First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Is Attack on Titan Another Sword Art Online (sucking in all types of Anime recognition for the season)
zesire 
30578 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / florida
Offline
Posted 5/5/13 , edited 5/5/13
Just like the Title. Is AOT sucking up all the fame this anime Season like, Sword art did when it first came out. (BTW I love AOT)

I was just thinking some people feel AOT is over hyped, just like SAO was and now no one is even recognizing the other good titles this season that came out like Gargantia and other really good starting Animes. For one I feel Like AOT deserves its hype Just my opinion. What I dont want is people to hate a anime just because its doing so good and everyone is talking about it and not their fav. (yes I know there are some fans for the other titles)

Maybe its just now the SOA Effect.

Where if there is a really captivating Anime that comes out it SUCKS ALL LIFE from the others so they cant grow just as big as fan base. Crunchy rollers I understand you guys watch like almost as much as possible but Im not just talking about Crunchy. All you hear about is AOT, and I just feel a little bad about the other good Titles.










http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9fBa-vp9vI <------"Do you think this is a fuxing game" : attack on titan ep 5 review. Tell me your thoughts hit the like button! EREN DA FUX?
16029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 5/5/13
It is definitely my favorite of the season, but there are others who are amazing aswell. Hataraku maou sama, henneko and gargantia are doing incredibly well if you ask me.
13278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / West Point (USMA)
Offline
Posted 5/5/13 , edited 5/5/13
You can't help it. If a new and intense anime series comes out, Crunchyroll users aren't just simply going to "heed" to the other animes and try to tone things down.

They'll express themselves just as they see fit with the anime.

I think AOT and Gargantia are both great, and I also think that they deserve the awesome recognition.

Hunter x Hunter is now my favorite since they're continuing with the arc that ended from its predecessor.
14814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / California
Online
Posted 5/5/13
As someone who is really enjoying the other titles, I can say that I'm not too upset with they hype around Attack on Titan. I watch it and greatly enjoy it, but its not my favorite genre. So I really like it, but can't love it. That being said, its exactly what a lot of other anime fans are looking for, so i'm happy they're going crazy over what they love.

However, yes, it does upset me when people say that any show (ie. AoT or SAO) is the "best of the season" because I just don't believe that's true. Its like they're failing to take into account that different people have different preferences. But it is the "favorite of the season" and I have no problem with that title.
19857 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Offline
Posted 5/5/13
AOT is amazing SAO is amazing just saying haters are the anime freaks who criticize even the smallest thing
11144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / I am from where i...
Offline
Posted 5/5/13
Can anyone explain to me why episode 5 of attack on titan is nowhere to be seen? In every other site the anime has been up since last night. I thought they were claiming FIRST in Airing the show.
8096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / UK
Offline
Posted 5/5/13
Attack on Titan is great so far! still prefer the manga but the anime adaptation has been really good so far

Sword art online is over hyped, the first 14eps (anicrad arc) were awesome.
but the second part alfieum online arc was awful.
15744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/5/13
good question!

i can't answer that though

but i can say it does seem like the limelight is focus on those two.
15191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 5/5/13
if AOT keeps going like it is i don't think it's going to be overhyped like SAO.
sword art had a lot of potential but the story telling of the anime was terrible and as such things that should have been more relatable or had more of an impact didn't. part of it was because of how rushed into a short episode count everything seemed but i just didn't find the characters relationships all that believable.
that said i'm enjoying some other titles just as much as AOT this season.
4279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / somewhere on mars
Offline
Posted 5/5/13
Attack on Titan is epic, but I know it's now the best anime out there. But to be honest, it's WAY better than Sword Art Online. It was okay, but I definitely don't think it deserves such a title as 'best anime of the season'.
36533 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 5/5/13

MorningStarXlll wrote:

Can anyone explain to me why episode 5 of attack on titan is nowhere to be seen? In every other site the anime has been up since last night. I thought they were claiming FIRST in Airing the show.


Crunchyroll said First LEGAL site for the show(although that's only technically true if you don't consider Funimation airing it at the same time a tie).

Crunchyroll has said that a materials delay(from Kodansha) plus the Golden Week holidays(those are a big deal in Japan. Schools are closed during that week) means a 2 day delay from normal. Shou ga nai

I have to wonder if you can call yourself a real fan of Attack on Titan if you use a illegal, thieving leech stream site rather than CR or Funimation. And those leech streamers are illegal due to the Berne Convention and thus under international law. Seeing it on those sites only gives revenue to those sites, none of the revenue ever reaches the creators(thus why I said thieving). Watching it on Crunchyroll or Funimation supports the series by giving the creators their just compensation.
10503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / California
Online
Posted 5/5/13
Some animes we get all gitty about but never say a word, and others we get all gitty and we go nuts over it flapping our flaps all over the place about it!

Attack on Titan is simply just the latter lol
Some of the other titles are just as great for their genres! Henneko! Is beyond hilarious and feeling to up to be great Rom-com and Gargantia seems to be laying the foundation to some epic crazyness soon to come and I love my weekly dose of Oreimo!
25348 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / F / Tacoma, WA
Offline
Posted 5/5/13
Lets hope that Titan doesn't disappoint like Sword Art did. Just because one is getting all the press doesn't mean that I will only watch that one exclusively though....and thanks for the Gargantia recommention.
Kill la Moderator
AHTL 
77656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Norway
Offline
Posted 5/5/13

seekerperson7 wrote:

As someone who is really enjoying the other titles, I can say that I'm not too upset with they hype around Attack on Titan. I watch it and greatly enjoy it, but its not my favorite genre. So I really like it, but can't love it. That being said, its exactly what a lot of other anime fans are looking for, so i'm happy they're going crazy over what they love.

However, yes, it does upset me when people say that any show (ie. AoT or SAO) is the "best of the season" because I just don't believe that's true. Its like they're failing to take into account that different people have different preferences. But it is the "favorite of the season" and I have no problem with that title.


But now you are just arguing about semantics... When someone says "This show is the best of the season", they mean that for them it is the best. Saying that it is their favourite doesn't change anything but your reaction towards their comment/post/whatever. Getting upset about it in the first place is kinda amusing, for me at least.


Although to me the shows Hataraku Maou-sama, My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU & Attack on Titan are among the BEST this season. Coincidentally they are also my favourites, but I actually believe that the shows I mentioned are among the better shows you can watch this season.

I would for example say that all the ones I mentioned above are better than Muromi-san & Devil Survivor 2.

So far I would say that AoT deserves all the hype it has so far, yet to be disappointed by the show.



11144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / I am from where i...
Offline
Posted 5/5/13

pistolsaf wrote:


MorningStarXlll wrote:

Can anyone explain to me why episode 5 of attack on titan is nowhere to be seen? In every other site the anime has been up since last night. I thought they were claiming FIRST in Airing the show.


Crunchyroll said First LEGAL site for the show(although that's only technically true if you don't consider Funimation airing it at the same time a tie).

Crunchyroll has said that a materials delay(from Kodansha) plus the Golden Week holidays(those are a big deal in Japan. Schools are closed during that week) means a 2 day delay from normal. Shou ga nai

I have to wonder if you can call yourself a real fan of Attack on Titan if you use a illegal, thieving leech stream site rather than CR or Funimation. And those leech streamers are illegal due to the Berne Convention and thus under international law. Seeing it on those sites only gives revenue to those sites, none of the revenue ever reaches the creators(thus why I said thieving). Watching it on Crunchyroll or Funimation supports the series by giving the creators their just compensation.


First of all, drop the almighty righteous speech. i never called myself a "fan" it's only been 5 episodes in the series so far, it has yet to proof itself. On that note i completely understand the fact that watching an anime on crunchyroll is the best way for its creators to receive revenues and it is exactly WHY i have a membership. I became a member to support "Hunter X Hunter" and "Gintama" nothing more and nothing less.

If any other anime i am watching happens to be on crunchyroll then i will watch it here, but if it so happens that it is not here specially when i want to watch it. I am going to go watch it somewhere else, for example the latest episode of Attack On Titan, One Piece or Detective Conan.
Why? because this is the internet, not a justifiable excuse but it is good enough for me.

However thank you for clarifying the whole "First Legal Site" thing. i was not aware of that little detail.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.