late in the case of the (not fair, I know) ones which are webcast by Nico Nico first. I don't use that as an excuse to run elsewhere. I just know I must be right that the super low number of views that, for example, AKB0048 Next Stage got was because of the week latecast. I don't know if Crunchyroll got their money's worth on that one on the minimum payment when it gets such low viewership.

I am sure Crunchyroll tries to get a 1 hour simulcast every time and usually fails. I hope they can use their higher viewership numbers to try and increase the number of real simulcasts they get where I don't have to avoid threads for days because I know everyone else is talking about the version they already saw.



First I completely respect the way you watch your anime (waiting for it to be released legally) I waited for AKB0048 too, but didn't mind honestly I know it was a week late I watched the first episode subbed, because for me it's like this; other than CR I don't know any other streaming service to watch anime legally in Mexico or Latin America, so I'm happy they embrace us, but I get few shows so if I want to watch, let's put an example Saint Seiya Omega (which again not having the rights to stream in Latin America is stupid, we have way bigger fanbase for Saint Seiya than the US or Canada) and it's available in CR but not for my zone either I torrent or never watch it (I'm almost sure public tv in Mexico won't stream Omega like they did with every other Saint Seiya including original, movies and lost canvas) I can import the BD or dvd, but that's something I only do with shows I really like, an example is JOJO, I'm importing as they release the BD, and yes they get their money on time, but I think there's nothing wrong with waiting a week because of delay or agreements, or a couple hours if you get the show, maybe we differ because I'm in the medical field and I must wait even when sometimes I don't want, and before I get lost in what I'm writing, again even when waiting a week I'm happy I got AKB0048 I enjoyed watching it and still despite that and that if I had Attack on Titan I'll wait a couple more knowing that where I live is 12:00pm, but again I'm not saying you shouldn't complain, it's your right but at the same time waiting a couple of hours more is not big deal, and knowing you have a show with a week delay is not a big problem since you still get the cance to enjoy it
33864 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Netherlands
Offline
Posted 4/14/13
I'll need to move to a new country to see this one. OR wait for it to ..yeah. I will wait in the Netherlands for it to show. Any idea how many Dutch Subscribers CR has? Do we pack a punch? Are we an interesting group for anime-studio's?
duelit 
28331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/14/13
<3 Crunchyroll. Can't say it enough haha.
29068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/14/13
I love you Crunchyroll.
First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.