Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply So Kuruyukihime i think she's the daughter of Kirito and Asuna, Discuss
18665 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United Kingdom.
Offline
Posted 5/2/13

Insomnist wrote:

This could be explained if Kazuto and Asuna were in any way consciously removed from reality during Kuruyukihime's early childhood (or dead). This probably would've left her in the care of Asuna's family, who has already been established as not being the most observant group of adults in the universe (while also being particularly wealthy).

This might also explain Kuruyukihime's early desperation to reach level 10 if that in some way might save her parents.

I've only watched half of Accel World though; this might not hold water.

It'd be an interesting simultaneous reveal, though. If in a new SAO book something happens to Kazuto and Asuna, and soon after in a new Accel World book they fill you in on how that meshes with Kuruyukihime's early storyline and how that has motivated her actions (and her dark hero callousness) in Accel World up to this point.


Brilliant theory I like that something could definitely have happened to Kirito and Asuna and if she was indeed left in the care of Asuna's family that would not create a great upbringing.

Yes it would give a lot more behind her motivations that right now seem rather selfish and just power hungr, while I like Kuroyukihime it is rather bad character trait that she seemingly has no reason for trying to get to that level, if this where to revealed to be the case it would make Kuroyukihime a better character as she just wants to save her parents.
18665 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United Kingdom.
Offline
Posted 5/2/13

Gettnlag wrote:

Okay hehe so I have a few thoughts. First off the timeline matches up nearly perfectly if Kirito and Asuna were in their early twenties when they had a kid. Second Alicization isn't finished and things get very very different there, so as far as very different personalities for kirito and Asuna, well I can see this as a possibility. Third her name kuroyukihime means black snow princess. The theory here being that black being derived from her father the black swordsman, princess coming from Asuna, and my explanation for yuki, well I have no idea . We also know that her real name is not Kuroyukihime and in the anime a close friend of hers shouts out "Sacchan" at the final episode. Chan is a suffix added to a name that shows a relationship between people, by dropping this it leaves us with Sac which I believe is short for Sachi ( The girl from the moonlit black cats way back in SAO). I think she could be named this because it is a name with significance for Kirito. Other names would be either Yuuki or Yui. Yuuki is the girl in mothers rosario who has a huge impact on Asuna and Yui is their adopted virtual daughter. Yui is still around however and I don't believe if they had a daughter they would give her the same name as they would their virtual one. Anyways I do hope to see Asuna and kirito in Accel world, but i am not entirely sure if they are kuroyukihime's parents or not.

As to wether or not Alicization is finished is based on the fact that I sadly do not know much japanese and the newest light novel is not available in english yet


Surely Yuki comes from her "mother" because Asuna's first name is Yuuki so to me the loose end is the Hime in her "nickname"

I don't know if her real name is Sachi or not it would be a nice name but you have to remember when she asked Haru to call her by her full name she also specifically stated that its quite similar to her nickname...
30254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 5/2/13

manic221 wrote:
Sbecause Asuna's first name is Yuuki so to me the loose end is the Hime in her "nickname"


.. Asuna is her first name.. her LAST name is Yuki. Same as her father..

18665 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United Kingdom.
Offline
Posted 5/2/13

Arsenette wrote:


manic221 wrote:
Sbecause Asuna's first name is Yuuki so to me the loose end is the Hime in her "nickname"


.. Asuna is her first name.. her LAST name is Yuki. Same as her father..



Whoops lol and it's Yuuki with two u's not one, Don't know why i thought her first was Yuuki oh well
30254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 5/2/13

manic221 wrote:


Arsenette wrote:


manic221 wrote:
Sbecause Asuna's first name is Yuuki so to me the loose end is the Hime in her "nickname"


.. Asuna is her first name.. her LAST name is Yuki. Same as her father..



Whoops lol and it's Yuuki with two u's not one, Don't know why i thought her first was Yuuki oh well


Actually it's 結城 Yūki
186 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/2/13
Yep, the name ''Kuroyukihime'' is a big fucking hint, Kirito and Asuna are probably her parents.

Timeline is perfect for it, and kirito wanted to develop the Virtual Reality further so he could be the inventor of the Brain Burst.

Its pretty damn obvious.
18665 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United Kingdom.
Offline
Posted 5/2/13 , edited 5/2/13

Arsenette wrote:


manic221 wrote:


Arsenette wrote:


manic221 wrote:
Sbecause Asuna's first name is Yuuki so to me the loose end is the Hime in her "nickname"


.. Asuna is her first name.. her LAST name is Yuki. Same as her father..



Whoops lol and it's Yuuki with two u's not one, Don't know why i thought her first was Yuuki oh well


Actually it's 結城 Yūki ;)


Might want to watch the anime again, read the novel or check the sword art online wiki or any other site you trust her name is Yuuki.

Edit: I stand corrected just checked myself again... Either way I've seen it spelt both ways...
30035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/2/13 , edited 5/2/13
Yūki and Yuuki mean the same thing in this situation...

They both designate a long vowel sound (in this case 'ew' as opposed to 'uh').

Because even in Japanese naming your kid 'Yucky' would just be mean.

The hyphen-like thing hovering over the vowel is called a macron (meaning 'long') because it was important to steal descriptive words from Greece when you wanted to sound prestigious back whenever someone decided to label it.

Edit:

It seems there are different rules for different Japanese romanization standardizations; using a macron follows the Hepburn romanization system (Hebon-shiki Rōmaji) which is the most widely used for/among non-Japanese speakers.

It's still possible to end up with 'uu' in this system but not when it denotes a long vowel.

(I'll happily accept criticism of anything I wrote up there, but it should all be fairly consistent with modern usage).
15645 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / England
Offline
Posted 5/2/13 , edited 5/2/13
this would make like kirito and asuna around 30-40 years old if im right sounds about right considering kuruyukihime is about 16-18 not really sure makes sense in the age gap its a total possibility that they could be personally i think she has the same eyes as asuna and kiritos hair colour its a possibility maybe the writer put it like this for a reason so people would debate this only he knows i guess

i mean think about it same universe and all she kind of has both there traits and the age difference of her age and kirito and asuna age for when she was born makes sense
18665 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United Kingdom.
Offline
Posted 5/2/13


Interesting thank you very much
18665 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United Kingdom.
Offline
Posted 5/2/13

maffayoo wrote:

this would make like kirito and asuna around 30-40 years old if im right sounds about right considering kuruyukihime is about 16-18 not really sure makes sense in the age gap its a total possibility that they could be personally i think she has the same eyes as asuna and kiritos hair colour its a possibility maybe the writer put it like this for a reason so people would debate this only he knows i guess

i mean think about it same universe and all she kind of has both there traits and the age difference of her age and kirito and asuna age for when she was born makes sense


This is exactly what i thought when i first came across the theory...
15645 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / England
Offline
Posted 5/2/13

manic221 wrote:


maffayoo wrote:

this would make like kirito and asuna around 30-40 years old if im right sounds about right considering kuruyukihime is about 16-18 not really sure makes sense in the age gap its a total possibility that they could be personally i think she has the same eyes as asuna and kiritos hair colour its a possibility maybe the writer put it like this for a reason so people would debate this only he knows i guess

i mean think about it same universe and all she kind of has both there traits and the age difference of her age and kirito and asuna age for when she was born makes sense


This is exactly what i thought when i first came across the theory...



makes perfect sense but people will deny it unless it is told in one of the animes or said by the writer himself

but it makes complete sense the age difference is good meaning they would of had kuruyukihime around age 25-29 or so not really sure cant be asked to work it all out but it makes sense she does resemble them both in a way

also i heard the main character in accel world is 1 of the most hated in anime is this true? i can see why he pisses me off nearly as much as mokato from school days
15645 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / England
Offline
Posted 5/2/13

maffayoo wrote:


manic221 wrote:


maffayoo wrote:

this would make like kirito and asuna around 30-40 years old if im right sounds about right considering kuruyukihime is about 16-18 not really sure makes sense in the age gap its a total possibility that they could be personally i think she has the same eyes as asuna and kiritos hair colour its a possibility maybe the writer put it like this for a reason so people would debate this only he knows i guess

i mean think about it same universe and all she kind of has both there traits and the age difference of her age and kirito and asuna age for when she was born makes sense


This is exactly what i thought when i first came across the theory...



makes perfect sense but people will deny it unless it is told in one of the animes or said by the writer himself

but it makes complete sense the age difference is good meaning they would of had kuruyukihime around age 25-29 or so not really sure cant be asked to work it all out but it makes sense she does resemble them both in a way anyone who denies the resembalence and possibility is quite idiotic

also i heard the main character in accel world is 1 of the most hated in anime is this true? i can see why he pisses me off nearly as much as mokato from school days


30035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/2/13 , edited 5/2/13
I really think this is a neat idea, but also remember the author intentionally jumped a generation between stories. Which would make Kuruyukihime the perfect age to be Kazuto and Asuna's kid (along with every other kid of her generation) because that's how jumping a generation works. So while her age makes it possible, it alone doesn't make it probable.

I hope it's true either way though, it'd be a very cool tie-in.
18665 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United Kingdom.
Offline
Posted 5/2/13

I really like Haru he makes me laugh But Kuroyukihime is the highlight of the show for me, Truly putting both SAO and Accel World together i'd have a really tough time choosing one cause honestly for me they are absolutely brilliant.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.