First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Girls Don't Like Muscular Guys?
28143 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 5/1/13 , edited 5/1/13



I just saw some of their videos and I was laughing my ass off.
10135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 5/1/13 , edited 5/1/13

demongurrl13 wrote:


CLarose wrote:

So you mean to tell me that because you are ONE insignificant person and you know maybe 100 - 1000 Asian people that eat a lot that makes a difference in what the numbers actually are? Youre a damn fool. The kid already gave you a resource http://data.worldbank.org

I dont care if you feel some kind of way about what it is in Asia. 80% of Haiti lives below the poverty line and im Haitian. You dont see me getting all bent up over it. Its a FACT. I cant help that you cant deal with facts. Go live in your anime escapist world with that bullshit.


That doesn't prove your statement about Asians eating less than most people around the world, which is what I initially responded to. 1/3 of Asians living in poverty is not a majority. So tell me, how many impoverished Asians do you know that you can freely throw about such a generalization? I don't "feel" a certain way about anything. I'm trying to have an intellectual argument here, but it seems that is too much for you to take so you throw about baseless ramblings and call me names and make stupid comments about me and dismiss what I say. It's painful to watch when someone cannot simply admit that they don't know everything.


“Wisest is she who knows she does not know.”
― Jostein Gaarder, Sophie's World



Got this from http://www.worldhunger.org/articles/Learn/world%20hunger%20facts%202002.htm
Starving people in the word:


You asked for sources... There you go...
hmm_4x 
24519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 5/1/13 , edited 5/1/13
^ its funny how stubborn you are on the subject to go and look up charts so you can believe you'er right xD That's just funny






XD that videos hilarious... "Justin bieber going and F*cking up everything"
2142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / indonesia
Offline
Posted 5/1/13
i like it xD
10135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 5/1/13 , edited 5/1/13

hmm_4x wrote:

^ its funny how stubborn you are on the subject to go and look up charts so you can believe you'er right xD That's just funny




Because thats not exactly what you did? Did you not go to worldbank.org to prove your point even though you neglected to notice that South Asia was represented in a different slot? But thats right, South Asia isnt considered in your opinion because its not Japan and since you only wanted to argue about Japan everything else is meaningless to you...
hmm_4x 
24519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 5/1/13

CLarose wrote:


hmm_4x wrote:

^ its funny how stubborn you are on the subject to go and look up charts so you can believe you'er right xD That's just funny




Because thats not exactly what you did? Did you not go to worldbank.org to prove your point even though you neglected to notice that South Asia was represented in a different slot? But thats right, South Asia isnt considered in your opinion because its not Japan and since you only wanted to argue about Japan everything else is meaningless to you...


I actually had that website on my computer because I am writing a 10 page English paper and it just so happens to be about poverty. xD
that's why I find this all too much fun.
Posted 5/1/13

CLarose wrote:

Got this from http://www.worldhunger.org/articles/Learn/world%20hunger%20facts%202002.htm



You asked for sources... There you go...


578 million people in Asia classified as undernourished. Interesting. However, cross-referenced to this population count from the same year those statistics are from:

http://www.unescap.org/stat/data/syb2011/I-People/Population.asp

578 million is only about 13.8% of the total 4.2 billion population. If we turn that into a pie chart, It would look like this:



Based on that, we can state that majority of Asians are well-nourished. Therefore, your generalization cannot stand. It only looks bad in the other chart because it is combined with the undernourished rate for other regions and since Asia has a higher population, it makes it look as if the undernourished rate is way too high.

10135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 5/1/13 , edited 5/1/13

demongurrl13 wrote:


CLarose wrote:

Got this from http://www.worldhunger.org/articles/Learn/world%20hunger%20facts%202002.htm



You asked for sources... There you go...


578 million people in Asia classified as undernourished. Interesting. However, cross-referenced to this population count from the same year those statistics are from:

http://www.unescap.org/stat/data/syb2011/I-People/Population.asp

578 million is only about 13.8% of the total 4.2 billion population. If we turn that into a pie chart, It would look like this:



Based on that, we can state that majority of Asians are well-nourished. Therefore, your generalization cannot stand. It only looks bad in the other chart because it is combined with the undernourished rate for other regions and since Asia has a higher population, it makes it look as if the undernourished rate is way too high.




What dont you understand? My point was only that people in Asia eat less and that is why they are slim. Here is my original statement:

"The REAL reason that Asians (in Asia) have a "higher metabolism" is because they consume less food than people other parts of the world. As long as anyone is at a caloric deficit they will not be able to gain fat. Thats how it works. Other reasons Asians stay thin and live longer is because they consume a lot of fish that are high in healthy fats and they are more active than people in countries like America... Fat helps you absorb more fat soluble vitamins, strengthens cell membranes and regulate hormone levels."

All of this if FACT. There is NO WAY you can eat "a lot" of food and not gain weight. "Calories in, calories out"

You can say that the amount of people that are malnourished in Asia only represents 13.8% of the total population but that doesnt negate the fact that almost 40% of ALL OF ASIA lives on $1.25 a day and im sure that percentage has dropped over the past 100 years so its safe to say that their eating habits are strongly based off of the fact that a large portion of their population has lived in poverty unlike America where only 2% of the population lives on $1.25 a day. It is true that MOST of Asia is not living in poverty and I misspoke wherever I said that but at the same time a very large portion still lives in poverty to this day and that cant help but contribute to the lack of obesity in the region. Having a "fast metabolism" is bullshit because eating large amounts rice wouldnt make you skinny anyway. As you can clearly see the effects of carbs on America today.

At this point, im done. You two have twisted my original statement about how Asian people arent skinny because they eat a lot of rice (a statement that was not directed to either of you nor did it have anything to do with you) into a debate about how many poor people there are in Asia.
hmm_4x 
24519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 5/1/13 , edited 5/1/13
I never said Asians are not skinny, dunno where that came from :)
I was just having fun lol. I enjoyed the argument man! (:


^ im sad that doesnt work
Moderator XIV
67130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / somewhere that is...
Online
Posted 5/1/13
Yo dudes let's keep it civil, way too many flame posts/trolls/and bouts of insults plus profanity going on in this thread. If you don't agree with another users opinion on this that's cool, but you don't have the right to flame them for it regardless of who is "statistically correct". As a result of all this I had to delete a number of posts.

Remember, treat other users with respect and everyone has fun! Civility is key to a productive forum life at CR.
Posted 5/1/13 , edited 5/2/13


Ah the virtuous circle you need to avoid these days. In the west more fat people are poor http://stocksthatmove.com/investors_health/why_fat.html this is why i don't like your comparison with the west.

I did agree with you that yes there is no sustainable food in the poor countries.

I didn't see your original point to the other guy.

I was wondering why you where trying to push asia on me. For me i was only talking about Japan and the comment wasn't directed to anyone, you quoted me thinking it was a challenge. I just wanted to prove that if people have a choice to eat as much as they want they can.

By the time i noticed i was having a ridiculous argument with you when i have no interest in people's diets.

Lay off with the insults and try to educate me. I'm sorry to have wasted both our times on that day. My mind was clouded by the severity of your claims. I realize it didn't mean anything to me and you are serious. So yes, i do see your points just hope you don't have a problem with the fact that some Asians may eat rice and not get fat and some chose to believe that it's better for them than maybe say junk food. The mentality isn't a problem.

lol sorry about the "you're about that bullshit" statement. I say that to people who take things to another level. It's a good thing i guess.
Posted 5/1/13

CLarose wrote:

What dont you understand? My point was only that people in Asia eat less and that is why they are slim. Here is my original statement:

"The REAL reason that Asians (in Asia) have a "higher metabolism" is because they consume less food than people other parts of the world. As long as anyone is at a caloric deficit they will not be able to gain fat. Thats how it works. Other reasons Asians stay thin and live longer is because they consume a lot of fish that are high in healthy fats and they are more active than people in countries like America... Fat helps you absorb more fat soluble vitamins, strengthens cell membranes and regulate hormone levels."

All of this if FACT. There is NO WAY you can eat "a lot" of food and not gain weight. "Calories in, calories out"

You can say that the amount of people that are malnourished in Asia only represents 13.8% of the total population but that doesnt negate the fact that almost 40% of ALL OF ASIA lives on $1.25 a day and im sure that percentage has dropped over the past 100 years so its safe to say that their eating habits are strongly based off of the fact that a large portion of their population has lived in poverty unlike America where only 2% of the population lives on $1.25 a day. It is true that MOST of Asia is not living in poverty and I misspoke wherever I said that but at the same time a very large portion still lives in poverty to this day and that cant help but contribute to the lack of obesity in the region. Having a "fast metabolism" is bullshit because eating large amounts rice wouldnt make you skinny anyway. As you can clearly see the effects of carbs on America today.


First of all, the conversion rate of money cannot apply here because if you convert that to local currencies in Asia, most of the time, it is sufficient.

Second, the main reason there is a general lack of obesity in Asia is because of the quality of the food. If you look at a typical plate of food you will find in any Asian household, you will most likely see that there is a carb source, some protein, and vegetables. It's not necessarily because we eat less, we just tend to eat better. From my experience growing up in the Philippines, we love to go out to eat.. A LOT! But the food at the McDonald's in the Philippines is VERY different from what you'll find here in the United States. We can order rice and chicken or spaghetti as opposed to just getting burgers. Also, we tend to be a lot more active. So you really can't just attribute it all to "eating less." As I've said, I ate more when I was living in the Philippines and yet I only gained weight when I moved here... What does that tell you? Most people who immigrated from Asia will probably tell you the same thing.

There are a lot of factors that contribute to why Asians are generally slim and one of them, as much as you'd hate it, has to do with our genetic make-up. Everyone is genetically different; therefore, they way food affects our bodies also differ. The amount of food I need to consume over a set period of time in order to become overweight is probably different from the amount another person has to consume. No two bodies run exactly the same. So I don't see why you're attributing that entirely to food consumption. Sure, it plays a big part but it's NOT the only reason nor could it be the MAIN reason.

You still haven't come up with a solid source to justify that Asians generally eat less food. Well, aside from your undying stance on how we're impoverished and don't make as much money..

**You are being very stubborn and this is getting old because you sound like a broken record that makes no sense. You're obsessed with an idea and too blinded to see anything else. I fear it is pointless at this point. I have no knowledge to gain from stubborn ignorance. I'll call it a day and go to bed. Maybe tomorrow I can learn something new.
hmm_4x 
24519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 5/2/13

This is my opinion on this thread!
10135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 5/2/13

Marsev wrote:



Ah the virtuous circle you need to avoid these days. In the west more fat people are poor http://stocksthatmove.com/investors_health/why_fat.html this is why i don't like your comparison with the west.

I did agree with you that yes there is no sustainable food in the poor countries.

I didn't see your original point to the other guy.

I was wondering why you where trying to push asia on me. For me i was only talking about Japan and the comment wasn't directed to anyone, you quoted me thinking it was a challenge. I just wanted to prove that if people have a choice to eat as much as they want they can.

By the time i noticed i was having a ridiculous argument with you when i have no interest in people's diets.

Lay off with the insults and try to educate me. I'm sorry to have wasted both our times on that day. My mind was clouded by the severity of your claims. I realize it didn't mean anything to me and you are serious. So yes, i do see your points just hope you don't have a problem with the fact that some Asians may eat rice and not get fat and some chose to believe that it's better for them than maybe say junk food. The mentality isn't a problem.

lol sorry about the "you're about that bullshit" statement. I say that to people who take things to another level. It's a good thing i guess.


Its all good man, I have no further quarrels with you. All I was ever trying to do initially was tell a guy that his statement of eating rice all day to stay thin was not completely accurate.
2685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / In my room (;
Offline
Posted 5/2/13
I like guys who know how to make me laugh But i wouldn't mind if they were muscular, not overboard though!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.