Post Reply The elevator scene in NGE. Your opinion?
SEELE 02
1097 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / In my thoughts so...
Offline
Posted 5/9/13
The big question here: is the minute long scene between Asuka and Rei in the elevator shameful to Anno and company or is it a piece of art? Do you think this one frame still scene created tension or was just a waste of time? Your thoughts.

SEELE 01
15370 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 5/10/13

harima_magic_puella wrote:

The big question here: is the minute long scene between Asuka and Rei in the elevator shameful to Anno and company or is it a piece of art? Do you think this one frame still scene created tension or was just a waste of time? Your thoughts.



I think it created tension, it wasnt useless, but wasnt exactly a pivotal scene either, but it really sets up the relationship between Asuka and Rei quite well, and addresses several of the issues present in both of them
Gendo
22899 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ancient city
Offline
Posted 5/10/13
It kinda reminded me of speed racer a little bit where they just used the same still. It wasn't a pivotal scene , but it wasn't a waste of time either. It did a pretty good job of setting up their relationship and the progression of Asuka's spiral of madness. It works, but they could have shaved the time down a little bit cause there is a difference between setting up tension and dragging your feet
SEELE 02
1097 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / In my thoughts so...
Offline
Posted 5/10/13

Class3 wrote:

It kinda reminded me of speed racer a little bit where they just used the same still. It wasn't a pivotal scene , but it wasn't a waste of time either. It did a pretty good job of setting up their relationship and the progression of Asuka's spiral of madness. It works, but they could have shaved the time down a little bit cause there is a difference between setting up tension and dragging your feet


Yeah, they put the scene in EVA 1.0 and reduced the time of the scene significantly. It still had tension though.
Gendo
22899 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ancient city
Offline
Posted 5/11/13
It would have been funnier though if they were playing sterotypical elevator music in the background
NERV Member
27997 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Reading, UK
Offline
Posted 5/11/13

Class3 wrote:

It would have been funnier though if they were playing sterotypical elevator music in the background



That would have been hilarious !!!
SEELE 01
15370 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 5/11/13

Class3 wrote:

It would have been funnier though if they were playing sterotypical elevator music in the background


Wonderful idea, or even the NGE op, or fly me to the moon xD
Gendo
22899 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ancient city
Offline
Posted 5/12/13

EnragedWaffle wrote:


Class3 wrote:

It would have been funnier though if they were playing sterotypical elevator music in the background


Wonderful idea, or even the NGE op, or fly me to the moon xD


Or how about "The Beast"? EVA 1's berserker theme kinda fits Asuka's mood in this scene lol
SEELE 01
15370 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 5/12/13

Class3 wrote:


EnragedWaffle wrote:


Class3 wrote:

It would have been funnier though if they were playing sterotypical elevator music in the background


Wonderful idea, or even the NGE op, or fly me to the moon xD


Or how about "The Beast"? EVA 1's berserker theme kinda fits Asuka's mood in this scene lol


Thatd be cool :3

You must be logged in to post.