Post Reply Evangelion Rebuild Theories *WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!*
15071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Charlotte
Offline
Posted 5/2/13
So, 3.33 came out recently in Japan(waiting for my copy) and re-watched 1.11 and 2.22. I noticed some things mainly in 2.22 that made me come up with some theories about the Eva rebuild universe. I was wondering if people came to some similar or interesting conclusion. I hope this will be a fun debate or discussion between Eva fans. Also hoping it's in the right place to post a discussion about this.



These are some ideas I had while watching the show, for all I know could be wrong. Please feel free to comment or debate. I hope this turns into a fun topic.
6553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/19/13
Shinji doesn't actually exist, he's a collective hallucination.
19484 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 6/20/13
I believe the Rebuilds are Shinji's retribution for his self-centered actions, only caring about himself when everyone is suffering. This is basically proven with the latest installment 3.33. What greater punishment is there for Shinji than being absent while Asuka had been comatose for quite some time!!!

As for the punchline in case you haven't caught on
6553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/20/13
How is he being punished? He got to jam with Kaworu! And besides, it was Asuka's own damn fault for being comatose in the first place. I will not defend Shinji's actions in the original but I certainly will in the rebuilds.
49164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 6/20/13
I just want a Shinji and Asuka kissing scene that isn't so depressing.
19484 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 6/20/13 , edited 6/20/13

Angerudusto wrote:

How is he being punished? He got to jam with Kaworu! And besides, it was Asuka's own damn fault for being comatose in the first place. I will not defend Shinji's actions in the original but I certainly will in the rebuilds.


Ya and wasn't that quite the mind blowing experience!


Shrapnel893 wrote:

I just want a Shinji and Asuka kissing scene that isn't so depressing.


Read Evangelion Re-Take, still depressing as is the norm with Evangelion, but it has a bittersweet end
9024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 6/20/13
How did I never notice the difference in the colors of the ocean before?! now I have to go back and rewatch rebuild so far AND the series,..
6553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/20/13
I don't know how serious you're being, but I do enjoy a good mind f- more than most people.
19735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / San Francisco Bay...
Offline
Posted 6/20/13

Chespin wrote:



These are some ideas I had while watching the show, for all I know could be wrong. Please feel free to comment or debate. I hope this turns into a fun topic.


That's kind of what the plot for Evangelion Re-Take is like. That's probably one of the most well-known and thought of doujinshis there is. It's very good and definitely worth a read, but be prepared for an out of character Rei. That said, onto the actual discussion.



49164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 6/20/13 , edited 6/20/13

TheSarcasticOne wrote:

Read Evangelion Re-Take, still depressing as is the norm with Evangelion, but it has a bittersweet end


Oh yeah I know about Re-Take (read both versions), I meant in 4.0

One can hope, yeah?


ndalum75 wrote:


That's kind of what the plot for Evangelion Re-Take is like. That's probably one of the most well-known and thought of doujinshis there is. It's very good and definitely worth a read, but be prepared for an out of character Rei. That said, onto the actual discussion.





You must be logged in to post.