First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Vague Forum Rules
Posted 4/17/13
Oh there it finally gets thrown into the arena... The "money card". I could swear I've heard less crying in a nursery.

If I had a dime for every person who tosses this around in forums, I could retire richer than Bill Gates.

Take your money, take your business... there's the door. Don't let it hit you on the way out... unless that's what you're into. Then, more power to you.

If people have enough time to be posting such, then why bother saying it and just go do it.
1mirg 
62906 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / United States of...
Offline
Posted 4/17/13

@BearSol

I've this thread after seeing the "Men Discussion" get locked. The post made by the mod brought up the adult content Forum rule and it got me wonder.(NOTE: I found the thread after the fact and have no opinion on it's being locked one way or the other.)





Posted 4/17/13
The only beef I have with the 'higher' powers is why did that post a pic thread get closed!!!!??? That was my fav thread. Besides that though I think they do a good job or whatever this thread is trying to discuss???
Posted 4/17/13

chase6565 wrote:

The only beef I have with the 'higher' powers is why did that post a pic thread get closed!!!!??? That was my fav thread. Besides that though I think they do a good job or whatever this thread is trying to discuss???


If you took the time to read it, you'd find your answers.

Hint: Last post


You're welcome.
Posted 4/17/13

LynnTerra wrote:


chase6565 wrote:

The only beef I have with the 'higher' powers is why did that post a pic thread get closed!!!!??? That was my fav thread. Besides that though I think they do a good job or whatever this thread is trying to discuss???


If you took the time to read it, you'd find your answers.

Hint: Last post


You're welcome.


I don't follow you. Read the last post of the 'post a pic of yourself' thread?
Sailor Candy Moderator
200584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 4/17/13
You know the ironic thing about this thread was that we (the mods) actually made it shorter because some users complained that the rules were too long and too detailed. Now after we painstakingly made it shorter people are complaining that it's to vague. >.<! GAH!
85263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 4/17/13

Pomff wrote:


AHTL wrote:

Yet to meet any of these outsourced Indian mods, could you do me a favour and introduce me to them?


Playing coy I see. You don't fool me though, I know that you've only got about 3 real admins/moderators on here and the rest are outsourced to Indian people with a tenuous grasp of the English language. It's more efficient for the site because they work 18 hour shifts for 35 cents a day. Or maybe you're being honest about not knowing and your superiors don't trust you enough with this information.

I obviously can't introduce you to them because it's a very hush hush affair that the owner of the domain would like to keep hidden. I know they exist though because all the mildly successful internet sites use them.


Crunchyroll does not pay it's moderator team. The moderators are real members who have applied to give their time to moderate the forums. They do get free premium membership, but I wouldn't consider that payment. Therefore, there is no need to hire any cheap labor as you say.
Posted 4/17/13
The mods are slaves.
Posted 4/17/13
I've been feeling guilty about this for a while now but.....I haven't even seen/glanced at the rules once. Maybe i will one day.
Posted 4/17/13





Smart
67201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bonne Lake, WA
Offline
Posted 4/17/13
You are paying for the videos and the streaming of licensed content. Not the forum service.


There is no relationship between forum service and membership status. None of the benefits for members states anything about special forum privileges.

Most forum moderators on the internet are volunteers picked by the company in question for their reasonable judgement in most situations.

If you don't understand what constitutes as 'Adult Content', you should probably go ask your mother if you can even be on crunchyroll. This is not brain surgery. Content meant to elicit a sexual response from an audience, or content that MAY elicit a sexual response from an audience, and contains exposed genitalia or breasts, or is posed in such a way as to be suggestive of sexual activity is not appropriate.


If you don't understand this, you really need to grow up. There is a thought or idea behind these rules to keep these boards appropriate for people as young as 13 years old. yes, Pg 13 movies may contain a rear end or two, or something along those lines, but they don't include posed pictures of men or women. A good example is in iRobot, when will smith is taking a shower in the morning. It is not meant to elicit a sexual response from the audience, but to show a normal routine of how he lives his life. They relate this by showing him getting up in the morning, struggling with the alarm clock, turning on some old tunes from the 70's and him starting his day. It also exposes some physical aspects of him in his ?left? arm and shoulder that become important to the plot later on. It is done tastefully, and without posing or much ado. It just happens to be.


Next, the title of the thread, "Men Discussion". how can you not see this ending badly? The entire topic had a bad start with the name. Second, the thread began with discussion on how to handle yourself during urination, a topic discussing genitalia. Third, the thread became horrendously sexists to the point of being offensive with people telling women to get out of the thread and back into the kitchen.


If you honestly can't figure out why the thread may have been locked, I can't help you.
49909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / So Cal
Offline
Posted 4/18/13

alexwithcandy wrote:

You know the ironic thing about this thread was that we (the mods) actually made it shorter because some users complained that the rules were too long and too detailed. Now after we painstakingly made it shorter people are complaining that it's to vague. >.<! GAH!


Maybe because they don't tell you what you can or cannot do?
2424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 4/18/13
Drinking my coffee is forbidden. Unless you're legit out of coffee at home, then maybe, and that's assuming I'm in a good mood!
Gets It.
24670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Raleigh, North Ca...
Online
Posted 4/18/13
Forums always end up coming to the same exact style of complaints, all of them! This is no different. You have to realise that you are the end user, you're a paying customer for streaming anime service. You don't get any real perks outside of being able to be in a "Premium Members Only" group and quality/timeliness of anime or drama. The forums are a different 'entity' altogether. As it's a public forum and that there are people who are minors on here, it's only logical to be mindful of that fact. You can cite rating systems all you want, but they simply do not apply here. These forums are neither a film nor an album.

Rules are going to be vague because there has to be a level of leniency so that a moderator still has the ability to judge for him/herself that the post (or user) is in violation. To complain about the "vague rules" is pretty much a waste of time. You simply need to respect the fact that the forum is moderated and it isn't a "free network". When you're posting on any forum, you're at the mercy of the staff members of that forum. While one may allow excessive profanity, another will not. Same goes for nudity, tasteless jokes, and so on. It isn't as though you're getting banned for posting about how inferior waffles are to pancakes/crepes or something similar. From my understanding from having had lurked the forums for quite some time (and now only just starting to be somewhat active), the staff seems fair and somewhat just. Yes, their actions may be open for interpretation, but that doesn't really matter in the long run.
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 4/18/13

Why isn't this thread closed yet?
The reaching of some people..



First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.