First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Post Reply What do you think of war?
12493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / California
Offline
Posted 4/21/13
It's a necessary evil. As long as people don't fully agree and/or understand each other, there is bound to be escalating conflict until there is violence.
Posted 4/21/13
An expenditure of masculine energy in order to impose wills.
21005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 4/21/13
Unfortunately, wars will never go away. There is always going to be someone out there that wants what you have and they will attempt to take it by force. You don't have to like war...you don't have to be apart of any armed force. Just be thankful there are those out here that are willing to do the fighting for you.
85087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 4/21/13
To be the best and wins the war.
60960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Missouri
Offline
Posted 4/21/13
Humans fight amongst themselves to stay fresh for when the real enemy shows up. Just survival instinct. Them space aliens won't know what hit em.
Posted 5/12/13
War does not solve anything, it`s the lowest of all lows and should be the last option.

Also, when people decide to join the army, I hope they know what they actually sign up for. Soldiers are not heroes, the ones who step away and tell people about the reality of war are the true heroes. The ones who speak out.
26258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Buffalo, NY USA
Offline
Posted 5/12/13
Any war is bad. Doesn't matter how you slice it, a conflict that takes the lives of thousands, if not millions is never the way to go. The only time I feel it was truly necessary was the Second World War. These days though, wars are being fought for political and religious reasons. Oh, and for profit, too. Can't forget fossil fuels such as oil, after all.
Sogno- 
24579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 5/12/13
war spells "raw" backwards, that's what i think
10102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 5/12/13
War should only be used as the very last resort if their is no other option, because war is never good.
53760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 5/12/13
Unless you are downright batsh*t crazy (or an evil douche), I don't think anyone actually "likes" war. But I think as a few others commented, it's not something that is going away. It's a simple pipe dream to assume everyone ever is just going to just get along. People here on internet forums can't get along for crying out loud.



jeizii wrote:

War does not solve anything, it`s the lowest of all lows and should be the last option.

Also, when people decide to join the army, I hope they know what they actually sign up for. Soldiers are not heroes, the ones who step away and tell people about the reality of war are the true heroes. The ones who speak out.


I would think soldiers who have been in combat know exactly what the reality of war is.
Posted 5/12/13

camontour wrote:

Unless you are downright batsh*t crazy (or an evil douche), I don't think anyone actually "likes" war. But I think as a few others commented, it's not something that is going away. It's a simple pipe dream to assume everyone ever is just going to just get along. People here on internet forums can't get along for crying out loud.



jeizii wrote:

War does not solve anything, it`s the lowest of all lows and should be the last option.

Also, when people decide to join the army, I hope they know what they actually sign up for. Soldiers are not heroes, the ones who step away and tell people about the reality of war are the true heroes. The ones who speak out.


I would think soldiers who have been in combat know exactly what the reality of war is.


Yeah, about that, I don`t think they do. They sign up thinking they will be 'fighting for their country'. When in reality I have seen soldiers step out of war and realise the terrorising they do to other countries. They don`t fight for anything, they just terrorise people. I say this because I believe the soldiers who speak out to people about what really happens in war.

53760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 5/12/13 , edited 5/12/13

jeizii wrote:


camontour wrote:

Unless you are downright batsh*t crazy (or an evil douche), I don't think anyone actually "likes" war. But I think as a few others commented, it's not something that is going away. It's a simple pipe dream to assume everyone ever is just going to just get along. People here on internet forums can't get along for crying out loud.



jeizii wrote:

War does not solve anything, it`s the lowest of all lows and should be the last option.

Also, when people decide to join the army, I hope they know what they actually sign up for. Soldiers are not heroes, the ones who step away and tell people about the reality of war are the true heroes. The ones who speak out.


I would think soldiers who have been in combat know exactly what the reality of war is.


Yeah, about that, I don`t think they do. They sign up thinking they will be 'fighting for their country'. When in reality I have seen soldiers step out of war and realise the terrorising they do to other countries. They don`t fight for anything, they just terrorise people. I say this because I believe the soldiers who speak out to people about what really happens in war.



Yup, because all the vets from WW2 just terrorized everyone. Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan? Just a bunch of bullies that someone should have shouted loud words at. *eye roll*.

And then to insult ME (armed forces myself and I am sure there are others on THESE VERY FORUMS), saying all I do is terrorize people, well, that's just not nice. .
Posted 5/12/13 , edited 7/13/13

camontour wrote:

Yup, because all the vets from WW2 just terrorized everyone. Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan? Just a bunch of bullies that someone should have shouted loud words at. *eye roll*.

And then to insult ME (armed forces myself and I am sure there are others on THESE VERY FORUMS), saying all I do is terrorize people, well, that's just not nice. It would appear to me you don't actually know what you are talking about. :/.



Lol, ok if you say so hahaha. I love how you use your 'qualification' just to prove your point. But ok, whatever you say commander.
53760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 5/12/13
I wish I was a commander, hell. That's some nice money. Live in nice base housing, have ensigns get me coffee? Retire, go write a book about my tour of duty, and play golf all day.
10182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 5/12/13
My theory is that countries that invest in military force want to utilize it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.