First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply So Kuruyukihime i think she's the daughter of Kirito and Asuna, Discuss
15454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/4/13 , edited 5/4/13

manic221 wrote:


RolexKid wrote:


if only the anime stated blood types that should put an end to the controversy.

anyways, i still don't see the relationship link based on physical traits


You honestly don't see it? She has very similar eyes to Asuna and her hair colour is practically identical to Kirito's she has very similar traits to both her "parents" in her complete determination to accomplish her goal.


"Science provides answers"

First, let me clarify some things:



according to this pic
kirito-gray eyes
asuna-bronze eyes
kurohime (for short)-brown eyes

now, there is clearly a difference in eye color.

some biology:

phenotypes are inherited from parents and are "identical" to the parents.

there may be some cases of incomplete dominance occurring in humans, for example long nose + short nose resulting in bent nose.
however this is not the case for eye colors; another example, if two parents mate blue eye + green eye, they won't have a turquoise eyed baby. which means kirito and asuna can only have a gray/bronze eyed baby, not brown(and this is from the assumption one of the parent's gene is heterozygous)

this is the reason why i don't see the relationship link of the three based on physical characteristics, but don't take me too seriously, because after all it is an anime.
35201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/4/13 , edited 5/4/13
Both Asuna and Kuroyukihime are referred to as having hazel eyes in their source material.

Seems relevant.
20681 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United Kingdom.
Offline
Posted 5/4/13


Hime clearly has bronze eyes besides theirs no such thing as bronze eyes therefore Asuna's eyes are brown they just look lighter in that picture because she's in direct sunlight Hime's are also brown.

I realise both of those are basically the same things in reverse but basically what I'm saying is in real life you can't have bronze eyes... So they must be brown... But if you must insist their bronze them Hime's eyes still look identical to Asuna's
15454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/4/13

Insomnist wrote:

Both Asuna and Kuroyukihime are referred to as having hazel eyes in their source material.

Seems relevant.


it's an assumption based on that picture
12218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/4/13 , edited 5/4/13

manic221 wrote:


MyMelody1 wrote:

I don't really see the resemblance..


How do you not see the resemblance? Did you see the picture on my first page in case you didn't here it is again...



She has Asuna's eyes and the same colour hair as Kirito plus she has pretty similar values and mannerisms...

as maffayoo there isn't a right or wrong answer it's fun to speculate but the resemblance really is uncanny.


I did see the picture. It is true that she has the same hair color as Kirito, however, the shape of her face and eyes tells me otherwise. I do see where you're coming from, and I admit, maybe I did judge the picture a little harshly...

But it is fair to say that it wouldn't be impossible. It's definitely not a bad assumption.
20681 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United Kingdom.
Offline
Posted 5/4/13

Insomnist wrote:

Both Asuna and Kuroyukihime are referred to as having hazel eyes in their source material.

Seems relevant.


Oh really? Cool I knew they both looked brown(hazel) on that picture... Really must get round to reading the light novel... Seen as theirs still no confirmation of second seasons yet...
20681 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United Kingdom.
Offline
Posted 5/4/13


Really? To me her facial structure looks very similar to Kirito and Asuna she has the same pointy chin, her eye shape is similar it's just Asuna is squinting in the picture due to concentrating on the fight... Plus the difference in artists/art style of the two studios could easily explain the eye shape away as studio preference... It would probably be more relevant to get illustrations from the light novels and compare.
15454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/4/13

manic221 wrote:

Hime clearly has bronze eyes besides theirs no such thing as bronze eyes therefore Asuna's eyes are brown they just look lighter in that picture because she's in direct sunlight Hime's are also brown.

I realise both of those are basically the same things in reverse but basically what I'm saying is in real life you can't have bronze eyes... So they must be brown... But if you must insist their bronze them Hime's eyes still look identical to Asuna's


like i said don't take me too seriously, the eye colors in asuna and hime is different in my opinion

let me correct myself, in reality the should only be brown eye color, but i was applying a biological principle to an anime......which is pretty silly on my part

anyways this is my reasoning as to why i do not see the resemblance, however since this is an anime everything should be open for speculation
35201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/4/13
At this point I think it boils down to:

1) Is there a reasonable argument for this to be fact, and
2) Would the author -want- it to be fact?

Since my personal assessment is an affirmative on both counts, my opinion is rather cut and dried.

But still admittedly could be entirely wrong.
20681 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United Kingdom.
Offline
Posted 5/4/13






Certainly a fun speculation ^^ these pictures are perhaps more relevant then the anime...
15454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/4/13

Insomnist wrote:

At this point I think it boils down to:

1) Is there a reasonable argument for this to be fact, and
2) Would the author -want- it to be fact?

Since my personal assessment is an affirmative on both counts, my opinion is rather cut and dried.

But still admittedly could be entirely wrong.


all speculations are fair game until the author says so
35201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/4/13

RolexKid wrote:

let me correct myself, in reality the should only be brown eye color, but i was applying a biological principle to an anime......which is pretty silly on my part

Maybe for the anime adaptations and franchise art, but I think it'd be pertinent to the original books if the author did have this in mind. If he's laying tracks in that direction he'd want to keep the ground clear where he's headed.

So I don't think it was entirely silly.
20681 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United Kingdom.
Offline
Posted 5/4/13 , edited 5/4/13

RolexKid wrote:


manic221 wrote:

Hime clearly has bronze eyes besides theirs no such thing as bronze eyes therefore Asuna's eyes are brown they just look lighter in that picture because she's in direct sunlight Hime's are also brown.

I realise both of those are basically the same things in reverse but basically what I'm saying is in real life you can't have bronze eyes... So they must be brown... But if you must insist their bronze them Hime's eyes still look identical to Asuna's


like i said don't take me too seriously, the eye colors in asuna and hime is different in my opinion

let me correct myself, in reality the should only be brown eye color, but i was applying a biological principle to an anime......which is pretty silly on my part

anyways this is my reasoning as to why i do not see the resemblance, however since this is an anime everything should be open for speculation


Well when we bring in the illustrations from the light novel you get an even clearer resemblance due to it being (I suspect) the same artist where as here where comparing two different studios, two different art styles and several different artists... I'm having fun anyway I don't mean to defend the point so crazily because as you say it's completely open for speculation and has already been said their is no right or wrong answer. I am very much enjoying the discussion though thanks for everyone who's taken part so far!
16920 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Tallahassee, Florida
Offline
Posted 5/4/13 , edited 5/4/13

RolexKid wrote:


manic221 wrote:


RolexKid wrote:


if only the anime stated blood types that should put an end to the controversy.

anyways, i still don't see the relationship link based on physical traits


You honestly don't see it? She has very similar eyes to Asuna and her hair colour is practically identical to Kirito's she has very similar traits to both her "parents" in her complete determination to accomplish her goal.


"Science provides answers"

First, let me clarify some things:



according to this pic
kirito-gray eyes
asuna-bronze eyes
kurohime (for short)-brown eyes

now, there is clearly a difference in eye color.

some biology:

phenotypes are inherited from parents and are "identical" to the parents.

there may be some cases of incomplete dominance occurring in humans, for example long nose + short nose resulting in bent nose.
however this is not the case for eye colors; another example, if two parents mate blue eye + green eye, they won't have a turquoise eyed baby. which means kirito and asuna can only have a gray/bronze eyed baby, not brown(and this is from the assumption one of the parent's gene is heterozygous)

this is the reason why i don't see the relationship link of the three based on physical characteristics, but don't take me too seriously, because after all it is an anime.


I hate to burst your science bubble but you are ignoring recessive genes. My parents both have brown hair and eyes. I have blonde hair and blue eyes. Even when comparing eye and hair color to my sister and my parents, her eyes are much darker than theirs.

So it is entirely possible for the child to have a lighter brown shade( or "bronze " in your example) from the darker shades of the parents.

Another example to use would be hair color. Due to red hair being a recessive gene, their child wouldn't have red hair unless kirito was a carrier of the recessive gene. When using my example, I have blonde hair and blue eyes because somewhere in the genetic makeup of both my parents, they carry the recessive genes, essentially making blonde hair/blue eye combo a 1/4 chance when mixing the nonsense up.

I guess I was trying to get at their kid would in all likelihood have black hair, I don't know about grey eyes but I assume that is a recessive trait as well, giving her a brown shade of eyes. Physically she has the "correct" attributes to possible be the offspring of Kirito and Asuna.
15454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/5/13 , edited 5/5/13

HatredGlory wrote:


RolexKid wrote:


manic221 wrote:


RolexKid wrote:


if only the anime stated blood types that should put an end to the controversy.

anyways, i still don't see the relationship link based on physical traits


You honestly don't see it? She has very similar eyes to Asuna and her hair colour is practically identical to Kirito's she has very similar traits to both her "parents" in her complete determination to accomplish her goal.


"Science provides answers"

First, let me clarify some things:



according to this pic
kirito-gray eyes
asuna-bronze eyes
kurohime (for short)-brown eyes

now, there is clearly a difference in eye color.

some biology:

phenotypes are inherited from parents and are "identical" to the parents.

there may be some cases of incomplete dominance occurring in humans, for example long nose + short nose resulting in bent nose.
however this is not the case for eye colors; another example, if two parents mate blue eye + green eye, they won't have a turquoise eyed baby. which means kirito and asuna can only have a gray/bronze eyed baby, not brown(and this is from the assumption one of the parent's gene is heterozygous)

this is the reason why i don't see the relationship link of the three based on physical characteristics, but don't take me too seriously, because after all it is an anime.


I hate to burst your science bubble but you are ignoring recessive genes. My parents both have brown hair and eyes. I have blonde hair and blue eyes. Even when comparing eye and hair color to my sister and my parents, her eyes are much darker than theirs.

So it is entirely possible for the child to have a lighter brown shade( or "bronze " in your example) from the darker shades of the parents.

Another example to use would be hair color. Due to red hair being a recessive gene, their child wouldn't have red hair unless kirito was a carrier of the recessive gene. When using my example, I have blonde hair and blue eyes because somewhere in the genetic makeup of both my parents, they carry the recessive genes, essentially making blonde hair/blue eye combo a 1/4 chance when mixing the nonsense up.

I guess I was trying to get at their kid would in all likelihood have black hair, I don't know about grey eyes but I assume that is a recessive trait as well, giving her a brown shade of eyes. Physically she has the "correct" attributes to possible be the offspring of Kirito and Asuna.


you should really read before you post as all the comments are of speculations and assumptions

first let me state that I did take reccesive genes into consideration and decided it is not worth it, as i just wanted to explain my reasoning as to why i think they don't look alike.

brown eyes cannot can NOT change colors due to not containing EYCL1 or EYCL 3 genes but may change shades SLIGHTlY depending on how much light is focused into the iris. however according to the pic that's a pretty dark shade.

we do NOT know the phenotypes/genotypes of kirito's parents nor that of asuna's mother so anyone can assume kirito or asuna could be homozygous dom/recess or heterozygous for that 'bronze' eye colors. as none of that is stated in the anime.

now we can do all kinds or trees and crosses and say that she can have bronze eyes, but you're simply doing the same as me, and assuming they carry a certain genotype.

but again i feel like i need to reiterate that this is an 'anime' and you're trying too hard to prove a point.



First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.