First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Post Reply Attack on Titan Reviews
1042 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 5/1/13
I'm really liking Attack on Titan so far. I haven't watched Gargantia yet, but I'll be sure to check it out since so many of you seem to enjoy it.
38564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Hotaru-verse
Offline
Posted 5/1/13

Aryth wrote:

I honestly think that Gargantia is the anime to watch this season, but it is definitely true that this anime went way beyond my expectations and continues to do so. (One of the best build-up stories I've ever seen).


I totally agree with you, about Gargantia, everyone should watch it!

I don't even like mech anime and Gargantia is my favorite new show! In fact I think there are several show out this season that are better then AoT, like The Devil is a Part Timer and Mushibugyo. However, I do enjoy AoT immensely!! I think the problem for me was all the hype. I had really high expectations and while I think the story as pretty awesome, I just thought it would be, I don't know, more I guess. I don't have anything bad to say about it, it's just a really good anime. Don't get me wrong, it's still in my top 5 new shows but I thought it was going to be number one!
16629 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 5/1/13

albinogrimby wrote:
Attack on Titan's okay. I'm worried that it's more like a Romero-type zombie flick where the Titan's aren't the enemy, it's just humanity versus itself, and as much as that's interesting on it's own right and as much as I appreciate it from a storytelling perspective, I want my ultraviolence, schadenfreude, and intense action that I was promised from the PV and the first two episodes.


Yeah, I kinda suspect this is where it's going. We don't have any hints as to where the titans originally came from, other than the fact that they're creepy humanoids, so most likely they were created by an apocalypse cult or something.

For me, Attack on Titan is a huge pile of narm...I don't know how people can take it seriously. But I guess I'm just not a connoisseur of ultraviolence. Gargantia's been great so far, though.
16561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 5/1/13
in terms of personal preference, Devil Is a Part Timer is what i'm enjoying the most this season. Though Attack On Titan has actually got me reading the manga and i'm someone who never reads manga.
11005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 5/1/13
If only it is available in Australia
73302 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 5/2/13
Gargantia and Attack on Titan are my go-to anime for this season <3
I can't wait for AoT to catch up with the manga; it gets a lot more intense than it is now.
35495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/2/13
Attack on Titan is a good series, but it isn't THAT good. The story is very base and the characters are pretty generic. Admittedly the artwork is great and the animation is phenomenal though. The original manga for Attack on Titan is honestly pretty mediocre. The anime adaptation admittedly has brilliant production values. If you ask me, it's a good show, but not the best show of the year, or the season for that matter. Suisei no Gargantia is a much better show in my opinion.
35495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/2/13

hpulley wrote:


crick180 wrote:

I like Gargantia over the rest this season. Attack on Titan is a great anime but hopefully it's only one season because the violence and mood is so intense for an on-going anime.


I prefer Gargantia as well but it is only 12 episodes while Attack on Titan is 25 so you will be seeing it for quite a while...


"Gargantia is only 12 episodes"
[citation needed]
Aryth 
41211 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Nashville
Offline
Posted 5/2/13

kizna-chan wrote:


Aryth wrote:

I honestly think that Gargantia is the anime to watch this season, but it is definitely true that this anime went way beyond my expectations and continues to do so. (One of the best build-up stories I've ever seen).


I totally agree with you, about Gargantia, everyone should watch it!

I don't even like mech anime and Gargantia is my favorite new show! In fact I think there are several show out this season that are better then AoT, like The Devil is a Part Timer and Mushibugyo. However, I do enjoy AoT immensely!! I think the problem for me was all the hype. I had really high expectations and while I think the story as pretty awesome, I just thought it would be, I don't know, more I guess. I don't have anything bad to say about it, it's just a really good anime. Don't get me wrong, it's still in my top 5 new shows but I thought it was going to be number one!


Yeah, to me, AoT was exciting right out of the gate, but now it's slowing down and I'm not all that comfortable with the sudden change in pace (hopefully episode 5 proves me wrong). Though, if they've been unable to kill titans for centuries and are now suddenly able to do so, the excitement will be there, just... not as much.
23655 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/2/13 , edited 5/2/13

albinogrimby wrote:

My pick this season isn't even from this season but it started airing on TV in Japan: Battleship Yamato 2199. It's a damn shame that CR doesn't have it, because it's good. If you think an anime version of Star Trek meets Battlestar Galatica (reboot) is cool you should check it out.

Also, Little Witch Academica. I'll watch 12 more episodes of that.



GOOD CHOICE!!!! Crunchyroll NEEDS TO PICK THIS UP, whether it's a catalog title in the future or a late simulcast.

Liking both Titan and Gargantia but Gargantia slightly edges it for me in terms of world building and character development

125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 5/2/13 , edited 5/2/13
mmmm mostly what puts titan ahead for me is two negatives i have with gargantia


second the skimpy clothing, always a negative to me. neither of these stop me from watching but they bug me, though the first one unexpectedly for some reason just really really strikes a nerve with me.

EDIT: edited for spoilers my bad for not catching it initially was sleepy
23561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / København
Offline
Posted 5/2/13
50529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/2/13

HimuraKenshin_Battosai wrote:


hpulley wrote:


crick180 wrote:

I like Gargantia over the rest this season. Attack on Titan is a great anime but hopefully it's only one season because the violence and mood is so intense for an on-going anime.


I prefer Gargantia as well but it is only 12 episodes while Attack on Titan is 25 so you will be seeing it for quite a while...


"Gargantia is only 12 episodes"
[citation needed]


You know what, I was sure that it was only twelve but now I am not 100% sure. This ANN article says so far. Only 3 BD boxes of 4 episodes each have been solicited so far which is usually a good indication that it is only 12 episodes but if it were split cour then there could be more...
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-03-30/i.g-gargantia-blu-rays-to-include-original-video-anime

MAL also lists only 12 episodes:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/16524/Suisei_no_Gargantia

And so does ANN:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=14961

But I can't find anything on the official page that says just 12:
gargantia.jp
38564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Hotaru-verse
Offline
Posted 5/2/13 , edited 5/2/13

Bazak wrote:



First off his name is Ledo and I think they had every reason to be upset with his decision to wipe out all the pirates. If you remember they didn't ask him to help, it was Amy who decided, on her own, to ask him to save Bellows. The rest of them knew what the consequences would be and didn't think it was worth risking everyones life for a handful of people. As far as them being upset with him killing all of them, I kinda see your point. However, to me It seems realistic but that's because I've grown up in a place where we don't just kill the bad guys, we at least give them a trial first. Though, if you recall, Bellows thanked him for helping her and her crew, she didn't seem to mind in the least that he killed them. As for their clothing choices, I think they're perfectly suited to their environment, It'd be weird if they were dressed in more clothes. I'm sure clothing is hard to make since they have very limited resources. To sum up, I think your being nit picky too...lol
689 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / AU
Online
Posted 5/2/13 , edited 5/2/13

hpulley wrote:


HimuraKenshin_Battosai wrote:


hpulley wrote:


crick180 wrote:

I like Gargantia over the rest this season. Attack on Titan is a great anime but hopefully it's only one season because the violence and mood is so intense for an on-going anime.


I prefer Gargantia as well but it is only 12 episodes while Attack on Titan is 25 so you will be seeing it for quite a while...


"Gargantia is only 12 episodes"
[citation needed]


You know what, I was sure that it was only twelve but now I am not 100% sure. This ANN article says so far. Only 3 BD boxes of 4 episodes each have been solicited so far which is usually a good indication that it is only 12 episodes but if it were split cour then there could be more...
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-03-30/i.g-gargantia-blu-rays-to-include-original-video-anime

MAL also lists only 12 episodes:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/16524/Suisei_no_Gargantia

And so does ANN:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=14961

But I can't find anything on the official page that says just 12:
gargantia.jp


It seems to be 14 episodes according to this list: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/04/18-1/what-japanese-consumers-are-paying-for-this-seasons-anime
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.