First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
grades, what would you do for em?
5197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Amurka
Offline
Posted 1/25/08

KingSnakeX4 wrote:


siththomas wrote:


KingSnakeX4 wrote:

It just depends on the circumstances, really.

For example, back in high school, I was so fed up with repeating damn math class that I have to cheat on final exam by hiding the formulas in my calculator and that's it for me.

But most of the times, grades is only reflecting the motivation, it just doesn't reflecting on true intelligence.

I despise my high school because everyone is so willingly to whoring themselves out for that precious 5.0 (Yes, it's possible if you're taking nothing but AP and Honors classes).

Cheating is just not cool, that is all.


It's not possible to get higher than a 4.0, it doesn't matter f you're taking AP classes.


Well, my high school is charter and completely independent of the district so they can set their own standards, which I find bit ridiculous. Some genius kids let me look at their transcript and I was really shock to see that they have 5.0 and I told them how they did that. They replied that they took AP and Honors for duration of their high school career, collecting scholarship money, and complete each year's project to the highest standards, which I can never achieved.

Honestly, I find 5.0 GPA to be bit of a masturbatory.



AP classes are still one class and if you pass all your classes it's a 4.0 they probably scanned their transcripts and edited the numbers.
2871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F / メリランド
Offline
Posted 1/25/08
LOL, I've done a lot of stuff to keep that honor roll (>3.5 GPA) I've cheated on tests, stolen/cheated homework, skipped class sick, skipped school sick, and maybe even bribed a few people (for essays lol). Overall I keep a 3.7 and usually a 4.0 but... yeah, sometimes I have trouble. But that didn't stop me from becoming Valedictorian :P


EvenGodDoesntKnow wrote:

Anything except the dirty! :D


LOL, probably.
5463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 1/25/08
I wonder has any girls Blown their teachers/professors for A's?
5463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 1/25/08

dj_catmix wrote:

nowadays it seems that schools are giving away As in todays education world, scandals like teachers helping kids cheat on the sats to counselors rubbing out bad grades

my history teacher in particular has a nack for getting into these situation,
a few days ago he decided to sit the whole class down and tell us his sad story.
it seems long ago he used to be a good teacher worthy of awards and praise,
always helping those who seem like their trying and just cant make it to the top.
this was his standard, to help those who need it,
but with the leap to the new century he got into trouble.
as it seems all the students in the schools were worried about were grades
they shun political, social, ethical, and envoirnmental issues in favor of obtaining a 4.00.
he didnt believe that a student's life was only to make that A in that test or hand in projects like used cell phones.
so he opted to teach his class cultural issues spreading his insight and giving abstract quizes that test wit and logic.
saddly many student failed and he was thrown into bouts of depression and rage.
soon parents were demanding better grades for low test scores, students complained about his strict standards, and one student even threatened to sue if she didnt get the so desired A with sexual harrasment charges.
then he just crashed no longer wanting to teach he made the students do book work and handed those who complained As till the were out of his hair.
after that experience he became bitter and angry at the system and wanting nothing more than to retire and end his suffering.
so i ask you this, in this day and age have you ever tried to use your rights and liberty to get what you want in school and or ruined some1's life?


In the LAUSD a teacher cannot fail more than half a class three times. So most teachers who care about the job would fail 1/3rd of their class. Schools get messed up if they have to low test scores so Administrator would bother teachers who had student complaints or would fail to many students.

The Teachers Union-I am a part of the Union-Is great if you are a Teacher if you aint it sucks one reason the Teacher Union sucks is that the Administration cannot Terminate a teacher who has been at a school for 4 years (Makes Tenure) for complaints about their teaching style. Unless they use the words Nigger or Faggot when they teach. (Chink. Japs or Beaners are not Termanation words). Teachers who are Terminated have to have done something against the Law or were found helping their class cheat on tests.
Posted 1/25/08
YUP, i have done crime to get my straight As. well, i gave my socials teacher treats last time so he'll give me more time on a project..LOLZ In my school, its pretty easy, you can still have all the free time you want with good grades
2212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / back in cr
Offline
Posted 1/25/08

note wrote:

The teachers I liked, the ones with fun classes, always got in trouble. If a lot of your students get A's the teacher gets investigated. The teachers can get suspended without pay as punishment.

Oh yeah, uh I wouldn't give sexual favors for grades


actually your right, i forgot so say that during that speech he also mentioned how he lost either way since the parent would complained to him about how thier sons or daughter should have gotten a btter grade(even though they only scored a 50 on the test)
and when he gave out those grades the school disrict would complain to him about giving out so many As!
397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Makai
Offline
Posted 1/25/08
i dont think it's right to try to get an A with anything but my own merit. i find it annoying when my mother urges me to ask and pester my teachers for extra credit if i am in the B range. i disagree with her completely. if my work is only worth B-standard, i should work to improve myself, not beg for extra credit or blame my teacher for my grade. although, i did get a D in my first semester French because my teacher lost one of my tests....O-o
373 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 1/25/08 , edited 4/21/08
teachers shouldnt pass out A's but they should atleast make it alot easier to learn, goodness, some teachers make it so hard that everyone fails and learns nothing, which is sad...
17471 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA atm
Offline
Posted 1/25/08 , edited 4/21/08
one thing i got to say is if u aint got wat it takes then leave it already n get a life(srry no disrespect). As far as teachers go if they are doing good job teaching the class then good praise them if not make them change or make them leave especially in bad cases(though the teachers union just makes it worse n administration make it worse). too many students are not wilin to put their effort like their life depends on(well, u kno wat i mean). if they don't have it n only disturb or bother a good teaching environment move them out. i mean look at some people-young women that are single mothers with two kids jogglin 2 jobs n still go to school n still get their BA, or MASTERS or somthin with excellent grades get better job n pay n life all do it because they got the will to make a better life n somthin of themselves. it is reality. If i didn't work for it then i don't wont it. to relie on somebody for somethin u supposed to do urself or cheap things like cheatin is for losers who jump n never fly to the heavens. n for some reason most have low self-esteem, respect n real pride to begin with. if a get A-, i get mad not bent out of shape. its a matter of pride-why settle for A- when there is A+ to reach. I love challeges sometime thrilled because it is a lot more fun getting there great urself than getting cheap trick to go nowhere.

1535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50
Offline
Posted 1/25/08 , edited 4/21/08
I think we shouldnt blame the teacher
my parents never blame the teacher if i got bad grades
i believe that to get good grades its all depend on us
but sometime i think teacher also pay an important role
i have a bad math teacher.she kindda sux cuz sometime she
didnt understand what she's teaching.lols
somehow i can score her subject
my both of my parents had hard life during childhood
but they manage to be successful person
12707 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
75 / F / - whereever i w...
Offline
Posted 1/25/08 , edited 4/21/08
i would never blackmail =\ it's doesn't feel right..
1549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / 私の秘密世界・・・
Offline
Posted 1/25/08 , edited 4/21/08
I won't do anything stupid for A's.

What I'll do is study.

1331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 1/25/08 , edited 4/21/08
People get bad grades either because they don't work for it, or their teacher is from hell. The latter is rarely the case though.

I never used to work for my grades, so what I got what I deserved and didn't have good grades. Now I work my ass off, and it's definitely paying off. I nearly had straight A's last semester.
28337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Interweb
Offline
Posted 1/28/08 , edited 4/21/08
i'm scared of doing anything other than work for my grades. once my teacher asked if i wanted a higher grade and i turned it down cuz i knew i got a grade i deserved. ...i could've gotten a free 3%...
7111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F / California
Offline
Posted 1/28/08 , edited 4/21/08
huh...id study for them..
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.