First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
Guest Pass Abuse
26114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Seattle
Online
Posted 5/11/13
P.S. Why not help some stranger out. The guest pass has an expiration date...
11948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / the hidden leaf v...
Offline
Posted 5/11/13

MountainMew wrote:

Are we seriously getting up in arms over some random user asking for a guestpass? Really, now? Let's not treat this like the end of the world here, it doesn't take an essay to say "No, I don't want to give away guest passes because I feel people should pay for their services".
Beubanks7507, you honestly sound like you think you're better than other people, and that kind of attitude is one that isn't needed. Acting like a jerk to someone you think was being a jerk to you is not okay. As they say, two wrongs don't make a right. This isn't something worth getting upset over, no one's abusing guestpasses here. They're just asking randomly, if you don't like that delete the message or block the users. It's not a big deal.




thank u!! *claps for u * hhhhh i totally agree with u
and although ur younger than him....bt ur thinking as an adult more than him
8607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / NY
Offline
Posted 5/11/13
If CR doesn't see it fit to maintain a free 48-hr guest pass, they would have removed it long ago. Seeing how they haven't, I'm assuming it's pulling them a bit more revenue than simply the one free monthly trial.

Aside from that, I find it more destructive on a community stand point with the comment sections of video spammed with guest pass request and codes. The addition of up and down votes has helped alleviate some of the comment section problems, however it still lacks the flexibility you see with youtube comments and their community self monitoring.

What I don't understand is why would freeloaders bother to go through the trouble of begging for guest passes when a simple google search could lead them to another site to stream the anime they wanted. Unless if they are dead set on brand loyalty with CR streaming...
Posted 5/11/13
Pretty bad.

It is not that expensive the membership and supporting this company is a honor
Don't you think crunchyrole is really the best anime site with all the new episodes.
Even the drama is HD .
So i say if you want to be a member pay for it to support this company like thanks for HD and all the anime.

12517 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 5/11/13
If anything I think you were actually rude in your response and blew things out of proportion. Guest Passes are an extra perk to being a premium member so that you can share them with friends, or whatever else you want to do with them. Cut the holier than thou attitude, and just say no to people who ask. I don't think this thread or that long reply that made horrible assumptions about that user was necessary.
26114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Seattle
Online
Posted 5/11/13
I DEMAND THAT "YOU" GIVE ME ALL YOUR GUESS PASSES AWHAHAHHAH
11948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / the hidden leaf v...
Offline
Posted 5/11/13

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


animegirl910 wrote:


AruarianDance wrote:

you sound way more annoying than him.



lol i thought am the only one who was thinking like that hhhhhhhh


Don't worry. You definitely weren't alone in that.



lol for real he just wasted his time in writing that looong replay x''D dude "am saying it on purpose " ...just say no i cant
11948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / the hidden leaf v...
Offline
Posted 5/11/13

vocharlie wrote:

I DEMAND THAT "YOU" GIVE ME ALL YOUR GUESS PASSES AWHAHAHHAH



loooool i bet that this is his face right now

XDDD


Posted 5/11/13

mhibicke wrote:


Hachikobubble wrote:
As long as I'm living under the roof of my parents, they won't even let me spend money on something as "stupid as watching streamed anime online."


That's funny, because in my house I stream CR, Netflix, and Hulu, and I save about $60/month not buying cable. My 8-yr old son lives it up with constant streams of Naruto, Bleach, Chrome Shelled Regios, and D-Gray Man. He reads subtitles like a champ and yammers Japanese catchphrases. I'm not feeling stupid at all.


My parents hate the fact that I'm into fictional things. I wish I had you as a parent.
188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/11/13

animegirl910 wrote:


vocharlie wrote:

I DEMAND THAT "YOU" GIVE ME ALL YOUR GUESS PASSES AWHAHAHHAH



loooool i bet that this is his face right now

XDDD






This is what happens, when you let 12 year olds use the Internet.
11948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / the hidden leaf v...
Offline
Posted 5/11/13

Rsas wrote:


animegirl910 wrote:


vocharlie wrote:

I DEMAND THAT "YOU" GIVE ME ALL YOUR GUESS PASSES AWHAHAHHAH



loooool i bet that this is his face right now

XDDD






This is what happens, when you let 12 year olds use the Internet.


etooooo ur referring the 12 years olds to whom exactly... !
24834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Ohio, U.S.
Offline
Posted 5/11/13
Maybe if you weren't a massive d-bag things like this wouldn't get to you as much as they do. All you had to say was "no" or block the guy instead of bitching an entire novel in response to it. Why you find this such a big deal is beyond me.
38825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 5/11/13

Hachikobubble wrote:
My parents hate the fact that I'm into fictional things. I wish I had you as a parent.

Hmmm... You say that, but you may not mean it. I'm pretty strict about a lot of stuff, and I have issues of my own that will probably scar my son for life. If would be better for you to come up with a way to come to terms with your parents than to waste your energy wishing you lived with me. If all else fails, you can move out and make your own decisions in a few years.

When I was growing up we didn't have television because we lived in a rural mountainous area. (It was pre-internet, as I am old.) I don't know if it was a good parenting strategy or not, because my brother and I both turned out a bit different, but nobody died or anything.

Maybe you could make a deal with your folks where you maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher and pay for your own streaming anime? Maybe make a concession where you only watch X amount of anime per week or something. You didn't hear it from me, but you could refuse to do homework unless they allow you to watch two or three episodes of anime per week. That way you could pick your favorite simulcasts and keep up with them, and then watch the rest in the public library or something.
53152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / colorful colorado
Online
Posted 5/11/13
I like to randomly give out my guess passes. It's more exciting that way. The main reason I'm a member is, you have to support what you love.
10285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/11/13
Damn if that how you reacted to a rather annoying begging message, I'd hate to be in room with you when you receive a cold caller on the phone.

I ain't been a premier member long, so ain't got the random begging message yet. Not that they get any luck, as I hate random beggars.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.