First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply No Profile Pic?
4887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 5/9/13

Gyava wrote:


DudeItsMark wrote:


Gyava wrote:

I always want to see what those annoying trolls who seem to do nothing but criticize people on the internet 24/7 look like. or the people who scream behind their computers while playing video games, telling you things like "Kill yourself" "I can beat the shit out of u if i ever met u in real life noob" "You have no life rofl gtfo and die". or the people who hide behind things like anime pictures and call others with real life pictures ugly (Facebook, CR, etc.).

I've seen a handful of pics of what they look like because sometimes they get caught giving someone their FB or something; and it's pretty hilarious.

So far, all the legitimate pictures I've seen of people like that are really funny. I won't post them because I don't want their pics going viral for a meme and make them actually contemplate suicide (plus it's just simply mean and I'm not like that). but yeah, they have a long way to go in life before they get straightened out - for sure.


Well, if I ever tell someone "I can beat you up irl" online, I can back it up

There's nothing worse than a keyboard warrior that's spouting unnecessary bs and causing a scene.


I have a perfect example of the ultimate fail CR keyboard warrior on the bottom of my page lol

Haha, yeah. I mean, I of course also get mad in games, but I'm not going to start saying crap like "beat you up" when they live across the country or something. Just wish everyone could stop trying to be mega keyboard-warriors, but oh well.. Makes it all the more fun to keep pwning them and making them rage, right? Unfortunately, all games do not support a mute system


Is it possible for people on CR to share usernames? If not, then I saw a side to schnipdip that surprises me. I chatted with him/her a few times and we're CR buddies, but our conversations gave no indication that he/she has that kind of personality.
18049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Brisbane
Offline
Posted 5/9/13

MarlaSinger wrote:

For the life of me I can't understand why people take pictures of themselves, am I the only one who thinks it's extremely weird, vain and awkward!?!?


Well...yes. Then again you might see fit to argue that every insubstantial, discarnate act over the internet is weird, vain and awkward. It's a consequence of this amorphous breed of communication.

Basically, welcome to the internet.
13278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / West Point (USMA)
Offline
Posted 5/9/13

aeb0717 wrote:


Gyava wrote:


DudeItsMark wrote:


Gyava wrote:

I always want to see what those annoying trolls who seem to do nothing but criticize people on the internet 24/7 look like. or the people who scream behind their computers while playing video games, telling you things like "Kill yourself" "I can beat the shit out of u if i ever met u in real life noob" "You have no life rofl gtfo and die". or the people who hide behind things like anime pictures and call others with real life pictures ugly (Facebook, CR, etc.).

I've seen a handful of pics of what they look like because sometimes they get caught giving someone their FB or something; and it's pretty hilarious.

So far, all the legitimate pictures I've seen of people like that are really funny. I won't post them because I don't want their pics going viral for a meme and make them actually contemplate suicide (plus it's just simply mean and I'm not like that). but yeah, they have a long way to go in life before they get straightened out - for sure.


Well, if I ever tell someone "I can beat you up irl" online, I can back it up

There's nothing worse than a keyboard warrior that's spouting unnecessary bs and causing a scene.


I have a perfect example of the ultimate fail CR keyboard warrior on the bottom of my page lol

Haha, yeah. I mean, I of course also get mad in games, but I'm not going to start saying crap like "beat you up" when they live across the country or something. Just wish everyone could stop trying to be mega keyboard-warriors, but oh well.. Makes it all the more fun to keep pwning them and making them rage, right? Unfortunately, all games do not support a mute system


Is it possible for people on CR to share usernames? If not, then I saw a side to schnipdip that surprises me. I chatted with him/her a few times and we're CR buddies, but our conversations gave no indication that he/she has that kind of personality.


Unfortunately, no. People have many faces on the internet.

He criticized the deaths of the people in Boston and made crude comments that, to him, were funny.

That was the beginning of what you saw. After calling me and others the alternate word for a cat/female reproductive organ (including the victims of the Boston bombings), he went off on a very unusual rant that made him challenge me in real life.

Of course, I am an actual licensed MMA/Boxing Fighter and gave him the number + address to my gyms/dojos, but he regressed into a state of "I could beat you up/You're not worth my time." and I ended it there. You'd be surprised, I've seen "nice people" with a pretty bad other side.
20563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 5/9/13
I posted a picture of me in my profile. I thought it would be helpful for people to know who I am and what it looks like to grow old.
27815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Toledo
Online
Posted 5/9/13

LynnTerra wrote:

Post pictures of ourselves? What is this, Facebook?

Why don't we all post our email addresses, our facebook names, what we ate for dinner, and then hold hands and sing a camp fire song.


....no thanks. :P


justanotherguy_2005@hotmail.com, justin hebler and a hot dog. I won't hold your hand or sing and the campfire will have to be in a house with air conditioning. I also request that I be allowed to have lots of cans of lighter fluid to squirt into the campfire.
20218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 5/9/13
I don't mind having my picture on here, but i usually limit the amount of personal pictures on any social site to only a handfull...cant have facebook and instagram stealing them all
4887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 5/9/13 , edited 5/9/13

Gyava wrote:


aeb0717 wrote:



Is it possible for people on CR to share usernames? If not, then I saw a side to schnipdip that surprises me. I chatted with him/her a few times and we're CR buddies, but our conversations gave no indication that he/she has that kind of personality.


Unfortunately, no. People have many faces on the internet.

He criticized the deaths of the people in Boston and made crude comments that, to him, were funny.

That was the beginning of what you saw. After calling me and others the alternate word for a cat/female reproductive organ (including the victims of the Boston bombings), he went off on a very unusual rant that made him challenge me in real life.

Of course, I am an actual licensed MMA/Boxing Fighter and gave him the number + address to my gyms/dojos, but he regressed into a state of "I could beat you up/You're not worth my time." and I ended it there. You'd be surprised, I've seen "nice people" with a pretty bad other side.


Well, it's not like I really know schnipdip, so I can't say that I'm completely shocked. Like I said, we only talked a few times. I'm disappointed more than anything. I'm now trying to decide if I should notify him/her before I remove schnipdip from my buddy list.
5143 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / Covina, California
Offline
Posted 5/9/13 , edited 5/9/13
I have two, no three pictures of myself, This is the first one


And this is the second one, Ya got it, Good!

The third one is too....you guess the rest.
27815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Toledo
Online
Posted 5/9/13

Gyava wrote:




Unfortunately, no. People have many faces on the internet.

He criticized the deaths of the people in Boston and made crude comments that, to him, were funny.

That was the beginning of what you saw. After calling me and others the alternate word for a cat/female reproductive organ (including the victims of the Boston bombings), he went off on a very unusual rant that made him challenge me in real life.

Of course, I am an actual licensed MMA/Boxing Fighter and gave him the number + address to my gyms/dojos, but he regressed into a state of "I could beat you up/You're not worth my time." and I ended it there. You'd be surprised, I've seen "nice people" with a pretty bad other side.


I have nothing to actually add to your conversation but I figured I would say that curiosity of what you were talking about caused me to visit your profile and that I approve of "Flower Dance - DJ Okawari" and many other songs you have there.
13278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / West Point (USMA)
Offline
Posted 5/9/13 , edited 5/9/13

aeb0717 wrote:


Well, it's not like I really know schnipdip, so I can't say that I'm completely shocked. Like I said, we only talked a few times. I'm disappointed more than anything. I'm now trying to decide if I should notify him/her before I remove schnipdip from my buddy list.


I'm sorry about that. I think the action of actually notifying him will just cause more conflict, and trust me - his internet flame war is not something you want to get involved in, but if you do decide to do so - I will make a good guess that his first reaction will be a state of denial. That said, there were moderators present during the Boston Marathon topic and users who also replied back to him; specifically, Kippu the moderator was the one who oversaw the guestbook dispute.

I just stay away from people like him. Although Crunchyroll's blocking system isn't perfect, I've tinkered a bit with Adblock to completely block users like Mr. Schnipdip or a.k.a. whoever he is on FB. If there's anything I actually do outside the computer for people like him, I simply wonder about what happened in their childhood that caused them to do such sad things in life.



justanotherguy_2005 wrote:

I have nothing to actually add to your conversation but I figured I would say that curiosity of what you were talking about caused me to visit your profile and that I approve of "Flower Dance - DJ Okawari" and many other songs you have there.


Yessssssssssss! It makes me so happy when I see other people who also like my favorite songs. ^_^
I bet'cha you have a good taste of music (in my opinion at least).
5143 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / Covina, California
Offline
Posted 5/9/13 , edited 5/9/13
Will you three get back on topic? konsarnit.
13278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / West Point (USMA)
Offline
Posted 5/9/13

AcadGlade wrote:

Will you three get back on topic? konsarnit.


Sorry, Lo Siento, Jaesonghamnida, Sumimasen

Uh.. Back on topic: Your profile pic makes me think of my fail days of Runescape (Had that same beard and hair on my character...).
17834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Ohio, U.S.
Offline
Posted 5/9/13

aeb0717 wrote:


Gyava wrote:


aeb0717 wrote:



Is it possible for people on CR to share usernames? If not, then I saw a side to schnipdip that surprises me. I chatted with him/her a few times and we're CR buddies, but our conversations gave no indication that he/she has that kind of personality.


Unfortunately, no. People have many faces on the internet.

He criticized the deaths of the people in Boston and made crude comments that, to him, were funny.

That was the beginning of what you saw. After calling me and others the alternate word for a cat/female reproductive organ (including the victims of the Boston bombings), he went off on a very unusual rant that made him challenge me in real life.

Of course, I am an actual licensed MMA/Boxing Fighter and gave him the number + address to my gyms/dojos, but he regressed into a state of "I could beat you up/You're not worth my time." and I ended it there. You'd be surprised, I've seen "nice people" with a pretty bad other side.


Well, it's not like I really know schnipdip, so I can't say that I'm completely shocked. Like I said, we only talked a few times. I'm disappointed more than anything. I'm now trying to decide if I should notify him/her before I remove schnipdip from my buddy list.


Im going to go out on a limb here and say he was nice to you because you are a 21 year old female. He probably is one of those types of d-bags. Pathetic.
4887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 5/9/13

Gyava wrote:



I'm sorry about that. I think the action of actually notifying him will just cause more conflict, and trust me - his internet flame war is not something you want to get involved in, but if you do decide to do so - I will make a good guess that his first reaction will be a state of denial. That said, there were moderators present during the Boston Marathon topic and users who also replied back to him; specifically, Kippu the moderator was the one who oversaw the guestbook dispute.

I just stay away from people like him. Although Crunchyroll's blocking system isn't perfect, I've tinkered a bit with Adblock to completely block users like Mr. Schnipdip or a.k.a. whoever he is on FB. If there's anything I actually do outside the computer for people like him, I simply wonder about what happened in their childhood that caused them to do such sad things in life.


I'm actually grateful to have found out about schnipdip. I'm already familiar with how nasty flame wars can be, and I came to a similar conclusion about his/her reaction if I were to give warning.
15466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 5/9/13
No. I might upload one as a picture upload, but I'm not having it as my representation in comments and on the forums. The internet was built for anonymity.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.