First  Prev  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  Next  Last
Post Reply 2012 ★ BATTLE
Kill la Moderator
AHTL 
77656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Norway
Offline
Posted 5/5/13

chrome_mist wrote:

[ 4 ] God's Gift : Our Salvation - Easily the best anime of 2012. The production, direction and music were top-notch. The story arcs weren't of the best writing but still enjoyable. And Oreki is simply my favorite character of 2012, Jesus's anime counterpart to be quite honest. This anime has little to no flaws at all, like God himself.


[ 3 ] Girls und Panzer - Just started watching this and it's really cute. I know for sure it's much more enjoyable than the series below.
[ 2 ] High School DxD - Surprisingly popular for an overdone theme for a harem anime. Watched a couple of episodes and it just wasn't for me.


Sounds legit, I'll just roll with your reasons as I haven't seen any of the shows yet.

*rolls around*

High School DxD kinda looks like trash to me.

38275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 5/5/13
Not much of a contest this time around.

4 - Hyouka
(Good characters, decent story) + (KyoAni) + (DxD or Panzer as alternatives) = 4

3 - Girls und Panzer
Pretty enjoyable

2 - High School DxD
Was trying to cut back on Anime to save some of my free-time: this was on of the cuts. I haven't seen it.
24883 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Ar
Offline
Posted 5/5/13
4. Hyouka (Great series. Oreki was an interesting character and it was nice to see how Citanda and him interacted)
3. Girls und Panzer (who would've thought girls battling in tanks would be so cool. Really wanted to give this a 4 but Hyouka is here)
2. High School DxD (this one could be a three too [I'll be looking forward to season 2] but its hard to put this higher than the two above)
28547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M / Quirm
Offline
Posted 5/5/13 , edited 5/5/13
This round-by-round thing makes for some interesting choices...and (not just) Japan needs to understand the the way to beat piracy is to simply provide a better product offering: a more available service with higher quality. Maybe they are making a start with Daisuke, whenever that shows up, but they are really slow to the gate.

4 - Hyouka (Because I was curious. I liked the beginning but wish they would have stayed with episodal detective stories. And although still enjoyable, I liked the club origin/school mystery episode arc less for some reason. And, the ending didn't have the closure I wanted, but maybe left it open so that there could be a new season with Chitanda's fixation needing to be satisfied via a detective agency or something. That said, I still loved this series and wish it was possible for Crunchy to pick it up so I could rewatch it in HD)

As for the other two, I saw them as a choice between moe, which I have a hard time liking even with a plot, and ecchi, which if done with at least some plot can still be OK. So:

Edit, oops... Have to change this now...

3 - Girls und Panzer. giving this a 3 instead even though I couldn't get past the first episode, which I saw as Upotte, escalated. Blob cuteness is too saccharine for me, there needs to be a mix of character types (and you could leave out the loli ones, both female and male). These kinds of shows just tend to give me diabetes.

2 - HSDxD Unlike OTD, this one didn't have any redeeming values, so I'm putting girls ahead of it, even though I would prefer to give them both 1's...
19857 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Offline
Posted 5/5/13

asharka wrote:

This round-by-round thing makes for some interesting choices...and (not just) Japan needs to understand the the way to beat piracy is to simply provide a better product offering: a more available service with higher quality. Maybe they are making a start with Daisuke, whenever that shows up, but they are really slow to the gate.

4 - Hyouka (Because I was curious. I liked the beginning but wish they would have stayed with episodal detective stories. And although still enjoyable, I liked the club origin/school mystery episode arc less for some reason. And, the ending didn't have the closure I wanted, but maybe left it open so that there could be a new season with Chitanda's fixation needing to be satisfied via a detective agency or something. That said, I still loved this series and wish it was possible for Crunchy to pick it up so I could rewatch it in HD)

As for the other two, I saw them as a choice between moe, which I have a hard time liking even with a plot, and ecchi, which if done with at least some plot can still be OK. So:

3 - HSOTD - for well-done zombies and artwork, and an apocalyptic world. The last few episodes had some actual romance, I thought. If they would have toned down the fanservice, this would still have had a show worth watching underneath. Plus Saeko (psycho?) is a kick-ass, take no prisoners type of character, right up there with Revy, Balsa, and Erza. If I like a character, I can put up with a lot of other elements in a show.

2 - I couldn't get past the first episode, which I saw as Upotte, escalated. Blob cuteness is too saccharine for me, there needs to be a mix of character types (and you could leave out the loli ones, both female and male). These kinds of shows just tend to give me diabetes.



you have strayed abit there. HOTD isnt in this round Highschool DxD is completely different anime >.> might wanna change that

28547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M / Quirm
Offline
Posted 5/5/13

maffayoo wrote:
you have strayed abit there. HOTD isnt in this round Highschool DxD is completely different anime >.> might wanna change that


Fixed, thanks for pointing that out...
19857 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Offline
Posted 5/5/13

asharka wrote:


maffayoo wrote:
you have strayed abit there. HOTD isnt in this round Highschool DxD is completely different anime >.> might wanna change that


Fixed, thanks for pointing that out...



np but you put it last might wanna re edit it up
4279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / somewhere on mars
Offline
Posted 5/5/13
4-Hyouka (I loved this series. The plot was interesting, and the characters were pretty decent)
3- Girls und Panzer (I've never gotten around to watching this series, but it looks okay.)
2. High School DxD (Haven't watched it. Don't want to)
28547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M / Quirm
Offline
Posted 5/5/13

maffayoo wrote:
np but you put it last might wanna re edit it up :P


Nah... DxD was just a harem as AHTL said, it wouldn't have survived without the ecchi... I couldn't finish either DxD or GNP, and wish they would both fall out, but I guess that'll make it easier for me to rank one of the later rounds, since mathematically one or the other of them will pass.
70677 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Irish/German - Am...
Offline
Posted 5/5/13
4 Hyouka

the other 2 get no points from me and shouldn't be near Hyouka at all
19857 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Offline
Posted 5/5/13

asharka wrote:


maffayoo wrote:
np but you put it last might wanna re edit it up :P


Nah... DxD was just a harem as AHTL said, it wouldn't have survived without the ecchi... I couldn't finish either DxD or GNP, and wish they would both fall out, but I guess that'll make it easier for me to rank one of the later rounds, since mathematically one or the other of them will pass.



i do dislike harems but this one was interesting i enjoyed it ecchi romance my sort of thing harems piss me off though when u cleary see who he likes and then everytime they are going to kiss or do something the rest of the bitches turn up like yeeeee we stop ur passionate moments

rosario + vampire.. im looking at you.
One Punch Mod
47831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 5/5/13

stark700 wrote:
3. High School DxD - I kinda of turned my brains off when I watched it but being a LN reader and all, I actually kinda enjoyed this. Unfortunately though, not as good as Girls und Panzer or Hyouka imo.
2. Girls und Panzer - didn't pay attention much at first. I got more into this series later on but find it occasionally bore. However, the latter half of this series got my attention quite a bit so ...

Was this intentional? For me, your ranking doesn't match your reasons. HSDxD "not as good as Girls un Panzer," yet you rank it higher.



141756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 5/5/13 , edited 5/5/13

lorreen wrote:


stark700 wrote:
3. High School DxD - I kinda of turned my brains off when I watched it but being a LN reader and all, I actually kinda enjoyed this. Unfortunately though, not as good as Girls und Panzer or Hyouka imo.
2. Girls und Panzer - didn't pay attention much at first. I got more into this series later on but find it occasionally bore. However, the latter half of this series got my attention quite a bit so ...

Was this intentional? For me, your ranking doesn't match your reasons. HSDxD "not as good as Girls un Panzer," yet you rank it higher.


Oh I forgot to edit my post in that part.

They're both technically the same level for me on enjoyment. I guess reading the LN made me enjoy High School DxD slightly more. I'll edit that part now (the ranking stays the same though) but I started enjoying Girls und Panzer more in the second half. High School DxD was entertainment for me that ranked slightly ranked higher than Girls und Panzer imo.

Basically, I had Girls und Panzer originally at #3 and High School DxD #2 before thinking it over again; just forgot to edit the second part of my opinion for the latter.
16627 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 5/5/13
Why are we starting at 4 when there's only 3 choices? Anyway...

4 - Hyouka: Since you're calling it "HyouGOD", I don't think this requires much explanation. Great mystery writing and character interactions.
3 - Girls und Panzer: I don't really do the sports anime thing, but it's a semi-unique concept, and they're certainly upfront about it being an excuse to watch cute girls drive tanks.
2 - Highschool DxD: A very generic-looking highschool harem fanservice anime. Never watched, but I doubt there's much else to say about it.
79244 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/5/13 , edited 5/5/13
4 high school dxd the protagonist gets knocked down, gets right back up and stay true to his ideals

3 girls and panzer it is not about the tank not about friendship nor war, it is about having a good time fish dancing. in all seriousness it was executed very well and very good.

2 hyouka if many of you do not know. I avidly and gallantly defended how hyouka is not that good of an anime. I finished that anime and am entitled to give it a 2. Ice cream ladies and gentleman.
First  Prev  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.