Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Anyone else want a "dubbed" anime genre?
5601 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Outer Space
Offline
Posted 5/3/13
I really prefer dubbed anime, but it isn't in the genres. I know some of the anime on here is dubbed and not subbed..... Anyone else want a dubbed anime genre so it would be easier to find anime in english?
23199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Elsewhere
Offline
Posted 5/3/13 , edited 5/3/13
Not really...it'd be pointless. Subbed anime on this website is faaaaar more superior than dubbed anime here, for some stupid reason.

I prefer dubbed as well, even though there are far less of those than there are subbed in general, not just on Crunchyroll.

Just use this: CR's English Dubbed Anime

Although it's unlikely that you'll find anything good.
5601 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Outer Space
Offline
Posted 5/3/13
yeah idk how anyone can prefer subbed anime.
64471 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/3/13 , edited 5/3/13

Yeah, I don't know how anyone can prefer dubbed anime.


it kinda works both ways
6425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / California
Offline
Posted 5/3/13
Nope, only a handful of titles I enjoy dubbed but that other 95% must be subbed!
Posted 5/3/13
Some anime have really good dubs, but I don't think any that CR has have really blown me away.
One Punch Mod
41286 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Online
Posted 5/3/13 , edited 5/3/13

GaIaxy wrote:

I really prefer dubbed anime, but it isn't in the genres. I know some of the anime on here is dubbed and not subbed..... Anyone else want a dubbed anime genre so it would be easier to find anime in english?

I don't.

Because

1. I prefer sub to dub
2. There's a forum thread that lists them

But, if you would like to suggest this, then the place for that is here:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-4/suggestions-read-the-first-post

ETA: discussion is going in a dub v. sub direction, and there's is an existing thread for that:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-791559/what-do-you-guys-prefer-dub-or-sub

7376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Jacksonville, Texas
Offline
Posted 5/3/13

GaIaxy wrote:

yeah idk how anyone can prefer subbed anime.


Well, as someone who prefers subbed anime, I have found that the Japanese voice actors/actresses are far better overall than their English counterparts, or at least to me. So much of the time the English voices sound too unnatural or unbefitting of their characters. I also don't like how dubbed anime for some reason feel that they have to adjust the pronunciation of the Japanese names, not always for the better. (Looking at you Clannad.) On sites like Hulu and even with the DVDs I have purchased, when given the choice between the dubbed and the subbed (as in both versions are available), I almost always go for the sub.
hmm_4x 
22519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 5/3/13

Ink-e wrote:

Some anime have really good dubs, but I don't think any that CR has have really blown me away.


I agree, black butler, FMA (not brotherhood) Spice and Wolf. These are animes I refuse to watch in sub. I feel like those shows have to be in english
Posted 5/3/13

hmm_4x wrote:


Ink-e wrote:

Some anime have really good dubs, but I don't think any that CR has have really blown me away.


I agree, black butler, FMA (not brotherhood) Spice and Wolf. These are animes I refuse to watch in sub. I feel like those shows have to be in english


Hellsing: Ultimate had amazing dubs as well. Brotherhoods dubs for the main cast were great (As they were the same as in FMA...) But the side characters weren't quite as amazing.
17903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 5/3/13

GaIaxy wrote:

yeah idk how anyone can prefer subbed anime.


There are lots of reasons one would prefer subbed anime. Take Japanese wordplay, for instance. Clever writers make the most of their language, and so much of it will get lost in the dub. Comedy animes almost always have to do gag dubs that completely change the jokes, or some of them would just fall flat. For series like Gintama or Bakemonogatari, both of which are so wonderfully and completely Japanese, having them in English wouldn't even make sense.

There's also the use of honorifics, funny and flamboyant Engrish, accents in general (I can't stand how they make Osakans either sound Southern or from New York in dubs), and words that don't translate well or at all (like "baka" and different forms of "desu")

I can't tell quite as much if a Japanese voice actor is bad, but I can't help but be critical of any American voice actor, lol

And, if nothing else, I've always thought that animes were meant to be in Japanese, if you know what I mean.
17120 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Oregon
Offline
Posted 5/3/13
I enjoy sub a lot more than dub, alot of the times the dub is just awful. Example: Naruto.

That's not saying I don't enjoy some anime in dub, but even the ones I enjoy in dub are just as good in sub.

With the exception of Dragon Ball Z, my god, Japanese voices ruined my childhood.
hmm_4x 
22519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 5/3/13 , edited 5/3/13

Ink-e wrote:


hmm_4x wrote:


Ink-e wrote:

Some anime have really good dubs, but I don't think any that CR has have really blown me away.


I agree, black butler, FMA (not brotherhood) Spice and Wolf. These are animes I refuse to watch in sub. I feel like those shows have to be in english


Hellsing: Ultimate had amazing dubs as well. Brotherhoods dubs for the main cast were great (As they were the same as in FMA...) But the side characters weren't quite as amazing.

Check this out if you enjoy Evangelion --->


Hellsing does have amazing dubs, I cant argue with that one either. I know there are more animes where dubs should just feel "right".
Do you know what I mean?
5601 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Outer Space
Offline
Posted 5/3/13
meh. i prefer awful to not in my language. and the girls always sound like theyre 4 and being molested
15003 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 5/3/13
I honestly sometime prefer to hear it dubbed. Someone reported your forum.................

People get offended by the smallest things that arn't even offensive lol.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.