First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
What do you promise?
21154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/22/13



When you kill someone in the afterlife....they go to the super after life.

Posted 4/22/13

schnipdip wrote:


Ink-e wrote:



If there's a nothing within a void of nothings, then you have something and everything, while still having nothing at all.



Well let me just clarify this. You cant have a void of nothing, because it has the property of being of a void, so therefore it is something. Its just a void of emptyness. But emptiness is something. You say space is empty with nothing there, but there is. Its full of space.


A void of nothing is a space within something where there is nothing. It's an emptiness, there is no space there, there is nothing there.
25728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/22/13

buleleader wrote:


schnipdip wrote:

This topic is just about what you promise to yourself / world.

I will start. Mine sounds really weird, but it will happen.

I promise:
If there is one thing I do with this life, given the after life, I vow my life and dedicate it to kill God. That is my purpose and nothing else. I will get revenge for everyone.


I recommend watching Angel Beats all the way threw...
Anyway, I will do my best to kill you as many times as possible in the afterlife if that is your true goal...
Desu Bitch~


Good luck. Im not doing it out of spite, rather love.
If god is all good then why is there evil? Therefore he cant be all good.
If there is free will, then why does fate exist?

If someone is hurting everyday and they cant live another day, why should they be punished for ending their life?
If god is all understanding, then he wouldnt punish those who live in torment.

If god is good and everything happens for a reason then why do babies and young children die? Are they not innocent? Did they deserve to die?
Maybe its to prevent bad things in the future, then we live under an illusion of free will.

25728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/22/13

Ink-e wrote:


schnipdip wrote:


Ink-e wrote:



If there's a nothing within a void of nothings, then you have something and everything, while still having nothing at all.



Well let me just clarify this. You cant have a void of nothing, because it has the property of being of a void, so therefore it is something. Its just a void of emptyness. But emptiness is something. You say space is empty with nothing there, but there is. Its full of space.


A void of nothing is a space within something where there is nothing. It's an emptiness, there is no space there, there is nothing there.




This is impossible. There cant be a void of blank. If you say nothing exists there, then its full of nothingness. Therefore something does exist there, nothing. Nothing is a property as well as emptiness.
43 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Westfield, MA
Offline
Posted 4/22/13
I promise:

To be myself, and to reach my goals into the future. Even if it's hard or if I don't like the outcomes, I will still smile knowing I tried my best. Just like what Yuna from Final Fantasy X Says: "I want my pilgrimage to be full of laughter"

I want my life... To be full of sad times, happiness, regret, envy, and such forth because I know I'm living as a human, and I should at least be thankful that I'm alive even if I don't enjoy it at times.
47860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 4/22/13

schnipdip wrote:

Everything has to exist for nothing to exist.


Right, then equivalently if nothing doesn't exist, then everything doesn't have to exist. And I think it's hard to argue that "nothing" exists. Also,


schnipdip wrote:

By giving it a name you acknowledge its existance. You gave it a property of nothing, therefore nothing has to exist. If everything is in nothing, then they exist in nothing, yet still exist none the less.


No, by giving it a name, you give it the property of having a name. By making an idea, you create an idea with the property of existence, not an actual thing that exists. And finally,


schnipdip wrote:

You cant have a void of nothing, because it has the property of being of a void, so therefore it is something. Its just a void of emptyness. But emptiness is something. You say space is empty with nothing there, but there is. Its full of space.


If it has the property of being a void, then this is exactly the statement that it has the property of being nothing, which does not mean that it's something. It, clearly, means that it's nothing.

If you're going to try sophistry, at least be good at it: A void of emptiness and a void of nothingness is the same thing -- you can't claim that one exists without the other.
25728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/22/13

theYchromosome wrote:


schnipdip wrote:

Everything has to exist for nothing to exist.


Right, then equivalently if nothing doesn't exist, then everything doesn't have to exist. And I think it's hard to argue that "nothing" exists. Also,


schnipdip wrote:

By giving it a name you acknowledge its existance. You gave it a property of nothing, therefore nothing has to exist. If everything is in nothing, then they exist in nothing, yet still exist none the less.


No, by giving it a name, you give it the property of having a name. By making an idea, you create an idea with the property of existence, not an actual thing that exists. And finally,


schnipdip wrote:

You cant have a void of nothing, because it has the property of being of a void, so therefore it is something. Its just a void of emptyness. But emptiness is something. You say space is empty with nothing there, but there is. Its full of space.


If it has the property of being a void, then this is exactly the statement that it has the property of being nothing, which does not mean that it's something. It, clearly, means that it's nothing.

If you're going to try sophistry, at least be good at it: A void of emptiness and a void of nothingness is the same thing -- you can't claim that one exists without the other.


By everything i meant something. Something has to exist for nothing to exist.

Its like an empty bucket. You look at it and say its not full, there is nothing in it, its empty.
When in reality its full. Whats it full of? Space, air, the property of emptiness, etc.

Where is this void? In space? Then something exists. If you look into nothing what do you see?
47860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 4/22/13

schnipdip wrote:



By everything i meant something. Something has to exist for nothing to exist.

Its like an empty bucket. You look at it and say its not full, there is nothing in it, its empty.
When in reality its full. Whats it full of? Space, air, the property of emptiness, etc.

Where is this void? In space? Then something exists. If you look into nothing what do you see?


If by everything, you meant something, then what point were you trying to make? I thought you were trying to defend the idea of killing god, which is implied by everything existing, but not by something existing.

In an empty bucket, that's true, but to also debunk your final point, you can't "look" into a void, since you can't look into nothing. Looking into space is different than looking into nothing, since looking into space is, by definition, looking into something. You're right in saying that looking into space is looking into something, because space is something. "Space," however, is not the same as "nothing." It is, in fact, something -- as you've stated. You can't look into nothing, but you can look into space. I don't know how many other ways I can say it. "Nothing" by virtue of the definition of "nothing," does not exist. Can you give an example of nothing?
25728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/22/13

theYchromosome wrote:


schnipdip wrote:



By everything i meant something. Something has to exist for nothing to exist.

Its like an empty bucket. You look at it and say its not full, there is nothing in it, its empty.
When in reality its full. Whats it full of? Space, air, the property of emptiness, etc.

Where is this void? In space? Then something exists. If you look into nothing what do you see?


If by everything, you meant something, then what point were you trying to make? I thought you were trying to defend the idea of killing god, which is implied by everything existing, but not by something existing.

In an empty bucket, that's true, but to also debunk your final point, you can't "look" into a void, since you can't look into nothing. Looking into space is different than looking into nothing, since looking into space is, by definition, looking into something. You're right in saying that looking into space is looking into something, because space is something. "Space," however, is not the same as "nothing." It is, in fact, something -- as you've stated. You can't look into nothing, but you can look into space. I don't know how many other ways I can say it. "Nothing" by virtue of the definition of "nothing," does not exist. Can you give an example of nothing?


No no no. I wasnt refering to my promise.

I think you are confusing this. Lets say you are looking at a blank piece of paper. This piece of paper was all you can see. You dont know its a piece of paper, but it is. You look at it and see nothing. But in order for you to see that nothing, that piece of paper has to be there.
Revolver Dogelot
72988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / somewhere that is...
Offline
Posted 4/22/13

schnipdip wrote:

This topic is just about what you promise to yourself / world.

I will start. Mine sounds really weird, but it will happen.

I promise:
If there is one thing I do with this life, given the after life, I vow my life and dedicate it to kill God. That is my purpose and nothing else. I will get revenge for everyone.


Hmmm... Well I for one promise to lock threads that quite frankly were problems waiting to happen before they can escalate further into full on forum wars and flame fests of a religious nature.

Fortunately my promise is one I can definitely back up.

Just as an aside, there are people on this forum who are of religious beliefs so while I personally am not "up in arms" understand that a lot of things in this thread might be pretty well... offensive to them. We want to keep a safe flame free posting environment here for everyone, and that includes people who believe in God and or don't think God is out to get them.

Forum rules:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-777725/cr-forum-rules

Lockin and closin!
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.