Created by tinyd0t
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply *Girls* Would you say anything to a male cross-dresser if you see one in public Ladies room?
Moderator XIV
67124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / somewhere that is...
Offline
Posted 5/9/13

spacebat wrote:


Karkarov wrote:


My Horns are au naturale!


Yes, but the irony doesn't escape you that your a male-cow in a thread discussing cross-dressers and hot transgendered Asians?


It would only be ironic if I really were a cow. The horns are really but I am technically an unclassified meat popsicle.
2673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Sexual Chocolate
Offline
Posted 5/9/13

spacebat wrote:

it's funny, I don't think us guys have this issue with bathroom privacy. I've seen a girl with down's syndrome walk into the men's bathroom while I was urinating. I just finished then zipped up and told her she was in the wrong bathroom.

Pomff, i'm a bit surprised. You don't come across as the type that would seem rattled by this scenario.


The average guy is quite a bit stronger than the average woman, and significantly less likely to be assaulted by a woman than a woman is to be by a man.

I draw the line when I am legitimately concerned for my safety. I have no problem with cross dressing, male to female transsexuals, or anything like that. I do have a problem with my safety potentially being threatened.
22121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F
Offline
Posted 5/9/13
Transwomen aren't male crossdressers. Go fuck yourself.
3525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 5/9/13

Pomff wrote:
I draw the line when I am legitimately concerned for my safety. I have no problem with cross dressing, male to female transsexuals, or anything like that. I do have a problem with my safety potentially being threatened.


That's perfectly reasonable. I'm just trying to figure out when a guy in drag becomes a safety issue. :P

2673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Sexual Chocolate
Offline
Posted 5/9/13

Viralz wrote:

To be honest I think a transgender person or a crossdresser has more to worry about then you do, I've seen some horrible internet videos of crossdressers and transgendered people being horribly beaten when they've tried to enter the female toilets/came out from the toilets and no one came to help them, seriously I think you are blowing this way out of proportion.


I'm going to sound really callous here but that's a different issue, one that I agree needs to be dealt with, and I will never put their safety above my own. That's a kind of altruism I will not follow. Nearly 1 and 5 women will be raped in their lifetime, that number is way too high for me to be willing to risk mine or my wife's safety so that somebody can use a public restroom. Yes most guys wouldn't do it but most guys won't commit rape either and it still happens a lot.


spacebat wrote:

That's perfectly reasonable. I'm just trying to figure out when a guy in drag becomes a safety issue.


When there's a chance said guy in drag could be dressing as a woman specifically so he can go into the women's restroom. You're a man, how many times in your life have you felt that there's a chance you could be raped in a public place? This is one of those issues that you are less qualified to talk about than a woman due to being a guy, the same way i'd be less qualified to talk about misandry or female favored court rulings.
3525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 5/9/13

Pomff wrote:

When there's a chance said guy in drag could be dressing as a woman specifically so he can go into the women's restroom. You're a man, how many times in your life have you felt that there's a chance you could be raped in a public place?


Twice, actually. I'd call both sexual assaults. This discussion isn't about me though.


This is one of those issues that you are less qualified to talk about than a woman due to being a guy, the same way i'd be less qualified to talk about misandry or female favored court rulings.


Well, I am not going to go pulling up rape statistics of men in drag assaulting women in public restrooms. While weary on the statistical likely-hood of the occurrence I am not going to make any brownie points arguing it...

This is one of those topics where it's best to err on the side of caution and forego over rationalization. Better safe than sorry?

2673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Sexual Chocolate
Offline
Posted 5/10/13 , edited 5/10/13

spacebat wrote:

This is one of those topics where it's best to err on the side of caution and forego over rationalization. Better safe than sorry?


That is my opinion on this subject yes. The potential damage done is too traumatic and the odds of negative results are too great for me to play the "let's make everyone happy and have faith in people doing the right thing" game.


Viralz wrote:

men arn't the only ones who rape


Never said the were, I said the odds of a woman being raped by a man were significantly higher than the odds of a man being raped by a woman. Only an idiot would try and claim that "no this never happens" because there are always going to cases of it happening.

Like I said, they may feel safer or more comfortable there but I would not feel safer with them being there. If it comes down to my potential safety vs. their potential safety i'm going to go with my safety every single time. There are a lot of things that would make me feel safer or more comfortable that won't happen because they would infringe on too many other people's safety in comfort.

edit:
And because I know someone may bring it up i'll just comment on this now even though it hasn't been mentioned yet. "But aren't you a lesbian Pomff? Isn't this the kind of unfair treatment you complain about?" I'd argue that while it's similar it isn't the same thing i'm complaining about.

Not accepting a man cross dressing and denying him the right to cross dress in public would be kind of like my issue with denying gay people the right to get married. Denying a cross dressing man the right to use a woman's only restroom would be similar to denying a gay couple to be married in any church they wanted even if the church in question didn't want to allow it. You could argue that well the church should marry the gay couple and the cross dresser should be allowed in the ladies room, but in both cases I believe there is a very valid reason to oppose the idea (safety for the women's room and the fact that the church is private property in the other example).

edit#2: Quoting my first post with regards to a transgender woman.

Pomff wrote:

Now if the person in question is a pre op transsexual then i'd probably just brush it off.
9325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/10/13

dudewthehat wrote:

Transwomen aren't male crossdressers. Go fuck yourself.


If you read my post properly you should've seen that I pointed out this post is about MALE CROSS-DRESSERS and not TRANSGENDER. Transgender are technically women and I have no problem with them using female toilets. But male cross-dressers are men wearing women's clothing whenever they feel like "dressing-up", and many of them are actually heterosexual.

Posted 5/10/13

kurishima wrote:


dudewthehat wrote:

Transwomen aren't male crossdressers. Go fuck yourself.


Calm down People are talking a bout Male cross dressers not Trans-woman.


Problem is that they could potentially be talking about a transwoman, read all the replies and you'll see why she's angry.
9325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/10/13

Viralz

My main issue with both of these posts is how can you "tell" if a person is a preop transsexual or a crossdresser? Op claims that the person was a crossdresser but in reality that person could have been a transgender person in the early stages of transition. Not everyone gets to be as lucky as thailand's beauty queens and start hormones at a young age... OP may have just been incredibly rude to a transgendered person to which you claim you have "no problem with".

Truth of the matter is transition takes a very long time, lots of money and alot of heartache to "pass" and not be treated like some sort of outsider.


If you have read my post in page 2 properly, you would've seen that I gave quite distinctive descriptions between a transgender and a male cross-dresser. As I said before I dated a closet male cross-dresser before and I have done research on them. Also that man I saw at train station was definately a man because he was already in his 40s with a blonde wig and have an Adam's apple. Transgender people are aware of their gender identity from a young age, and whilst you pointed that they aren't allow to do anything to do their bodies until they are at least 18, I believe that they would've mastered to be "real women" by the time they reach their 40s.

Male cross-dressers are scared of going into men's toilets because they believe that men = threats, so for a male cross-dresser coming into female toilets also means that they are diverting the threat to us! I have worked in an international retail company for a long time and I have seen my fair share of transgenders and male cross-dressers, transgenders are just like any other women and you can only tell they weren't born a lady when they speak as their voices can still be quite deep. There are many male cross-dressers at their mid age coming into my shop and they are very polite and all, but you know instantly they are just male cross-dressers and not transgenders. I've even seen one with his daughter calling him daddy when he was dressed up as a woman!

Now I won't judge what people wear in public, but the fact that there are many male cross-dressers out, BELIEVE that they have the choice of choosing male or female toilets depending on what outfit they're wearing. And I find it ridiculous they feel they are entitle to choose depending on their moods, if men aren't allow to go into women's toilets when they are wearing men's clothes, then why should they be allow to go into women's toilet if they're wearing dresses?

Also I can't help but feel that you're taking this topic rather personally, this wasn't suppose to aim at anyone as I stated at the very very beginning. I'm simply raising a health & safety issue here.
9325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/10/13 , edited 5/10/13

Tridevi wrote:

Why would I even mind? OP is fucked up. They are human, too, you know? Why do you have to discriminate? They didn't do anything wrong. They just wanted to go to the bathroom. I think you are a homophobic, OP.


I don't mind if you disagree with me but you're missing the point. Yes of course male cross-dressers are human, and there are many toilets for human - male, female, disable, unisex and family. There is nothing to discriminate here, you might as well say that male cross-dressers' parents discriminate them because they didn't give them vaginas instead of penises. A male SHOULD'NT go into female toilets regardless of what they are wearing, that was my point.
Edit:

Also I already stated that lesbians are entitled to use toilets as much as I do because they are women. And so are transgenders because they are also technically women. Many male cross-dressers are actually straight, so no that doesn't make me homophobic.
9325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/10/13

Tridevi

You are still a homophobe. Admit it. You have not justification for your discrimination.


I'm not sure if you're aware of the definition of homophobic, that's if you can even spell it correctly. Homophobia encompasses a range of negative attitudes and feelings toward homosexuality or people who are identified or perceived as being lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender.

Majority of male cross-dressers are heterosexual men who have male genitals, they are neither gay or bisexual or transgender. Your argument of me being "homophobic" is not legit. Read my argument points in the first page, think of better argument points then come back to me again.
9325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/10/13

Viralz

I'm taking it personally because I am transgender and know several older transgendered people that "do not pass" and get treated like "crossdressers" by people like yourself and it annoys the crap out of me, how would you feel if someone said I'm sorry you can't come into this bathroom because you don't look woman enough? Oh i'm sorry your nose is too big or oh you have a big jawline so you can't come in here because you could be "dangerous".

Your descriptions just showed how clueless you are, gender identity and life is EXTREMELY complicated, people could hold off transition for any number of reasons, homophobic family, discrimination, denial, fear, love (this one usually keeps people from transitioning for a very long time usually because of kids) and work.

How in the amount of time that they have (work and looking after a family) are they supposed to perfect being a woman? It takes time for anybody to learn how to put on makeup, dress correctly act in an appropriate way, because they were brought up as BOYS and if you tried to deviate you're immediately told off by your parents which stigmatises them and prevents them from learning feminine things at a young age... Oh and men lose their hair as they get older so wigs are often sought after by trans women, it doesn't instantly make them a crossdresser... seriously wtf are you thinking?

For someone that works with the public I'm actually a little surprised by how close minded you are >_>, have you actually asked them if they were trans? No? Then don't be so quick to judge them please.


Okay I understand your frustration, but would you say that transgender and male cross-dressers are the same people? No you wouldn't, excuse me if I haven't given a detailed enough description of the difference between male cross-dressers and transgender, correct me if you may. You're blantantly believing that I'm discriminating against transgender when I stated very very clearly this is not about transgenders, but male cross-dressers. Can you guarantee to me 100% that male cross-dressers don't use female toilets? Because they do and they believe they have the right to choose. As I stated I have no problem seeing people dressing in any ways they want in real life, but they shouldn't cross the line by invading my vulnerable territory by coming into female toilets.

Just because people raise questions about your gender doesn't mean people are discriminating against you, please, women who dress a little manier will get asked if they are men, women who look a little heavier will get asked if they're pregnant, women who look underage will get asked to see their ID before purchasing certain items, people with different ethnic heritage will get asked if they are foreigners or not. There are many questions that people ask to each other EVERY SINGLE DAY. Don't make it such a big deal your group is the only one who get discriminated against on a daily basis. If people questions your gender, simply smile and show them your driving licence to say you're legally a woman. It is frustrating but what can you do? Hit people in the face?
9325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/10/13

ColouringYourLife

i see that as a drag


all so i hate that your mixing some ones sexuality whit gender

lesbian, gay, bisexual <<<<<< sexuality


transgender <<<< Gender medical berth related << has f all to do with sexuality


Yes I believe the correct term for it was transphobic for prejudice against transgender, sorry I quoted it from Wikipedia for quick reference.
9325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/10/13 , edited 5/10/13

Viralz

Cross dressers could potentially be closeted transsexuals read http://www.ibiblio.org/gaylaw/issue5/frye1.html for more information and I seriously doubt that a cross dresser will be anymore of a threat than the average lesbian.



Here's the myths about male cross-dressers: http://www.transgenderlondon.com/Myths.htm

1 - All crossdressers are gay. Wrong. The incidence of bisexuality or homosexuality in the transgender community is the same as the population at large. Most are heterosexual - straight.

7 - All crossdressers are going to become women. Wrong again. There is a difference between the crossdresser and the transsexual. The transsexual is a very small part of the transgender community and of those, only a small portion will transition. The vast majority of the transgender community is made up of crossdressers. Unfortunately, it is the transsexual the media chooses to sensationalize, and of those, the few who transition.

Edit: the quote I quoted above is using different terminology than the ones I'm debating about, the term Transgender used in this quote include crossdressers, shemales and transexuals. Whilst transexual in this quote is the same meaning as the term transgender in the debates here. I'll rephrase the paragraph so it's not confusing to read.

7 - All crossdressers are going to become women. Wrong again. There is a difference between the crossdresser and the transsexual. The transsexual is a very small part of the community and of those, only a small portion will transition. The vast majority of this community is made up of crossdressers. Unfortunately, it is the transgender the media chooses to sensationalize, and of those, the few who transition.

You see, now you're comparing male cross-dressers to lesbians just because they are both attracted to women. Who is discriminating who?
Pomff would not be pleased to hear this! Lesbians are born female and are attracted to female, male cross-dressers are born male and attracted to female but just like to wear women's clothes occasionally. Lesbians have every right to use the female toilets since THEY ARE FEMALE, but male cross-dressers don't because they are male. Simple as.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.