First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Google Glass!?
Posted 5/6/13
After using the trial pair issued to my company for a week I can safely say that I adore these things so completely.

Anyone else planning on getting a pair? I know that right now they are more or less just glorified camera/gps combos strapped to someone's head but the prospective apps I see coming out for them look fantastic!


Anyone else planning on snapping up a pair on launch? What color?!


I personally, have to wait for the "attaches to prescription frames model, as the current frame+my glasses is very uncomfy. Other than they they are amaaaaaaaaazing!

I literally cannot wait for the real release pair!


16628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / United States of...
Offline
Posted 5/6/13
Those are the things Attack of the Show mentioned a year or so ago along with car that drives itself google was working on as I recall. They look interesting, I would totally get one but I have no money sooo... yeah oh well.
20441 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 5/6/13
Yep. My pre-order is in. I plan to pony up for a pair whenever they hit.
137658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 5/6/13
Went to go look it up since I had no idea what that is. A video from Google's YouTube if anyone is interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c6W4CCU9M4

I'm not interested. I can imagine the cost of it when it's finally released and wonder what its durability is like.
Posted 5/6/13

mystic17 wrote:

Went to go look it up since I had no idea what that is. A video from Google's YouTube if anyone is interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c6W4CCU9M4

I'm not interested. I can imagine the cost of it when it's finally released and wonder what its durability is like.


From what I know, they are aiming at $200-$300 (Cost of a decent android tablet)
and will be extremely durable and made to last.

18048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / lehi, utah
Offline
Posted 5/6/13
I just watched the video and it would be amazing to have one of these it would make thinks so convenient but i would need perception ones
Posted 5/6/13
I also think that CR should be getting to getting on a Glass App for when they launch. The ability to beam anime into my right eye all day would make mid-day meetings a complete non-issue. The bone conductive speaker system ensures no one else will be hearing what I am watching either.
Posted 5/6/13 , edited 5/6/13

TW15T3DxR34P3R wrote:

I just watched the video and it would be amazing to have one of these it would make thinks so convenient but i would need perception ones


From what I know: There will be manufactures making frames to work with Glass and Rx lenses to fit those frames. So Glasses cursed folks like myself can just have a perma-glass attached to our everyday frames!


137658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 5/6/13
I hope so for that price. I also read now that it can record videos and take pictures with nice quality. I'd like the product for that reason mostly and maybe help me find locations easier.
3525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 5/6/13
I'm a developer. Google Glass is nice, it isn't what I expected but making apps will be fun.
2991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 5/6/13
I've followed them ever since my friend like the original poster got a pair. I want them lol.He told me about them first.But I thought it was miles away from release.

I'm all for this.
16071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 5/6/13
I prioritize getting Occulus Rift.
18048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / lehi, utah
Offline
Posted 5/6/13

Iainfixie wrote:


TW15T3DxR34P3R wrote:

I just watched the video and it would be amazing to have one of these it would make thinks so convenient but i would need perception ones


From what I know: There will be manufactures making frames to work with Glass and Rx lenses to fit those frames. So Glasses cursed folks like myself can just have a perma-glass attached to our everyday frames!



thanks for the info i shall now investigate further into this lol
33268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Kentucky
Offline
Posted 5/6/13
Since this will be the first version of them, I'll probably wait and see how it goes. Not to mention new prototypes and styles will be created depending on how they go as well.
5487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/6/13
I am a fan of Google and I have seen that last year but I am gonna wait for something better.

It's like I bought iPhone 4 two years ago and now iPhone 6 is coming out by next year. I'll be interested to see how Google Glass is going.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.