First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Post Reply Taller girls dating Shorter guys
Posted 4/25/13

ChewysPeanuts wrote:

I'm a short guy. I'm 5'5". Sometimes there's that girl your interested in who's taller than you. Guys and girls, give me your input on this matter. If the guy is shorter than the girl, is that a negative? Will that sometimes prevent a relationship from happening?


After watching the Lovely Complex anime I don't think height matters anymore in a relationship. I'm about 5'10'' I think? I'm definitely not tall but not short either I guess.
13494 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / SoCal
Offline
Posted 4/25/13
Depends on the girl. some wont care and some might find it strange. then again i'm 6'3" so i rarely have this problem
37564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Hotaru-verse
Offline
Posted 4/25/13

Kanade_Yagami wrote:


kizna-chan wrote:

I'm 5'7" and I dated a guy that was 5'4"... it didn't last long.
I didn't like leaning down to kiss him, it was awkward!
I felt kinda bad since he was a great guy and really cute,
however, I just couldn't get over that awkward feeling every time we kissed.
We only dated for a couple weeks so I don't think he was to upset about our break-up.
Since then, the shortest guy I dated was 5'11", I don't want to date another guy that's shorter then me again.


That's kind of insensitive, what if a guy broke up with you for the same reason, because you were too short?


So your telling me I should've keep dating him so as not to hurt his feelings a screw how I felt? I don't think so. Btw, I've never been called short but if someone I was dating (he wasn't my boyfriend btw) felt awkward every time we kissed, it would make me start to feel awkward as well and I'd most likely want to move on. Life is to short to stick with someone who doesn't do it for you just so you don't hurt them. It's not like I think, yuck short guy's are gross, but are you telling me I shouldn't care what someone looks like, everyone has things they find attractive and for me one of those things is guys who are taller then me. I'm not going to apologize for it!

Also, it did kinda bother me that he was shorter then me when we met but I was hoping I'd get over it, that wasn't the case. Also if someone wants to break up with me I don't think the reason matters, it's not going to change anything, why would I want to stay with someone who doesn't want to be with me, whatever their reason?

Just so you know, he wasn't distraught, he didn't go off in a corner and start sprouting mushrooms and crying in is tea. We're still really good friends and have been for almost 10 years!!
14602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 4/25/13

kizna-chan wrote:


Kanade_Yagami wrote:


kizna-chan wrote:

I'm 5'7" and I dated a guy that was 5'4"... it didn't last long.
I didn't like leaning down to kiss him, it was awkward!
I felt kinda bad since he was a great guy and really cute,
however, I just couldn't get over that awkward feeling every time we kissed.
We only dated for a couple weeks so I don't think he was to upset about our break-up.
Since then, the shortest guy I dated was 5'11", I don't want to date another guy that's shorter then me again.


That's kind of insensitive, what if a guy broke up with you for the same reason, because you were too short?


So your telling me I should've keep dating him so as not to hurt his feelings a screw how I felt? I don't think so. Btw, I've never been called short but if someone I was dating (he wasn't my boyfriend btw) felt awkward every time we kissed, it would make me start to feel awkward as well and I'd most likely want to move on. Life is to short to stick with someone who doesn't do it for you just so you don't hurt them. It's not like I think, yuck short guy's are gross, but are you telling me I shouldn't care what someone looks like, everyone has things they find attractive and for me one of those things is guys who are taller then me. I'm not going to apologize for it!

Also, it did kinda bother me that he was shorter then me when we met but I was hoping I'd get over it, that wasn't the case. Also if someone wants to break up with me I don't think the reason matters, it's not going to change anything, why would I want to stay with someone who doesn't want to be with me, whatever their reason?

Just so you know, he wasn't distraught, he didn't go off in a corner and start sprouting mushrooms and crying in is tea. We're still really good friends and have been for almost 10 years!!


Okay, so you gave it a chance and it didn't work out and were both fine with that. I never said you shouldn't care what a person looks like though. To me it seems trivial to break up over such a matter, since the height difference is pretty small. Though I guess I can see why since you said you would rather be with taller guys anyway. I was merely stating my opinion and asked what you thought if put in the same position.
16925 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/25/13
It's a stupid double standard. there is nothing wrong with it at all.
18724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / California
Offline
Posted 4/25/13
I'm tall (5'10.5") and I've dated shorter guys in the past. I honestly don't see anything wrong with it, BUT I don't date guys that are chest height or shorter.
Overall, it's honestly people's preferences
730 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/26/13
It's just a popular preference with women and there are many exceptions to this. Just like how long hair on women is popular with most men and often enough, so are shorter women. I don't like when people will use such preferences to not give someone a chance, but it is what it is. It might be shallow but at the same time, I respect that people's preferences get a say in selection. I disagree on the tribal theory though as they've actually found tribes where height was never an important factor in a relationship.
Posted 4/26/13
I'm around 5'10, i date tall girls, in heals they are taller ;).
63829 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Where the heart is
Offline
Posted 4/26/13
The woman's going to have to be 6'5" to be taller than me, but to be able to look into her eyes without looking down? Priceless
Posted 4/26/13

Mumshy wrote:

I'm 5'9'' and wouldn't mind being with someone taller than me. It shouldn't really matter. If you like someone, go for it.



sadami wrote:

I'm 6' and I think it's gross.


Just to clarify my understanding. You think being 6ft is gross or dating shorter guys is gross? Because a lot of female models are 6' tall and I don't find tall women gross unless they have muscle tone like Biske from HxH.





Thanks a lot for the picture. Excuse me while I gouge my eyes out.
Posted 4/26/13
If u love each other go for it. Don't freak out over what other people's opinion. Date whoever the hell u want to. Either they be short, tall, chubby, fat, skinny, same sex, opposite sex or of a different race. Forget all them people who judge others for who they are or who they r with. Everyone deserves love. I'm shutting up now... I'll just keep going on and on if I let myself.
28233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 4/26/13 , edited 4/26/13
My husband is 5'3" and I'm 5'4"

edit:

In all honesty, I wish I was shorter! And that has nothing to do with my husband being shorter than me
23313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Your Cookie Jar
Offline
Posted 4/26/13

kritter09 wrote:

If u love each other go for it. Don't freak out over what other people's opinion. Date whoever the hell u want to. Either they be short, tall, chubby, fat, skinny, same sex, opposite sex or of a different race. Forget all them people who judge others for who they are or who they r with. Everyone deserves love. I'm shutting up now... I'll just keep going on and on if I let myself.


I love your opinion :3
13657 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/26/13
I don't think looks or gender should matter. As long as you love each other, and find each other beautiful in each other's eyes, then you both should be golden. ♥

Besides... I think it's absolutely adorable when a gal is taller than her man.
Posted 4/26/13

Sammy_Doo wrote:


kritter09 wrote:

If u love each other go for it. Don't freak out over what other people's opinion. Date whoever the hell u want to. Either they be short, tall, chubby, fat, skinny, same sex, opposite sex or of a different race. Forget all them people who judge others for who they are or who they r with. Everyone deserves love. I'm shutting up now... I'll just keep going on and on if I let myself.


I love your opinion :3


Hehe, thanks.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.