First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
What if SEED was a little more realistic.....
Moderator
9631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / 地球
Offline
Posted 1/25/08
Alright, I've always been wondering this...."What if SEED was more like a U.C. Gundam series (in combat-elements that is.)"

Haven't you guys noticed that in SEED, everyone just suddenly gets beam weapons with no clear explanation on what happened or how it happened. I mean in the U.C. it took them years to figure out how to harness the Minovsky Particles that make Beam Sabers, and, Beam Rifles. o_O;

Or, like how in some situations one MS's battery last for a long time while another one lasts like 5 minutes.

I mean wouldn't it be more suspenseful if Kira was just like "Out of energy?!" and, just pulls out a beam saber. Instead of just shooting like the word ammo doesn't exist?
Creator
811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / somewhere
Offline
Posted 1/25/08
Interesting take on it. As for the battery thing, the Strike lasted so long because each of the striker packs had its own battery so whenever he switched the strike's battery was recharged or thats what I beilieve I read somewhere. It was a long time ago so I dont remember where.

And you are right about the beam weapon thing. However, beam weapons were on battleships in SEED before the beginning of the series hence the nazca class ships having them. So it was just a matter of finding out how to make smaller versions of those that a ms could use.
Moderator
32378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Try guessing...
Offline
Posted 1/25/08
Well the Freedom does have a nuclear reactor (N-Jammer Cancellor)....and it does have almost limitless energy....so I guess that would explain why he doesn't run out of energy soon...when he was in the Strike, he did deplete his energy quite a number of times...

Well, Just think....if Gundams were real.....than I have a perfect excuse to join the military
Moderator
9631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / 地球
Offline
Posted 1/30/08

CoudVanGiruet wrote:

Well the Freedom does have a nuclear reactor (N-Jammer Cancellor)....and it does have almost limitless energy....so I guess that would explain why he doesn't run out of energy soon...when he was in the Strike, he did deplete his energy quite a number of times...

Well, Just think....if Gundams were real.....than I have a perfect excuse to join the military


That's the point...Every MS in the U.C. has a nuclear reactor. Beam Rifles aren't powered by the Mobile Suit's power souce. They have to be recharged between battles, unless Kira suddenly got Gundam Mark 2's Beam Rifle which is recharged by changing the energy cartridge...It's the same with Funnels/DRAGOONs. In Kira's case it just seems like physics don't exist, and his beam rifles and DRAGOONs have unlimited energy.
Creator
811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / somewhere
Offline
Posted 1/30/08
If you are speaking of CE beam rifles, yes they are powered by the suits power source. They dont have epacs like UC ones. Thats why using the strikes beam rifle drained the strike's battery. The same goes for the DRAGOONs. That is why only a nuclear powered ms could use DRAGOONs because a battery wouldnt have enough energy to power them.
5464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Home for the holi...
Offline
Posted 1/31/08
If SEED was a little more realistic,then Mwu wouldn't be alive,and so does the Archangel.....and Kira will be dead in GSD,and Three Ships Alliance will have a tougher time winning the Battle of Jachin Due,hey,maybe Plant would be destroyed by EA's nukes since it's impossible to stop the nuke,fend off the three maniacs(Clotho,Shani and Orga),and fight against A LOT of mobile suits and came out on top.Well,they'll kill the manic trio,destroy a hole bunch of mobile suits(without not killing any pilots) and Providence will be defeated as well but they'll miss at least one nuke(they're hundreds of them) and that nuke destroyed one of the colonies.Also,a lot of characters would die,including Waltfeld(desert battle),Lunamaria,Ahtrun(stabbed by Destiny) and others...... wow
Moderator
9631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / 地球
Offline
Posted 1/31/08
And, another thing....How the hell does a battery power a Beam Rifle? You can't get plasma from a battery, I just noticed this...They never explained how the cannon fodder suits power their beam rifles, I just don't get the C.E. there's too much weird crap in it for me. This is why I like Astray better, they at least explained what makes the Red Frame's Gerbera Straight able to cut through Phase Shift. >_>

And, on the Nuclear Power thing...Nuclear reactors can run out of energy too, it may be able to supply more energy before it depletes. But, it can't restore energy if it's depleted before it can even recharge. Which should of happened already at the rate Kira was spamming beams.

This just proves my theory that Fukada never should of gotten involved with Gundam, he completely ruined the standards of a good Gundam series. I mean G Gundam wasn't like other Gundam series, but it was meant be that way.....But, SEED was meant as an "Authentic" Gundam series, and it failed at that by trying to copy the plot of U.C. Gundam shows, and just trying to make it look better with bishounen pilots, extremely colorful female characters, and whoring theirselves out with advertisements, I mean SEED could of had some serious potential, but a retard like Fukada had to direct it...Meh, at least SEED produced some good spin-offs...Thank god Fukada isn't in the manga business. >_>
Moderator
32378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Try guessing...
Offline
Posted 2/4/08

Dendetsu wrote:

And, another thing....How the hell does a battery power a Beam Rifle? You can't get plasma from a battery, I just noticed this...They never explained how the cannon fodder suits power their beam rifles, I just don't get the C.E. there's too much weird crap in it for me. This is why I like Astray better, they at least explained what makes the Red Frame's Gerbera Straight able to cut through Phase Shift. >_>

And, on the Nuclear Power thing...Nuclear reactors can run out of energy too, it may be able to supply more energy before it depletes. But, it can't restore energy if it's depleted before it can even recharge. Which should of happened already at the rate Kira was spamming beams.

This just proves my theory that Fukada never should of gotten involved with Gundam, he completely ruined the standards of a good Gundam series. I mean G Gundam wasn't like other Gundam series, but it was meant be that way.....But, SEED was meant as an "Authentic" Gundam series, and it failed at that by trying to copy the plot of U.C. Gundam shows, and just trying to make it look better with bishounen pilots, extremely colorful female characters, and whoring theirselves out with advertisements, I mean SEED could of had some serious potential, but a retard like Fukada had to direct it...Meh, at least SEED produced some good spin-offs...Thank god Fukada isn't in the manga business. >_>


Well, you can't really blow off his work....it's not like you could've done a better job! Remember, although Fukuda directed it, the creators were still the same so they used all of they're ideas too! And as for "copying the plot" that's impossible since it was all done by the same creators, not just the directors...and besides, standards don't always have to be the same...this season wasn't just made for fans only...but also to attract others who aren't fans of anime and other various audiences...And as I read in several magazines, Seed and Seed Destiny were also # 1 in Japan for a few years and as many ppl stated in their reviews for the characters to be more believable than the other seasons. Just cuz it doesn't suit your standards w/ all the trivial specs w/ the Mobile Suits doesn't mean Fukuda did a terrible job! And dude, sorry if it seems like I'm insulting you, cuz I really don't mean for it to sound that way...the reason I extend my apologies is cuz normally when someone only says "No offense" and declares their statement, that usually means, "Big offense..." if you noticed that...so anyway how r u?
Moderator
9631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / 地球
Offline
Posted 2/4/08

CoudVanGiruet wrote:


Dendetsu wrote:

And, another thing....How the hell does a battery power a Beam Rifle? You can't get plasma from a battery, I just noticed this...They never explained how the cannon fodder suits power their beam rifles, I just don't get the C.E. there's too much weird crap in it for me. This is why I like Astray better, they at least explained what makes the Red Frame's Gerbera Straight able to cut through Phase Shift. >_>

And, on the Nuclear Power thing...Nuclear reactors can run out of energy too, it may be able to supply more energy before it depletes. But, it can't restore energy if it's depleted before it can even recharge. Which should of happened already at the rate Kira was spamming beams.

This just proves my theory that Fukada never should of gotten involved with Gundam, he completely ruined the standards of a good Gundam series. I mean G Gundam wasn't like other Gundam series, but it was meant be that way.....But, SEED was meant as an "Authentic" Gundam series, and it failed at that by trying to copy the plot of U.C. Gundam shows, and just trying to make it look better with bishounen pilots, extremely colorful female characters, and whoring theirselves out with advertisements, I mean SEED could of had some serious potential, but a retard like Fukada had to direct it...Meh, at least SEED produced some good spin-offs...Thank god Fukada isn't in the manga business. >_>


Well, you can't really blow off his work....it's not like you could've done a better job! Remember, although Fukuda directed it, the creators were still the same so they used all of they're ideas too! And as for "copying the plot" that's impossible since it was all done by the same creators, not just the directors...and besides, standards don't always have to be the same...this season wasn't just made for fans only...but also to attract others who aren't fans of anime and other various audiences...And as I read in several magazines, Seed and Seed Destiny were also # 1 in Japan for a few years and as many ppl stated in their reviews for the characters to be more believable than the other seasons. Just cuz it doesn't suit your standards w/ all the trivial specs w/ the Mobile Suits doesn't mean Fukuda did a terrible job! And dude, sorry if it seems like I'm insulting you, cuz I really don't mean for it to sound that way...the reason I extend my apologies is cuz normally when someone only says "No offense" and declares their statement, that usually means, "Big offense..." if you noticed that...so anyway how r u?


Actually...SEED was made with an entire different production team than the U.C. series, the last series that Tomino's production team did was Turn A Gundam. Fukada didn't have any experience with Gundam anyway, the series he made before SEED was Gear Fighter Dendoh, which was just a typical shounen anime that wasn't really popular. To be honest, I just think people liked SEED better because it has better "graphics", and flashier Mobile Suits than the older series. I hate it when people like a series just because it's pretty...I mean, there can be an anime that just completely sucks...But, gets high ratings because it's pretty. Most people that gave those reviews probably weren't that experienced with Gundam, and think that SEED was the best series to ever exist without seeing any other series.

And, SEED was advertised heavily. Back when Tomino first created his first few Gundam series...He didn't have the funds to pay for so much advertisement. That's why the U.C. isn't that popular now.

Also, I don't see how characters in SEED are "more believable" realism in character design and plot is Tomino's specialty.

And, I didn't like Destiny because how dumb Fukada's plot ended up being. I mean, around the middle of the series, it starts to seem like it was written by a 13 year-old fanboy.

There aren't any standards here...I'm just pointing out how Fukada completely failed at an attempt to make a Gundam series thats supposedly true to Tomino's original work. That's why we U.C fans hate Fukada, he basically just took a big shit on Tomino's vision of Gundam. No intelligent person would want to sit and watch a mecha anime that has no explanation at all about what makes things tick, the unit specs aren't trivial. They're what makes Gundam a Real Robot type of mecha anime. I could understand if it was a Super Robot mecha anime like Gurren Lagann or something like that.

I believe that true anime isn't the dumb, flashy, repetitive, shit they just throw out on the market each year, and what makes it worse is that people actually like this bullshit, and start setting their standards of a good anime on how pretty it looks, I mean there's a few good things out. But, I don't think the anime that's out now can match up with the classics. To be honest, I think the people who've watched SEED see anime exactly in this way, at least 00 tried to keep Tomino's style of plot. >_>
Moderator
32378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Try guessing...
Offline
Posted 2/4/08

Dendetsu wrote:


CoudVanGiruet wrote:


Dendetsu wrote:

And, another thing....How the hell does a battery power a Beam Rifle? You can't get plasma from a battery, I just noticed this...They never explained how the cannon fodder suits power their beam rifles, I just don't get the C.E. there's too much weird crap in it for me. This is why I like Astray better, they at least explained what makes the Red Frame's Gerbera Straight able to cut through Phase Shift. >_>

And, on the Nuclear Power thing...Nuclear reactors can run out of energy too, it may be able to supply more energy before it depletes. But, it can't restore energy if it's depleted before it can even recharge. Which should of happened already at the rate Kira was spamming beams.

This just proves my theory that Fukada never should of gotten involved with Gundam, he completely ruined the standards of a good Gundam series. I mean G Gundam wasn't like other Gundam series, but it was meant be that way.....But, SEED was meant as an "Authentic" Gundam series, and it failed at that by trying to copy the plot of U.C. Gundam shows, and just trying to make it look better with bishounen pilots, extremely colorful female characters, and whoring theirselves out with advertisements, I mean SEED could of had some serious potential, but a retard like Fukada had to direct it...Meh, at least SEED produced some good spin-offs...Thank god Fukada isn't in the manga business. >_>


Well, you can't really blow off his work....it's not like you could've done a better job! Remember, although Fukuda directed it, the creators were still the same so they used all of they're ideas too! And as for "copying the plot" that's impossible since it was all done by the same creators, not just the directors...and besides, standards don't always have to be the same...this season wasn't just made for fans only...but also to attract others who aren't fans of anime and other various audiences...And as I read in several magazines, Seed and Seed Destiny were also # 1 in Japan for a few years and as many ppl stated in their reviews for the characters to be more believable than the other seasons. Just cuz it doesn't suit your standards w/ all the trivial specs w/ the Mobile Suits doesn't mean Fukuda did a terrible job! And dude, sorry if it seems like I'm insulting you, cuz I really don't mean for it to sound that way...the reason I extend my apologies is cuz normally when someone only says "No offense" and declares their statement, that usually means, "Big offense..." if you noticed that...so anyway how r u?


Actually...SEED was made with an entire different production team than the U.C. series, the last series that Tomino's production team did was Turn A Gundam. Fukada didn't have any experience with Gundam anyway, the series he made before SEED was Gear Fighter Dendoh, which was just a typical shounen anime that wasn't really popular. To be honest, I just think people liked SEED better because it has better "graphics", and flashier Mobile Suits than the older series. I hate it when people like a series just because it's pretty...I mean, there can be an anime that just completely sucks...But, gets high ratings because it's pretty. Most people that gave those reviews probably weren't that experienced with Gundam, and think that SEED was the best series to ever exist without seeing any other series.

And, SEED was advertised heavily. Back when Tomino first created his first few Gundam series...He didn't have the funds to pay for so much advertisement. That's why the U.C. isn't that popular now.

Also, I don't see how characters in SEED are "more believable" realism in character design and plot is Tomino's specialty.

And, I didn't like Destiny because how dumb Fukada's plot ended up being. I mean, around the middle of the series, it starts to seem like it was written by a 13 year-old fanboy.

There aren't any standards here...I'm just pointing out how Fukada completely failed at an attempt to make a Gundam series thats supposedly true to Tomino's original work. That's why we U.C fans hate Fukada, he basically just took a big shit on Tomino's vision of Gundam. No intelligent person would want to sit and watch a mecha anime that has no explanation at all about what makes things tick, the unit specs aren't trivial. They're what makes Gundam a Real Robot type of mecha anime. I could understand if it was a Super Robot mecha anime like Gurren Lagann or something like that.

I believe that true anime isn't the dumb, flashy, repetitive, shit they just throw out on the market each year, and what makes it worse is that people actually like this bullshit, and start setting their standards of a good anime on how pretty it looks, I mean there's a few good things out. But, I don't think the anime that's out now can match up with the classics. To be honest, I think the people who've watched SEED see anime exactly in this way, at least 00 tried to keep Tomino's style of plot. >_>


Well, you can't really say that they haven't seen the others or that Seed fans only like the show cuz of its graphics cuz u don't know if they've actually seen it or not cuz you're not them and you can't assume you automatically know the main reason why they like it...and the ppl who gave the reviews have actually seen every season out to date...and I can understand how you don't understand why they're more believable...but you can't assume that newer anime will always be inferior to classics cuz a lot of the newer anime that I've seen completely outmatch the olders ones...but it works both ways in that it's true that there r lots of classics that r better than so many new anime and you're right about anime w/ good graphics that do suck cuz there r and I've seen them but not all of them and the anime that look pretty that suck don't get high ratings only the anime that r great and have the greatest animation...I mean, the way you say it, you make it sound like you don't want anymore new anime to be released or that everything has to remain the same w/ you...and it doesn't seem like GSD was written by a 13 year-old cuz that's just you and ppl who don't like it...and I wasn't talking about the production team, it was the creators, I already explained that I know it's a different production team, but they get their ideas from the creators cuz Tomino and Yatate both created Gundam, not just the early U.C. ones and so on...it's just that he didn't produce it this time...and I don't mean that the specs r completely useless but they're not the only reason for Gundam being a Real Robot genre but they're r other reasons as well since there's more to a mech series than just specs...so don't get pissed just cuz ppl like things in a different way than you do...if they like it for reasons of their own then fine...if reasons like that get u ticked off, then you're just being childish
5464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Home for the holi...
Offline
Posted 2/4/08
It's true Cou,they really copied the UC series heavily,only changed it a bit.The Impulse is a copy of Victory(almost completely),Destroy is their version of Psycho and in a sense,Shin is Jerid while Kira is Kamille.Meanwhile,in another sense,Shin is Kamille while Stellar is Four.And also,Dulindal is Scirocco(Scirocco's better).The scene when Kira get the Strike,it's a modified version of the scene when Amuro first get the RX-78,only Amuro's is much more believable(he was scared shit,and had to refer to a manual).

The characters did kinda showing themselves too much(got sick of it).Unfortunately,many people(mostly not a Gundam fan) love it.Remember the so many bouncing boobs and shower scenes(it's not much but already too much.You don't get that much in other series).

Don't get me started on the fight scenes.Yea,many of it is good(I especially like Freedom vs Providence) but many others just can't compare with the other series,and downright ridiculous(you'd be dead if it was 0080,or a real war.Get it,real?).I mean,Destiny and Legend fall too easily.Freedom was invincible,before Operation Angel Down,when he suddenly just shoot with the rifle.Justice took too long pulling out his double-edged beam sabre,I was suprised that no one just shoot him while he's at it.Grunt suits get shot down too easily unless they're meant to win(Sting got beaten by Murasames,after managing to match Athrun when he used Savior).

I'm not done yet.I was especially irritated by the abuse of stock footage and clips(which is why Fukuda was called clip-show-em-all-Fukuda).Are they just lazy or what?And the characters didn't get much development(Sven got more in just five minutes,and note that Stargazer wasn't directed by Fukuda,but by the same staff).Face it,people nowadays only like SEED and DESTINY because it's pretty,got plenty of pretty boys and girls,and cool mechas.Some don't really understand the plot,they only like the graphics(believe me,I checked)Although I won't say anything about the soundtrack as it was good,as good as the other series.

......please don't take it wrongly .I was a fan,but one of the fans who is frustrated by these very facts.I know I can't do better,but if Stargazer and Astray was good,then how come SEED and DESTINY wasn't?..................
5464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Home for the holi...
Offline
Posted 2/4/08
...........imagine if Gundam and Zeta Gundam has today's graphics...... wow,they would totally ROCK!!!
Moderator
9631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / 地球
Offline
Posted 2/4/08

Guardian07 wrote:

...........imagine if Gundam and Zeta Gundam has today's graphics...... wow,they would totally ROCK!!!


They remade Zeta Gundam last year...But, it still wasn't that popular.
Moderator
32378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Try guessing...
Offline
Posted 2/4/08

Guardian07 wrote:

...........imagine if Gundam and Zeta Gundam has today's graphics...... wow,they would totally ROCK!!!


then u should play Dynasty Warriors Gundam cuz that game is fun!
Moderator
32378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Try guessing...
Offline
Posted 2/4/08

Guardian07 wrote:

It's true Cou,they really copied the UC series heavily,only changed it a bit.The Impulse is a copy of Victory(almost completely),Destroy is their version of Psycho and in a sense,Shin is Jerid while Kira is Kamille.Meanwhile,in another sense,Shin is Kamille while Stellar is Four.And also,Dulindal is Scirocco(Scirocco's better).The scene when Kira get the Strike,it's a modified version of the scene when Amuro first get the RX-78,only Amuro's is much more believable(he was scared shit,and had to refer to a manual).

The characters did kinda showing themselves too much(got sick of it).Unfortunately,many people(mostly not a Gundam fan) love it.Remember the so many bouncing boobs and shower scenes(it's not much but already too much.You don't get that much in other series).

Don't get me started on the fight scenes.Yea,many of it is good(I especially like Freedom vs Providence) but many others just can't compare with the other series,and downright ridiculous(you'd be dead if it was 0080,or a real war.Get it,real?).I mean,Destiny and Legend fall too easily.Freedom was invincible,before Operation Angel Down,when he suddenly just shoot with the rifle.Justice took too long pulling out his double-edged beam sabre,I was suprised that no one just shoot him while he's at it.Grunt suits get shot down too easily unless they're meant to win(Sting got beaten by Murasames,after managing to match Athrun when he used Savior).

I'm not done yet.I was especially irritated by the abuse of stock footage and clips(which is why Fukuda was called clip-show-em-all-Fukuda).Are they just lazy or what?And the characters didn't get much development(Sven got more in just five minutes,and note that Stargazer wasn't directed by Fukuda,but by the same staff).Face it,people nowadays only like SEED and DESTINY because it's pretty,got plenty of pretty boys and girls,and cool mechas.Some don't really understand the plot,they only like the graphics(believe me,I checked)Although I won't say anything about the soundtrack as it was good,as good as the other series.

......please don't take it wrongly .I was a fan,but one of the fans who is frustrated by these very facts.I know I can't do better,but if Stargazer and Astray was good,then how come SEED and DESTINY wasn't?..................


about the graphics, yes, some only like the graphics but mostly, they like for more than just the animation cuz we just simply like how it's put together so it's really impossible for you to know everyone's reasons for liking something....that's what it means to look down on others...but if you think about it, they didn't really copy, since again, same creators even though it's a different production team, they combined popular elements of Gundam together, so technically, it's not really copying...and I was only referring personality-wise for the characters being more believable cuz that's what I and others believe...and no I'm not trying to take it wrongly, so don't worry bout it...that's cool if you like the previous seasons better...but it just seems like you're trying to shoot down my opinions (even though I know you're not trying intentionally)...so did Scirocco sit in a spinny chair like Durandal in the last few eps at the Neo Genesis station? Cuz that's the only reason I like Durandal cuz he just looked like he was the Emperor from Star Wars...lol...
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.