Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Girls Don't Like Muscular Guys?
10133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 4/27/13 , edited 4/27/13

Marsev wrote:

^ One Asian girl told me it's because she drinks hot water and eats slowly but Asians do eat lot lol


1.) Define a lot
2.) Im talking about Asians overall and for the most part, Asians that live in Asia do not eat a lot when compared to people in other regions.
3.) Also, that whole hot water thing is the dumbest thing I have ever heard... You burn more calories by drinking colder water because your body has to work harder to keep the water from changing your overall body temperature.

That Asian girl was either lying to you or she isnt too keen on what happens in her own body when she puts things in it.
Posted 4/27/13 , edited 4/27/13

CLarose wrote:


Marsev wrote:

^ One Asian girl told me it's because she drinks hot water and eats slowly but Asians do eat lot lol


1.) Define a lot
2.) Im talking about Asians overall and for the most part, Asians that live in Asia do not eat a lot when compared to people in other regions.
3.) Also, that whole hot water thing is the dumbest thing I have ever heard... You burn more calories by drinking colder water because your body has to work harder to keep the water from changing your overall body temperature.

That Asian girl was either lying to you or she isnt too keen on what happens in her own body when she puts things in it.



Man, go to Japan, there is a restaurant every friking spot lol. They love food. All kinds of food and they eat frequently. I think it's not just genetics thou, they are very hard working people. Work longer hours than everyone else.

About the hot water, i think it's a substitute for tea and coffee which are worse for you.
10133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 4/27/13

Marsev wrote:


CLarose wrote:


Marsev wrote:

^ One Asian girl told me it's because she drinks hot water and eats slowly but Asians do eat lot lol


1.) Define a lot
2.) Im talking about Asians overall and for the most part, Asians that live in Asia do not eat a lot when compared to people in other regions.
3.) Also, that whole hot water thing is the dumbest thing I have ever heard... You burn more calories by drinking colder water because your body has to work harder to keep the water from changing your overall body temperature.

That Asian girl was either lying to you or she isnt too keen on what happens in her own body when she puts things in it.



Man, go to Japan, there is a restaurant every friking spot lol. They love food. All kinds of food and they eat frequently. I think it's not just genetics thou, they are very hard working people. Work longer hours than everyone else.

About the hot water, i think it's a substitute for tea and coffee which are worse for you.


Just because there are restaurants everywhere in the one place you went to in Japan doesnt mean that all of Asia eats a lot. We're talking about Asians here, not just the Japanese. That includes a lot of countries and overall, They eat less than other countries, point blank, period. Doesnt matter how often they eat or how many restaurants there are out there. Just because someone eats often doesn't mean that they overeat.

And when you say its a substitute for tea and coffee which are worse for you, what do you mean? Are you saying that coffee and tea are bad for you?
Posted 4/27/13

CLarose wrote:

Just because there are restaurants everywhere in the one place you went to in Japan doesnt mean that all of Asia eats a lot. We're talking about Asians here, not just the Japanese. That includes a lot of countries and overall, They eat less than other countries, point blank, period. Doesnt matter how often they eat or how many restaurants there are out there. Just because someone eats often doesn't mean that they overeat.

And when you say its a substitute for tea and coffee which are worse for you, what do you mean? Are you saying that coffee and tea are bad for you?


Man, i said Asia. Japan is an example. Just because you think they eat less food doesn't make it true. Those countries are getting richer and the food consumption is getting higher. Just because someone doesn't eat often doesn't mean they don't over eat.

What are you saying? Is hot water good for detox? Yeah.
10133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 4/27/13 , edited 4/27/13

Marsev wrote:


CLarose wrote:

Just because there are restaurants everywhere in the one place you went to in Japan doesnt mean that all of Asia eats a lot. We're talking about Asians here, not just the Japanese. That includes a lot of countries and overall, They eat less than other countries, point blank, period. Doesnt matter how often they eat or how many restaurants there are out there. Just because someone eats often doesn't mean that they overeat.

And when you say its a substitute for tea and coffee which are worse for you, what do you mean? Are you saying that coffee and tea are bad for you?


Man, i said Asia. Japan is an example. Just because you think they eat less food doesn't make it true. Those countries are getting richer and the food consumption is getting higher. Just because someone doesn't eat often doesn't mean they don't over eat.

What are you saying? Is hot water good for detox? Yeah.


Japan doesnt represent Asia. Asia is a big region and it is a fact that Asians consume less food than other countries. There are plenty of regions in Asia where the people living in those areas live below the poverty line. Japan is a very bad representation of the poverty in Asia. Tell me how Asians can be consuming more than or just as much as say the people of North America and all of Eastern Europe when there are way more areas in Asia with more countries filled with more people that live below the poverty line??? How does that work exactly??? They may be getting richer and the food consumption may be getting higher but it still isnt as high or higher than North America and much of Europe. I dont think that they eat less food in Asia. I know they do. There are more poor people there.

Also explain how drinking hot water is good for detox and what exactly is it detoxifying in your body??? Also tell me how that would make your metabolism higher. You cant just make statements like that without a valid scientific explanation. That is, unless you're trying to sell a product to dummies who dont know any better...
Posted 4/27/13 , edited 4/27/13

CLarose wrote:

Japan doesnt represent Asia. Asia is a big region and it is a fact that Asians consume less food than other countries. There are plenty of regions in Asia where the people living in those areas live below the poverty line. Japan is a very bad representation of the poverty in Asia. Tell me how Asians can be consuming more than or just as much as say the people of North America and all of Eastern Europe when there are way more areas in Asia with more countries filled with more people that live below the poverty line??? How does that work exactly??? They may be getting richer and the food consumption may be getting higher but it still isnt as high or higher than North America and much of Europe. I dont think that they eat less food in Asia. I know they do. There are more poor people there.

Also explain how drinking hot water is good for detox and what exactly is it detoxifying in your body??? Also tell me how that would make your metabolism higher.


Man you are about that bullshit. What the hell does this have to do with North America and Eastern Europe? If anything goes with your arguments, i give up. This has nothing to do with this thread. You can have this.

About hot/warm water being good for detoxing, you have google, look it up if you are so interested.
10133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 4/27/13 , edited 4/27/13

You said that Asians eat a lot. What are you comparing that amount to??? A lot compared to what? Sounds like youre about that bullshit because you must have confused yourself.

I figured you wouldn't have an explanation off the top of your head for why drinking hot water is good for detoxing because you dont really know what you're talking about. You must be one of those people who just hear things and never compares the info to anything else and just take it for law seeing as how you think that because you know one Asian that eats a lot (in your weak opinion) and you translate that into meaning that all Asians eat a lot.

Its funny that im all of a sudden bout that bullshit because I can explain my rationale and you cant explain yours. You shouldn't try to argue your stance on something if you don't really have any legit explanation or reason to think what you think. Just saying...
Posted 4/27/13 , edited 4/27/13



What motivates a lot of restaurants to open all over Asia? Demand. Sure thing there are a lot of poor areas and okay good point.

There is a direct correlation between how much you pay for food and how much you eat. Japan, South Korea and China are spending less on food nearly as much as Britain, US and France http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2013/03/daily-chart-5

http://www.jillslist.com/blog/?p=2887 <-- hot water.


Btw i was just trying to find a middle ground. A lot as in not little. Compared to what? The extreme and absolute believe you have. There is nothing i know for sure.

I really don't care enough but my information is mainly from stuff i've studied a long time ago.
10133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 4/27/13 , edited 4/27/13

Marsev wrote:





What motivates a lot of restaurants to open all over Asia? Demand. Sure thing there are a lot of poor areas and okay good point.

There is a direct correlation between how much you pay for food and how much you eat. Japan, South Korea and China are spending less on food nearly as much as Britain, US and France http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2013/03/daily-chart-5

http://www.jillslist.com/blog/?p=2887 <-- hot water.


Btw i was just trying to find a middle ground. I argued the opposite because your argument was extreme. There is nothing i know for sure.

I really don't care enough but my information is mainly from stuff i've studied a long time ago.




This has nothing to do with eating more. That article is simply saying that in more developed countries, people spend less of their income on food and more on luxuries. All that is comparing is how much money people have in their pockets to spend on things, not how much food a person consumes. It only makes sense that someone in India will have to devote more of their income to food if they dont have that much income to begin with... Whos about that bullshit????

My argument is not extreme. Bottom line is this: People with considerably less money than others dont eat as much food as the people with more on average. If you have less money, you are less prone to overeating. Its very simple. There are just "a lot" of poor areas in Asia. There are much MUCH more poor areas and they are WAY more poor than the poor of any country in Europe or North America.

And about the hot water link... No where in that literature does it say that drinking hot water over cold water provides more of a detoxing effect. All it says is that drinking water that is closer to the body temperature is better for you than drinking cold water because your body doesnt have to work to regulate its temperature but I already said that! Yes! Water does detox your body by giving your body a medium in which to excrete the toxins that your body accumulates over time. Yea! Thats why we pee and poop, sir. This is biology 101. I was under the assumption that you were saying that drinking warm/hot water detoxifies your body in some other way. Cold water will do the same job and have the same result, only difference is that cold water will cause you to burn a very slight amount of more calories.
Posted 4/27/13 , edited 4/27/13
135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 4/27/13

CLarose wrote:


aznskater14 wrote:


DudeItsMark wrote:


aznskater14 wrote:

when the guy gets older all the muscle he use to have is extra space for fat lol.. unless u keep ur diet . so have fun girls XD id rather stay slender if anything , abs is built in since im just skinny .


abs on a skinny guy is like boobs on a fat girl, it doesn't count.

lol


1 that's gross , 2 not true 0.0 its not like im not athletic at all lol even though i watch anime alot and eat alot .. im just Asian XD and most of us have high metabolism since all we really it is rice and it tricks you saying that your full is funny XD cause rice expands in your stomach and makes u feel full when you really didn't really eat alot.

anyway genetics play a role in our life 0.0 being skinny is easy for anyone with good genetics but harder for people with not so great genetics . also depends on what you think is great and not great . just be happy with yourself it'd just be harder for someone with genetics that they get from parents with slow metabolism . itd be harder for them to be skinny and alot of effort and a anime watcher like me / or otaku whatever you wanna call it is very lazyyyyy ;P



That isnt true. Rice doesnt "trick" you into thinking you are full. That is not true at all... LMAO!!! Its also not true that Asians have a higher metabolism than others. *Sigh* Lets set the record straight once again, shall we...

1.) Brown rice is a slow digesting carbohydrate, therefore, it takes longer for the body to process that food and it keeps your blood sugar at a regulated level for a longer period of time so you dont have to eat as much to stay satisfied for a more substantial period of time. It is true what you said about it expanding in your stomach, though. Rice retains water very well.

2.) White rice is processed and has much of the nutrients stripped from it so it is a fast digesting carbohydrate and it makes your blood sugar spike then drop in a short amount of time. That isnt good for you and can lead to diabetes if you are prone to getting it. Fast digesting carbs do just that, digest fast and leave you hungry for more.

The REAL reason that Asians (in Asia) have a "higher metabolism" is because they consume less food than people other parts of the world. As long as anyone is at a caloric deficit they will not be able to gain fat. Thats how it works. Other reasons Asians stay thin and live longer is because they consume a lot of fish that are high in healthy fats and they are more active than people in countries like America... Fat helps you absorb more fat soluble vitamins, strengthens cell membranes and regulate hormone levels.

Also... Having a slow metabolism is so rare that it might as well not be a legit excuse for being fat at all. You genetics do play a role in how you put on weight and what your macro-nutrient ratio should be but most people say they have a slow metabolism because they don't know what they should be eating, they are too sedentary or both. Sleep is another factor that can contribute to being fat too. If you don't get enough rest it has a considerable effect on your health.

Most of this information was taught in biology and in health class kids... or you can just watch the Hodge twins and Chris Jones on youtube...



Well lets agree on something you like anime i like anime xD , ive been lied to my whole life about rice , and asians eat healthier than americans. But who knows not like you know all this 100%sure abut all this
24436 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
69 / M / point of singularity
Offline
Posted 4/27/13
i get way more attention now then when i was skinny minny or fat....of course most girls like a guy that takes care of his body...we are men we have much higher testosterone we have broad shoulders and muscular chests bigger arms and a wider back...thats just how it goes...girls ask to touch my stomach all the time for the hell of it like around the hip espeacialy....
13161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/27/13
Academic research has shown clearly the impact of a V- shaped shoulder to waist ratio on women's views of men. This applies to the waist to hip ratio for women in a more hourglass shape.
http://psych.colorado.edu/~cuchangelab/pdfs/bryan/2006/femalehipratio.pdf

What this means in reality is that if you are not naturally blessed with shoulders 1.5-1.6 times your waist, then working out by lifting weights is well worth your time. It does not mean that you should become a bodybuilder, just that increasing the width of your shoulders and losing girth around your midsection does wonders for attractiveness. Lower body fat/ perceived as healthy = smaller waist, and more masculine = broader shoulders.

Given that waist size is the denominator, losing weight around your midsection will have the greatest results on perceived physical attractiveness. After a normal range is achieved in the midsection for your height and build, then work on your shoulder/chest area.

2 step path that is scientifically proven to increase attractiveness.
2742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Canada eh
Offline
Posted 4/27/13
^

My shoulders are wide as hell. It makes me look monstrous.

I'm 6'3" and weigh around 270 lbs. People get so surprised when I tell them that I'm 17. On top of that, I'm Filipino and everyone knows that Filipinos are short (around 5'5" average)
Lupa7 
38044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Mexico
Offline
Posted 4/27/13 , edited 4/27/13
I love me some muscular men, but there is a limit for me. Can't look like they can squeeze off my head between bicep and forearm. Sigh some of those men have bigger chest than women.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.