Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Biggest Surprise/Disappointment of Spring 2013
Banned
4169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/22/13
Obviously Fairy Tail ending.
51220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 4/22/13 , edited 4/22/13
mmm I can say Valvrave also , its got potential but man

Photo Kano turned not funny and Hentai Ouji second episode somehow died for me.

For the surprise... it would be Arata the Legend.

Gargantia and Titans were not a surprise for me , I knew they were going to be good but Gargantia exceeded my expectations... love it


24284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 4/22/13
for biggest surprise

Gargantia - the color palate and character designs are worth watching alone.

The Severing Crime Edge - i almost dropped it after the first episode but I'm so glad i stuck with it

Disappointment -
Zettai Boei Leviatan this just wasn't that good

The Awesome, wait a second I saw this before goes to Valvrave. I love the mecha designs, loved the direction it was going but the end of the second episode is making me wonder. I think part of the reason why I'm forgiving it for being a Gundam Clone is there hasn't been a good Gundam in a long time.
11913 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/22/13

DeckardXLeah wrote:

Obviously Fairy Tail ending.


same here bro

16059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Costa Rica
Offline
Posted 4/22/13 , edited 4/22/13
Surprise
Gargantia and Maou-sama. I honestly was not expecting them to be that great! Love them both!

Dissapointment
There are some shows that I started but already decided that I wont keep watching them because they arent as great as others and I dont have a lot of time to watch them all (like Photo Kano, Red Data Girl, and a few more) They arent really a dissapointment though.. .
So I would say no dissapointments for me so far yay~ And I hope it stays like this!
64333 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 4/22/13

bluechokobo wrote:

for biggest surprise

Gargantia - the color palate and character designs are worth watching alone.

The Severing Crime Edge - i almost dropped it after the first episode but I'm so glad i stuck with it

Disappointment -
Zettai Boei Leviatan this just wasn't that good

The Awesome, wait a second I saw this before goes to Valvrave. I love the mecha designs, loved the direction it was going but the end of the second episode is making me wonder. I think part of the reason why I'm forgiving it for being a Gundam Clone is there hasn't been a good Gundam in a long time.


gundamn unicorn... yeah
24284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 4/22/13

AnimeKami wrote:


bluechokobo wrote:

for biggest surprise

Gargantia - the color palate and character designs are worth watching alone.

The Severing Crime Edge - i almost dropped it after the first episode but I'm so glad i stuck with it

Disappointment -
Zettai Boei Leviatan this just wasn't that good

The Awesome, wait a second I saw this before goes to Valvrave. I love the mecha designs, loved the direction it was going but the end of the second episode is making me wonder. I think part of the reason why I'm forgiving it for being a Gundam Clone is there hasn't been a good Gundam in a long time.


gundamn unicorn... yeah



that's about it so far but i haven't been able to see it because the blu rays are super expensive. Waiting for a nice sale or I'll just rent it on PSN some weekend
11218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 4/23/13
Biggest Surprise: Devil is a Part Timer and Severing Crime Edge. While the first one sounded interesting, I assumed it would be the MC adjusting to life in Japan. But that's only like the first 15 minutes of the first episode. It took a different route than I thought which is why I'm watching it. The Severing Crime Edge sounded like a stupid plot, but it actually is pretty interesting. I feel like it is trying to be good, unlike shows like Valvrave or Devil Survivor.

Biggest Disappointments: Devil Survivor 2 and Valvrave. Also to a lesser extent, Gargantia. Like I said before, these two shows just seem like they are just going through the motions and aren't really trying to be interesting at all. Or maybe I just didn't find it interesting. I'll watch up until episode 3 for both, but I doubt they will keep my attention. Gargantia isn't bad, but I had really high hopes for this show since it's written by the writer of Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero, and Psycho Pass (I'm talking about Gen Urobuchi). I really liked all these shows, but as of now, Gargantia doesn't seem to be going in the direction of these 3 (more dark, full of plot twist and a lot to think about). It just doesn't feel like one of his shows (which might not be a bad thing). I'll keep watching it in hopes that it'll get better.
15054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / US
Offline
Posted 4/24/13 , edited 4/24/13
Biggest Surprises:
Hataraku Maou-sama! has turned into a fun little show. Red Data Girl is another that I wasn't expecting to like as much as I do, though that might have something to do with the gorgeous scenery (dat PA Works).

Biggest Disappointments:
Majestic Prince definitely leaves much to be desired. I understand trying to mix action with comedy, but it just doesn't work very well here. Also, can we PLEASE get a character designer other than Hisashi Hirai? Dansai Bunri is another show that's starting to disappoint. I wasn't expecting to love it, but I wasn't expecting to be quite so bored either.
43157 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / AZ, USA
Offline
Posted 4/24/13
oreimo 2 is definetly a major dissapointment its practically the same thing

the surprise would be gargantia which is actually pretty good.
4225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20
Offline
Posted 4/24/13 , edited 4/24/13
I really don't have a biggest surprise. I have yet to have a show surpass my expectations this season.

The biggest disappointments for me would be Red Data Girl and Aku no Hana I thought that premise of RDG was interesting, but almost nothing happens in this show. Well, stuff technically happens, but it never really feels like it. And I love the Aku no Hana manga, but I just can't get into the art style. I don't care if its 'artistic' or a 'stylistic choice', it looks like they went into MS paint and drew over a video. And it's just uncomfortable to watch, and not even in a 'oh man, it fits with the theme of the show' kind of way, but in a way that just makes it hard to watch.


aphrodisiacs wrote:
Biggest disappointment would have to be Devil Survivor 2 The Animation. Tried watching the first few episodes, but it didn't really stick with me. Plot feels forced, predictable characters and it just feels like it's been done a thousand times before (not the fact that it's based of a video game, but the whole "I'm the chosen one, I fight with creatures, I'll save everyone-thing). I'm not saying it's bad however, it just wasn't what I was expecting after the hype.


If you've seen Episode 3 or played the game it really seems like that's actually not what they are going for.

Also, the story is pretty unique. It's just that the story doesn't show its true colors until about halfway through. The story as actually secretly about...
41480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Above The Diagonal
Offline
Posted 4/24/13
Biggest Disappointment: that's difficult to say, because there is lots of competition (this is seriously not a good season overall) but I think I will go with Date-A-Live.

Biggest Surprise: I would have to say Muromi-san. I read about this, saw a few character designs, figured I wouldn't even bother checking. I think I checked the first episode anyway out of sheer boredom, but I've been watching since then. Runner-up is Mushibugyo and an honorable mention (it's not part of the TV season, so it doesn't qualify, but I gotta mention it) goes to the short film that showed up here the other day, "Little Witch Academia". If you haven't seen it yet, and if you like Miyazaki or Disney, you gotta go watch this thing.
13061 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 4/24/13
disappointments

Photo Kano- I thought it was going to be on the serious side but i was wrong

Zettai Boei Leviatan- Its dull instead of being cute

surprises

Majestic Prince- I usually don't mecha's shows but this is enjoyable

My teen romantic comedy SNAFU- the fact that Hachiman isn't spineless
16190 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 4/24/13 , edited 4/24/13
Biggest Surprises:
Gargantia and Flowers of Evil


Loving them both ^_^
7137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Sweden
Offline
Posted 4/24/13


I'll have to try it again then. I though it was weird how a show like that could gain so much popularity with it's kind of stereotypical story-line(from what many first perceived), but if it is as you say, it sounds a lot more interesting indeed.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.