First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Kill or be Killed...which button would you press!?
9332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 4/25/13
That Red Button Bros
47284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / US
Offline
Posted 4/25/13
Where is the suicide button?

Do you know that the military is trained to shoot hostages? They are. Whenever an evildoer gets his way, it encourages him to do more evil. THAT is the real reason never to negotiate with terrorists/hostage takers.

Being uncooperative is the only rational choice. So what if you die? By playing the game, you only encourage the nutjobs to play again.
18941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/25/13
Lol as another poster has said, this very much resembles Virtue's Last Reward.
18234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 4/25/13
*presses red button*
39659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Southern Oregon
Offline
Posted 4/25/13
Blue I rather die then have the blood of an innocent on my hands. However if I was someone of importance (like a world leader or something like that) then I would go for the red one (I would also make sure the other person was given a hero's funereal for their noble sacrifice).
15049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / U.S
Offline
Posted 4/25/13
I'm a nice guy so I would press the blue button........ I think..... lol
87109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
94 / M / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 4/25/13
i would press the blu..... red button instantaneously
4020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 4/25/13 , edited 4/25/13
RED BUTTON
16404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / California (Bay A...
Offline
Posted 4/25/13
No hesitation. I'll press RED
14024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Vancouver, Canada
Offline
Posted 4/25/13
Blue, I don't value my life more as the other person, They probably also want to live more than I do. This is not to say I hate myself I just don't fear death.
26291 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Toledo
Online
Posted 4/25/13 , edited 4/25/13

otakurocklee wrote:


justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


otakurocklee wrote:

Say you were in a room with a stranger. You both have guns on your person, but neither of you have taken out the gun yet. Plus you each know the other person has a gun. Other than that you don't know anything about the other person.

You wouldn't just pull your gun out and shoot the other person in fear that he would do the same thing to you would you?


Another situation that is different from the original situation. Obviously being in a room with the other person makes it much more personal and you have a lot more insight as to what the correct choice is going to be. If he looks like he is freaking out then yes I might very well shoot him. I have no reason to take chances with someone who looks unstable. If he looks like he is going to to be rational though then there would be no reason for me to shoot. I really hope you aren't thinking that the answer should be the same for both scenarios since they are just too different.


Ok. How about this situation then? You're in a hotel room. You're stuck there for the weekend with no way out. Someone else is in another hotel room, stuck there for the weekend.

You're told that your room has a button will zap and kill the guy in the other hotel room. You know nothing about the other person other than that he's been given the same information as you.

Do you press the button?


If the hotel is one of the worst ones ever...yes. If it is a decent hotel, then no I wouldn't mind getting stuck there for the weekend.


Akira123 wrote:

BLUE BUTTON
I can guarantee you that every single person saying "RED BUTTON" has found themselves overlooking the fact that things are easier said than done. The situation seems justified when examining it beforehand, but actually finding yourself in that place would take serious contemplation. You may think that the fact that the person is a stranger suddenly means you won't be guilty, however it is the fact that you do not know the person that will cause you to constantly wonder who it is that you killed, which will ultimately cause the guilt.

In other words, you think being in that situation would cause you to instantly think about your own survival, but in reality, the first thing you would worry about when facing this predicament is whether or not you are mentally and emotionally capable of killing another human being. Think about that.


I disagree completely. Easier said than done if I had to shoot or inject the person myself sure but the fact is in this situation it is pushing a button. I have pushed buttons countless times and I would just separate it in my head and consider it more or less a game. If it is just pushing a button and walking out of a door all I will think about is how that button did nothing more than cause the door to unlock/open. You might like to think that the first thing we would think about is whether we could kill or not but in reality we would just most likely switch over to following our instincts which is our own survival. Such situations though would be so absurd I would not only hit the red button but I would walk away smiling and whistling because I would never be able to fully believe that it was real and not staged in some way. Hell, give me a red button and say my life isn't in any danger but the button will kill someone and I will still probably press it just to see if anything really does happen. If someone halfway around the world gets killed because of it I wouldn't know. Show me pictures of a person or video of them dying and I will just call it fake.
9332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 4/25/13

Like this?
12391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / C.A. near L.A.
Offline
Posted 4/26/13
the blue pill or the red pill. hahahhahaah i ll choice red cuz i like it better then blue
21561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Northern California
Offline
Posted 4/26/13 , edited 4/26/13
While the scenario as presented suggests very little ambiguity in the possible outcomes (e.g. you die, they die, you both live) there also exists the possibility that the person(s) engineering this scenario are lying about the outcomes. In other words, it's possible that if either of you presses the red button, then both of you will die. Most people in this thread seem to have taken it for granted that the information given is 100% true, and responded along those lines. But if you've been kidnapped and put in this situation, why should your abductor(s) have to be completely honest with you?

And yes, that means that the possibility of both of you dying, should either of you press either of your buttons, must also exist. There is nothing to guarantee that either of you will survive, regardless of your chosen option.

Given those possibilities, I'm inclined to choose blue. At least it's been suggested that someone may not die die if that gets chosen, while red seemingly guarantees it.

Tiger and Bunny spoiler below, you've been warned:

26291 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Toledo
Online
Posted 4/26/13

Spazticus wrote:

While the scenario as presented suggests very little ambiguity in the possible outcomes (e.g. you die, they die, you both live) there also exists the possibility that the person(s) engineering this scenario are lying about the outcomes. In other words, it's possible that if either of you presses the red button, then both of you will die. Most people in this thread seem to have taken it for granted that the information given is 100% true, and responded along those lines. But if you've been kidnapped and put in this situation, why should your abductor(s) have to be completely honest with you?

And yes, that means that the possibility of both of you dying, should either of you press either of your buttons, must also exist. There is nothing to guarantee that either of you will survive, regardless of your chosen option.

Given those possibilities, I'm inclined to choose blue. At least it's been suggested that someone may not die die if that gets chosen, while red seemingly guarantees it.


Obviously it is possible that both people will die regardless of which button they choose because of lying. We have only the given information to go off of though so in order to maximize the probability of surviving, based on the provided information, red is the only logical choice.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.