First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply If you had the option to choose your gender
14498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / SoCal
Offline
Posted 5/19/13

MadDog0 wrote:

id choose to be a girl cus they get it easy, things bought for them etc.. and i cant write my other reason for why i think i would get banned


I have a couple of my guy friends who got it pretty easy too. One of my friends is dating a woman a bit older than her and she seriously takes care of everything for him. Its really strange but oh well, whatever works for them.
49152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 5/19/13
A Borg.
22658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 5/19/13
I'd want to be a guy.
30391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Livingston, Louis...
Offline
Posted 5/19/13
If I had the option? Eh...I dunno if I'd toss my manhood for the life of a woman.

Forgive my long explanation. I can't type short. It is physically impossible for me to type short. So if you hate to read, skip this. It's habitual. Also, I tangent frequently. ADHD, buds. Suck it.

This is gonna sound terribly sexist, but all my racism and sexism is far from ill-intentioned, I was just raised in some very horrible environments, so forgive my blatant disrespects or vulgar comments and/or stereotypes regarding the other gender.

If given the chance, I might go back and change my gender to a female. My grandmother rules the house with an iron fist, and although I'm never going to be whipped when it comes to marriage(her hold on the house is about as hard as my will), I'd love to become a woman just so I can see my- woman-life- man bow down to me in respect without question. Oh, and I'd love to sap all his money. And run off and have the best time of my life without any responsibility.

My views on marriage are very warped too. Family business. I have my reasons.

Maybe this is how my mother feels?

Kids? No biggie. Whether your a guy or a gal, you do play a part in both lives. Women stay at home and tend the homefront and deal with the kids. Men work their asses off all day so their kids and wives can spend all that money on toy figures and shoes.

Me, I'll spend time with my kids either way. And in the role of a female, I would push my lover the same as I would now. Whether I am male or female does not excuse my future marriage partner from a family. It is a two-person responsibility, and I don't want my kids living the kind of life I had to live.

I know I sound terribly sexist, and given a black or white issue my racism would present itself as well, but I must disclose once again that I have no intentions of starting a war. Not everyone's life is peachy, and some people say some brutal things because of past experiences. But in the end, my life will affect my thought, and I don't want my kids to go through that.

Really my main reason for wanting to be a female would basically be to live this stereotyped bliss life of irresponsibility that so many women choose to live. Most object to this stereotype, but my mother is a prime example of a woman who defines quite a number of sexist stereotypes, hence my approach to this conversation. I think if anything, I would want to understand her view on it. Why she did everything she did. And yes she's still alive.

In the end though, I would defy my mother's example and choose to live the family life. Husband, kids. Job, house. I can't imagine it right now(I just fucking graduated), but life's a garden, and the soil's just been fertilized. I know I'll settle down one day, just not right now. I still have video games to in the future make, and books to in the future somehow get published.

"Life's a garden. It is what you make of it. A bed of roses, or a patch of dead animals. Treat it specially, beautifully, love it and nurture it. Don't waste it, and remember that the benefits of life are never immediate to those who pursue them. Don't question life's brutality, embrace it. Find a way to walk through the darkness, and emerge in the end a better person. Make your garden the best of them all."
-Serenity- Book 1, Blood Karma
3088 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/19/13

mhibicke wrote:


DetectiveAlex wrote:
It makes me feel guilty that I have the power to do great things, but I'm settling for mediocrity. Well I feel that woman don't have to feel this way because being the bearers of life exempts them.

Sorry, but that's just stupid. Being able to produce babies is good and all, but only livestock limit their accomplishments to reproduction. Also, pregnancy isn't hell; it's just long-term discomfort. If it was that bad, then women wouldn't keep doing it. Also, pregnancy isn't a disability that stops women from doing anything else of value. I worked (two jobs) a week past my due date, and then finished my Christmas shopping while in labor.


I don't think it's stupid. It's an amazing feat to give life. Women do great things when they give birth. I don't understand how someone who has been through it would disregard it as anything less than incredible.

I didn't imply that pregnancy prevents woman from doing anything else of value. I only stated that because of their ability to do such, they don't necessarily have to do anything else amazing in their life but give birth. I'm only speaking from my perspective anyway. I'll be more concise this time.

I feel that everyone should do something truly great in their lives. Woman just happen to be able to do something amazing that men can not do. Maybe I'm wrong, but accomplishing feats of similar magnitude of people like Gandhi or Rosa Parks isn't very for easy men. But woman can give birth and do something equally amazing as the aforementioned people without nearly as much effort.
26733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 5/19/13

DetectiveAlex wrote:
Women do great things when they give birth.

Yeah, babies are pretty cool, even though everyone has them.
3088 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/19/13


I don't understand your point.
413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 5/19/13
I think I speak for many when I say that being a cute girl and doing cute things would be kind of badass.
27105 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Tórshavn
Offline
Posted 5/19/13
It's kinda difficult for me too choose, because I think there are ups and downs/pros & cons with both.
I like being a man, sure, but there are things that come with "being" a man, you need to fill the stereotypical role that a man has to fill... Be the strong one, etc. Not that I have a problem with it, but I feel like when being a man you "Must" have these things in place, same goes for women, just for women I can't really say what's the "main stereotypical" feeling which you get (because I'm not a girl -.-).

If I had the chance to change gender I would, just to get the feeling of how it's like being a female (all the sex jokes beside here lol xD) I'm not sure if I would completely change forever, that would be a hard choice for me to make.

As of where I am now, I would change to a female to get to know how it's like, but not sure if I would want to be a female permanent :p


And an extra point lol, those who are naming animals... That's not changing your gender folks, that's changing your species -_-
If that were the case, I would become a Fox or an Eagle xD
413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 5/19/13

mavismackwee wrote:

I'm soo curious, why??!


Why not? Its a hypothetical question.
1363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Texas
Offline
Posted 5/19/13
I want to turn into a guy when I'm on my menstruation cycle.
85087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 5/19/13
I'll still be a man.
14498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / SoCal
Offline
Posted 5/19/13

nolifequeen wrote:

I want to turn into a guy when I'm on my menstruation cycle.


hahaha I think this is my favorite response
41659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Southern Oregon
Offline
Posted 5/19/13
I would probably stay the same (female). Not that it would really matter to me I have always acted and dressed however I wanted, I don't really care what society says is appropriate for my gender.
21323 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Oregon
Offline
Posted 5/20/13
I'd stay the same, I wouldn't mind being reborn as a girl after I die though. If that's an option.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.