First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
What if SEED was a little more realistic.....
Moderator
9631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / 地球
Offline
Posted 2/5/08

CoudVanGiruet wrote:


Dendetsu wrote:


CoudVanGiruet wrote:


Dendetsu wrote:

And, another thing....How the hell does a battery power a Beam Rifle? You can't get plasma from a battery, I just noticed this...They never explained how the cannon fodder suits power their beam rifles, I just don't get the C.E. there's too much weird crap in it for me. This is why I like Astray better, they at least explained what makes the Red Frame's Gerbera Straight able to cut through Phase Shift. >_>

And, on the Nuclear Power thing...Nuclear reactors can run out of energy too, it may be able to supply more energy before it depletes. But, it can't restore energy if it's depleted before it can even recharge. Which should of happened already at the rate Kira was spamming beams.

This just proves my theory that Fukada never should of gotten involved with Gundam, he completely ruined the standards of a good Gundam series. I mean G Gundam wasn't like other Gundam series, but it was meant be that way.....But, SEED was meant as an "Authentic" Gundam series, and it failed at that by trying to copy the plot of U.C. Gundam shows, and just trying to make it look better with bishounen pilots, extremely colorful female characters, and whoring theirselves out with advertisements, I mean SEED could of had some serious potential, but a retard like Fukada had to direct it...Meh, at least SEED produced some good spin-offs...Thank god Fukada isn't in the manga business. >_>


Well, you can't really blow off his work....it's not like you could've done a better job! Remember, although Fukuda directed it, the creators were still the same so they used all of they're ideas too! And as for "copying the plot" that's impossible since it was all done by the same creators, not just the directors...and besides, standards don't always have to be the same...this season wasn't just made for fans only...but also to attract others who aren't fans of anime and other various audiences...And as I read in several magazines, Seed and Seed Destiny were also # 1 in Japan for a few years and as many ppl stated in their reviews for the characters to be more believable than the other seasons. Just cuz it doesn't suit your standards w/ all the trivial specs w/ the Mobile Suits doesn't mean Fukuda did a terrible job! And dude, sorry if it seems like I'm insulting you, cuz I really don't mean for it to sound that way...the reason I extend my apologies is cuz normally when someone only says "No offense" and declares their statement, that usually means, "Big offense..." if you noticed that...so anyway how r u?


Actually...SEED was made with an entire different production team than the U.C. series, the last series that Tomino's production team did was Turn A Gundam. Fukada didn't have any experience with Gundam anyway, the series he made before SEED was Gear Fighter Dendoh, which was just a typical shounen anime that wasn't really popular. To be honest, I just think people liked SEED better because it has better "graphics", and flashier Mobile Suits than the older series. I hate it when people like a series just because it's pretty...I mean, there can be an anime that just completely sucks...But, gets high ratings because it's pretty. Most people that gave those reviews probably weren't that experienced with Gundam, and think that SEED was the best series to ever exist without seeing any other series.

And, SEED was advertised heavily. Back when Tomino first created his first few Gundam series...He didn't have the funds to pay for so much advertisement. That's why the U.C. isn't that popular now.

Also, I don't see how characters in SEED are "more believable" realism in character design and plot is Tomino's specialty.

And, I didn't like Destiny because how dumb Fukada's plot ended up being. I mean, around the middle of the series, it starts to seem like it was written by a 13 year-old fanboy.

There aren't any standards here...I'm just pointing out how Fukada completely failed at an attempt to make a Gundam series thats supposedly true to Tomino's original work. That's why we U.C fans hate Fukada, he basically just took a big shit on Tomino's vision of Gundam. No intelligent person would want to sit and watch a mecha anime that has no explanation at all about what makes things tick, the unit specs aren't trivial. They're what makes Gundam a Real Robot type of mecha anime. I could understand if it was a Super Robot mecha anime like Gurren Lagann or something like that.

I believe that true anime isn't the dumb, flashy, repetitive, shit they just throw out on the market each year, and what makes it worse is that people actually like this bullshit, and start setting their standards of a good anime on how pretty it looks, I mean there's a few good things out. But, I don't think the anime that's out now can match up with the classics. To be honest, I think the people who've watched SEED see anime exactly in this way, at least 00 tried to keep Tomino's style of plot. >_>


Well, you can't really say that they haven't seen the others or that Seed fans only like the show cuz of its graphics cuz u don't know if they've actually seen it or not cuz you're not them and you can't assume you automatically know the main reason why they like it...and the ppl who gave the reviews have actually seen every season out to date...and I can understand how you don't understand why they're more believable...but you can't assume that newer anime will always be inferior to classics cuz a lot of the newer anime that I've seen completely outmatch the olders ones...but it works both ways in that it's true that there r lots of classics that r better than so many new anime and you're right about anime w/ good graphics that do suck cuz there r and I've seen them but not all of them and the anime that look pretty that suck don't get high ratings only the anime that r great and have the greatest animation...I mean, the way you say it, you make it sound like you don't want anymore new anime to be released or that everything has to remain the same w/ you...and it doesn't seem like GSD was written by a 13 year-old cuz that's just you and ppl who don't like it...and I wasn't talking about the production team, it was the creators, I already explained that I know it's a different production team, but they get their ideas from the creators cuz Tomino and Yatate both created Gundam, not just the early U.C. ones and so on...it's just that he didn't produce it this time...and I don't mean that the specs r completely useless but they're not the only reason for Gundam being a Real Robot genre but they're r other reasons as well since there's more to a mech series than just specs...so don't get pissed just cuz ppl like things in a different way than you do...if they like it for reasons of their own then fine...if reasons like that get u ticked off, then you're just being childish


I'm not saying that there shouldn't be any new anime, what I'm saying is that new anime can learn something from the old ones, and at least try to be original! Seriously, it's like every few months they throw out another crappy harem, ecchi, shoujo, or shounen anime. I mean, look at Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. That's the most original mech anime to come out since Turn A Gundam. It had elements that Go Nagai's mecha manga had but, it was something all in it's own, instead of just a copy of Getter Robo, or Mazinger Z. I haven't seen a newer anime outshine classics like that in a while. Look at Devilman, I've never seen anything like that in a anime in my entire life, I don't think that there's any newer anime or manga that can surpass the originality of the series.

And, I'm not really getting pissed off for what they like. I could care less about what they like, I'm just saying. That you'd be pretty stupid to only like a show because it's pretty.

And, the dividing line of Super Robot, and Real Robot anime IS specs.


about the graphics, yes, some only like the graphics but mostly, they like for more than just the animation cuz we just simply like how it's put together so it's really impossible for you to know everyone's reasons for liking something....that's what it means to look down on others...but if you think about it, they didn't really copy, since again, same creators even though it's a different production team, they combined popular elements of Gundam together, so technically, it's not really copying...and I was only referring personality-wise for the characters being more believable cuz that's what I and others believe...and no I'm not trying to take it wrongly, so don't worry bout it...that's cool if you like the previous seasons better...but it just seems like you're trying to shoot down my opinions (even though I know you're not trying intentionally)...so did Scirocco sit in a spinny chair like Durandal in the last few eps at the Neo Genesis station? Cuz that's the only reason I like Durandal cuz he just looked like he was the Emperor from Star Wars...lol...


They didn't put any elements together, they just rehashed Mobile Suit designs and the plot of U.C. shows with slight editing. That's why U.C fans don't like SEED, it's unoriginal, and has the typical random kid and his friends involved in war. Most of the U.C fans are anime veterans, and have seen the same kinda of stuff that SEED had, over, and over again. Now you see why I keep saying that SEED is just a copy?

And, Scirocco pretty much kicks Durandal's ass. In MS piloting, evil plots, ability to attract women, and just overall skill. You can't really compare a Newtype like Scirocco to anyone in SEED, and please don't say that Mu, Rey, Rau, or Kira are Newtypes because they aren't...That was just another thing Fukada did to try and please U.C fans, they only could sense each other because they were connected.
5464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Home for the holi...
Offline
Posted 2/5/08
.......... ....gee,I'm starting to think that all this discussion is Fukuda's fault ......*scrathes head*oh well.........
Moderator
32378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Try guessing...
Offline
Posted 2/5/08

Dendetsu wrote:


CoudVanGiruet wrote:


Dendetsu wrote:


CoudVanGiruet wrote:


Dendetsu wrote:

And, another thing....How the hell does a battery power a Beam Rifle? You can't get plasma from a battery, I just noticed this...They never explained how the cannon fodder suits power their beam rifles, I just don't get the C.E. there's too much weird crap in it for me. This is why I like Astray better, they at least explained what makes the Red Frame's Gerbera Straight able to cut through Phase Shift. >_>

And, on the Nuclear Power thing...Nuclear reactors can run out of energy too, it may be able to supply more energy before it depletes. But, it can't restore energy if it's depleted before it can even recharge. Which should of happened already at the rate Kira was spamming beams.

This just proves my theory that Fukada never should of gotten involved with Gundam, he completely ruined the standards of a good Gundam series. I mean G Gundam wasn't like other Gundam series, but it was meant be that way.....But, SEED was meant as an "Authentic" Gundam series, and it failed at that by trying to copy the plot of U.C. Gundam shows, and just trying to make it look better with bishounen pilots, extremely colorful female characters, and whoring theirselves out with advertisements, I mean SEED could of had some serious potential, but a retard like Fukada had to direct it...Meh, at least SEED produced some good spin-offs...Thank god Fukada isn't in the manga business. >_>


Well, you can't really blow off his work....it's not like you could've done a better job! Remember, although Fukuda directed it, the creators were still the same so they used all of they're ideas too! And as for "copying the plot" that's impossible since it was all done by the same creators, not just the directors...and besides, standards don't always have to be the same...this season wasn't just made for fans only...but also to attract others who aren't fans of anime and other various audiences...And as I read in several magazines, Seed and Seed Destiny were also # 1 in Japan for a few years and as many ppl stated in their reviews for the characters to be more believable than the other seasons. Just cuz it doesn't suit your standards w/ all the trivial specs w/ the Mobile Suits doesn't mean Fukuda did a terrible job! And dude, sorry if it seems like I'm insulting you, cuz I really don't mean for it to sound that way...the reason I extend my apologies is cuz normally when someone only says "No offense" and declares their statement, that usually means, "Big offense..." if you noticed that...so anyway how r u?


Actually...SEED was made with an entire different production team than the U.C. series, the last series that Tomino's production team did was Turn A Gundam. Fukada didn't have any experience with Gundam anyway, the series he made before SEED was Gear Fighter Dendoh, which was just a typical shounen anime that wasn't really popular. To be honest, I just think people liked SEED better because it has better "graphics", and flashier Mobile Suits than the older series. I hate it when people like a series just because it's pretty...I mean, there can be an anime that just completely sucks...But, gets high ratings because it's pretty. Most people that gave those reviews probably weren't that experienced with Gundam, and think that SEED was the best series to ever exist without seeing any other series.

And, SEED was advertised heavily. Back when Tomino first created his first few Gundam series...He didn't have the funds to pay for so much advertisement. That's why the U.C. isn't that popular now.

Also, I don't see how characters in SEED are "more believable" realism in character design and plot is Tomino's specialty.

And, I didn't like Destiny because how dumb Fukada's plot ended up being. I mean, around the middle of the series, it starts to seem like it was written by a 13 year-old fanboy.

There aren't any standards here...I'm just pointing out how Fukada completely failed at an attempt to make a Gundam series thats supposedly true to Tomino's original work. That's why we U.C fans hate Fukada, he basically just took a big shit on Tomino's vision of Gundam. No intelligent person would want to sit and watch a mecha anime that has no explanation at all about what makes things tick, the unit specs aren't trivial. They're what makes Gundam a Real Robot type of mecha anime. I could understand if it was a Super Robot mecha anime like Gurren Lagann or something like that.

I believe that true anime isn't the dumb, flashy, repetitive, shit they just throw out on the market each year, and what makes it worse is that people actually like this bullshit, and start setting their standards of a good anime on how pretty it looks, I mean there's a few good things out. But, I don't think the anime that's out now can match up with the classics. To be honest, I think the people who've watched SEED see anime exactly in this way, at least 00 tried to keep Tomino's style of plot. >_>


Well, you can't really say that they haven't seen the others or that Seed fans only like the show cuz of its graphics cuz u don't know if they've actually seen it or not cuz you're not them and you can't assume you automatically know the main reason why they like it...and the ppl who gave the reviews have actually seen every season out to date...and I can understand how you don't understand why they're more believable...but you can't assume that newer anime will always be inferior to classics cuz a lot of the newer anime that I've seen completely outmatch the olders ones...but it works both ways in that it's true that there r lots of classics that r better than so many new anime and you're right about anime w/ good graphics that do suck cuz there r and I've seen them but not all of them and the anime that look pretty that suck don't get high ratings only the anime that r great and have the greatest animation...I mean, the way you say it, you make it sound like you don't want anymore new anime to be released or that everything has to remain the same w/ you...and it doesn't seem like GSD was written by a 13 year-old cuz that's just you and ppl who don't like it...and I wasn't talking about the production team, it was the creators, I already explained that I know it's a different production team, but they get their ideas from the creators cuz Tomino and Yatate both created Gundam, not just the early U.C. ones and so on...it's just that he didn't produce it this time...and I don't mean that the specs r completely useless but they're not the only reason for Gundam being a Real Robot genre but they're r other reasons as well since there's more to a mech series than just specs...so don't get pissed just cuz ppl like things in a different way than you do...if they like it for reasons of their own then fine...if reasons like that get u ticked off, then you're just being childish


I'm not saying that there shouldn't be any new anime, what I'm saying is that new anime can learn something from the old ones, and at least try to be original! Seriously, it's like every few months they throw out another crappy harem, ecchi, shoujo, or shounen anime. I mean, look at Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. That's the most original mech anime to come out since Turn A Gundam. It had elements that Go Nagai's mecha manga had but, it was something all in it's own, instead of just a copy of Getter Robo, or Mazinger Z. I haven't seen a newer anime outshine classics like that in a while. Look at Devilman, I've never seen anything like that in a anime in my entire life, I don't think that there's any newer anime or manga that can surpass the originality of the series.

And, I'm not really getting pissed off for what they like. I could care less about what they like, I'm just saying. That you'd be pretty stupid to only like a show because it's pretty.

And, the dividing line of Super Robot, and Real Robot anime IS specs.


about the graphics, yes, some only like the graphics but mostly, they like for more than just the animation cuz we just simply like how it's put together so it's really impossible for you to know everyone's reasons for liking something....that's what it means to look down on others...but if you think about it, they didn't really copy, since again, same creators even though it's a different production team, they combined popular elements of Gundam together, so technically, it's not really copying...and I was only referring personality-wise for the characters being more believable cuz that's what I and others believe...and no I'm not trying to take it wrongly, so don't worry bout it...that's cool if you like the previous seasons better...but it just seems like you're trying to shoot down my opinions (even though I know you're not trying intentionally)...so did Scirocco sit in a spinny chair like Durandal in the last few eps at the Neo Genesis station? Cuz that's the only reason I like Durandal cuz he just looked like he was the Emperor from Star Wars...lol...


They didn't put any elements together, they just rehashed Mobile Suit designs and the plot of U.C. shows with slight editing. That's why U.C fans don't like SEED, it's unoriginal, and has the typical random kid and his friends involved in war. Most of the U.C fans are anime veterans, and have seen the same kinda of stuff that SEED had, over, and over again. Now you see why I keep saying that SEED is just a copy?

And, Scirocco pretty much kicks Durandal's ass. In MS piloting, evil plots, ability to attract women, and just overall skill. You can't really compare a Newtype like Scirocco to anyone in SEED, and please don't say that Mu, Rey, Rau, or Kira are Newtypes because they aren't...That was just another thing Fukada did to try and please U.C fans, they only could sense each other because they were connected.


Well, just making sure....but trust me, I know that all the pretty shows that don't measure up don't get popular....and yes the elements were put together cuz again, same creators, cuz u'd be sayin that they'd be copying off of themselves cuz those ideas were popular and that's why they were used...if Tomino and Yatate had nothing to do w/ it...then their names would never be mentioned in this work...so u saying it's just a copy is still not justified...sorry...and U.C. fans being veterans? That's really not the correct term to use...more like ppl who know a lot but not as much as they think they know...and I never really said anything about Newtypes....cuz I don't really care....I just like the story plain and simple and for Mitsuo Fukuda to make such an achievement for his first time with working with Gundam is something really commendable...It's cool that you think differently but try not to act like you know everything about Mech anime and then trying to force your opinions down even though I know you're not trying to do so intentionally, since you are, like me, defending your opinions, which I like in a person! Just don't insult the work he did cuz honestly, it's sounding like you think you can do a better job, which is silly....but maybe if you worked towards it, you might be able to! If directing or producing work like this is your career path choice! If you want to try it, I say go for it! But if you have something else in mind, I say go for it anyway!
5464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Home for the holi...
Offline
Posted 2/5/08
...........I thought we were talking about what if SEED is a little more realistic....this is kinda way off the topic from what I think......
Generic Pilot
399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / Philippines
Offline
Posted 2/7/08
Simple.
Kira dies in AEGIS explosion.
Archangel bridge crew gets brutally murdered by a GINN and the remaining crew will be fried by the Cyclops.
ZAFT wins because they can develop the N-Jammer Canceller and nuclear-powered units.
ORB will be either defeated and absorbed into the Federation, or annihilated by Uzumi's ideals (he pushes the trigger).
And probably Lacus either dies from depression or suicide(due to her father's death) and most likely gets killed by an assassin or Athrun or in a battle.

Try continuing into SEED Destiny with this kind of setting and you will probably get one of the best Gundam plots that no one (actually only a few) will follow.
9383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / LuzViMinda
Offline
Posted 2/8/08

xbonejiryu wrote:

Simple.
Kira dies in AEGIS explosion.
Archangel bridge crew gets brutally murdered by a GINN and the remaining crew will be fried by the Cyclops.
ZAFT wins because they can develop the N-Jammer Canceller and nuclear-powered units.
ORB will be either defeated and absorbed into the Federation, or annihilated by Uzumi's ideals (he pushes the trigger).
And probably Lacus either dies from depression or suicide(due to her father's death) and most likely gets killed by an assassin or Athrun or in a battle.

Try continuing into SEED Destiny with this kind of setting and you will probably get one of the best Gundam plots that no one (actually only a few) will follow.


I imagine they'd need a lot of adjustments to continue Destiny with these happening.
Generic Pilot
399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / Philippines
Offline
Posted 2/9/08
Not exactly.
Just make ZAFT the "good guys", LOGOS and the Federation the "bad guys", and ORB (Cagalli) the one to be convinced by Athrun to join the "good guys."
Shinn will b the main character who still wants ORB destroyed (to be guided by Athrun).
Basically its GSD without Kira and company interfering.
Generic Pilot
2645 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Republic of Georg...
Offline
Posted 2/9/08

Basically its GSD without Kira and company interfering.

Could have been higher in quality.
Generic Pilot
2275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / California
Offline
Posted 2/14/08
Indeed Seed did have some unrealistic stuff to it but then again, its just an anime. Like most animes, there will be unrealism. But I have to say that Seed wasn't the Gundam series that had the most unrealism to it. Look at Gundam Wing. I believe that Wing was more unrealstic than Seed.
Moderator
9631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / 地球
Offline
Posted 2/14/08

pn0yvstyle wrote:

Indeed Seed did have some unrealistic stuff to it but then again, its just an anime. Like most animes, there will be unrealism. But I have to say that Seed wasn't the Gundam series that had the most unrealism to it. Look at Gundam Wing. I believe that Wing was more unrealstic than Seed.


Uhh...Can you give us some reasons why you believe that like everyone else did?
Generic Pilot
399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / Philippines
Offline
Posted 2/19/08
One of the unbelievable things I noted in Gundam Wing wa the weight of the Gundams.
WTH?! A 18-meter hunk of steel weighing only 10 tons?!
Generic Pilot
2275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / California
Offline
Posted 2/20/08

Dendetsu wrote:


pn0yvstyle wrote:

Indeed Seed did have some unrealistic stuff to it but then again, its just an anime. Like most animes, there will be unrealism. But I have to say that Seed wasn't the Gundam series that had the most unrealism to it. Look at Gundam Wing. I believe that Wing was more unrealstic than Seed.


Uhh...Can you give us some reasons why you believe that like everyone else did?


In Seed, at least we get a protagonist that doesn't start of as "elite" as the guys from Wing. Seed actually showed much of the harsh realities of war; loss of loved ones, tactical losses, and so forth. Gundam is a franchise that is pretty much based on war-like scenarios, and Seed does follow that rather well. We have to face the fact that Seed is an anime, and like all animes, there will always be unrealism. There are several things that could be changed to make Seed more "realistic," but that would mean redo the whole entire series. If that's the case, then all Gundam series would go through the same treatment.

If I had to say which Gundam was the most unrealistic, Wing takes the cake. Wing on the other hand had protagonists that always owned all their opponents, which to me is totally unrealistic. C'mon, Gundam pilots easily taking out small armies just like that? Seems unreal to me. There were only like a few times where they had a hard time, but even with that, its still boring to see these guys owning pretty much all the time...

Moderator
9631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / 地球
Offline
Posted 2/20/08

pn0yvstyle wrote:


Dendetsu wrote:


pn0yvstyle wrote:

Indeed Seed did have some unrealistic stuff to it but then again, its just an anime. Like most animes, there will be unrealism. But I have to say that Seed wasn't the Gundam series that had the most unrealism to it. Look at Gundam Wing. I believe that Wing was more unrealstic than Seed.


Uhh...Can you give us some reasons why you believe that like everyone else did?


In Seed, at least we get a protagonist that doesn't start of as "elite" as the guys from Wing. Seed actually showed much of the harsh realities of war; loss of loved ones, tactical losses, and so forth. Gundam is a franchise that is pretty much based on war-like scenarios, and Seed does follow that rather well. We have to face the fact that Seed is an anime, and like all animes, there will always be unrealism.

If I had to say which Gundam was the most unrealistic, Wing takes the cake. Wing on the other hand had protagonists that always owned all their opponents, which to me is totally unrealistic. C'mon, Gundam pilots easily taking out small armies just like that? Seems unreal to me. There were only like a few times where they had a hard time, but even with that, its still boring to see these guys owning pretty much all the time...



That's exactly how it was when Kira got the Freedom, and Kira DID start out as "elite" since he was the "Ultimate Coordinator" In Wing, the Gundams were the most powerful suits...Pretty much undefeatable with conventional Mobile Suits, and the pilots in Wing were trained or at least had their Gundams long enough to know how to use them, Kira was just 1337 the moment he got Strike, and when he got Freedom. He took out entire fleets like it was nothing. To be honest, I can't stand SEED. It's the most fucked up Gundam series plot-wise, the director brought back characters that should of died just for the bitch-ass fans who can't live with out their little bishies, and worst of all. That hypocritic "Don't kill people" bullshit Kira started spewing out in the middle of the series, in true war. That bullshit doesn't work, it's either kill or be killed. I don't see what you're talking about when you say "Seed shows the harsh realties of war" because so far, Seed just shows a bunch of teenagers spewing out some pacifistic bullshit. >_>

Another thing I see that's stupid and hypocritical about Seed...Is, has anyone noticed that outside of a Mobile Suit battle....Kira and Athrun just go for the kill like it's nothing? >_>

Generic Pilot
2275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / California
Offline
Posted 2/20/08

Dendetsu

That's exactly how it was when Kira got the Freedom, and Kira DID start out as "elite" since he was the "Ultimate Coordinator" In Wing, the Gundams were the most powerful suits...Pretty much undefeatable with conventional Mobile Suits, and the pilots in Wing were trained or at least had their Gundams long enough to know how to use them, Kira was just 1337 the moment he got Strike, and when he got Freedom. He took out entire fleets like it was nothing. To be honest, I can't stand SEED. It's the most fucked up Gundam series plot-wise, the director brought back characters that should of died just for the bitch-ass fans who can't live with out their little bishies, and worst of all. That hypocritic "Don't kill people" bullshit Kira started spewing out in the middle of the series, in true war. That bullshit doesn't work, it's either kill or be killed. I don't see what you're talking about when you say "Seed shows the harsh realties of war" because so far, Seed just shows a bunch of teenagers spewing out some pacifistic bullshit. >_>

Another thing I see that's stupid and hypocritical about Seed...Is, has anyone noticed that outside of a Mobile Suit battle....Kira and Athrun just go for the kill like it's nothing? >_>



And Wing is any better in showing realities? Teenage pacifists spewing bullshit out? Sounds like several people from Gundam to me, especially Relena Peacecraft. Anyway, most of the Gundam series' were almost the same. If you didn't have the U.C. plot and what not and Seed came first, then you would say the same for the U.C. series, it sucking b/c it hashed from Seed (an example). Its all bias. I'm not going to say Seed is the most realistic of the Gundam, but its definitely more realistic than some, expecially Wing.

And regarding the elite thing, my statements still stands that Wing is still more unrealistic in that part. Yes Kira was l33t wbecause of the "ultimate coordinator" title, but he at least showed to build experience rather than us getting some lame characters that were "trained" from the beginning and killing off everyone. At least he didn't use that "Ultimate coordinator" title in the very beginning and own everyone. I'd rather see a protagonist who builds in experience like that (like most Gundam series') rather than a protagonist who starts off "l33t". Hypocryticism, Heero is no different. For me, I can't stand Wing.

And your little statement about the "going in for the kill outside of a mobile suit," uhh, most Gundam protagonists are pretty much the same.

If you ask me, this thread is becoming nothing more than bias opinions against Seed rather than a meaningul discussion about Seed becoming more real.
Moderator
9631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / 地球
Offline
Posted 2/20/08

pn0yvstyle wrote:


Dendetsu

That's exactly how it was when Kira got the Freedom, and Kira DID start out as "elite" since he was the "Ultimate Coordinator" In Wing, the Gundams were the most powerful suits...Pretty much undefeatable with conventional Mobile Suits, and the pilots in Wing were trained or at least had their Gundams long enough to know how to use them, Kira was just 1337 the moment he got Strike, and when he got Freedom. He took out entire fleets like it was nothing. To be honest, I can't stand SEED. It's the most fucked up Gundam series plot-wise, the director brought back characters that should of died just for the bitch-ass fans who can't live with out their little bishies, and worst of all. That hypocritic "Don't kill people" bullshit Kira started spewing out in the middle of the series, in true war. That bullshit doesn't work, it's either kill or be killed. I don't see what you're talking about when you say "Seed shows the harsh realties of war" because so far, Seed just shows a bunch of teenagers spewing out some pacifistic bullshit. >_>

Another thing I see that's stupid and hypocritical about Seed...Is, has anyone noticed that outside of a Mobile Suit battle....Kira and Athrun just go for the kill like it's nothing? >_>



And Wing is any better in showing realities? Teenage pacifists spewing bullshit out? Sounds like several people from Gundam to me, especially Relena Peacecraft. Anyway, most of the Gundam series' were almost the same. If you didn't have the U.C. plot and what not and Seed came first, then you would say the same for the U.C. series, it sucking b/c it hashed from Seed (an example). Its all bias. I'm not going to say Seed is the most realistic of the Gundam, but its definitely more realistic than some, expecially Wing.

And regarding the elite thing, my statements still stands that Wing is still more unrealistic in that part. Yes Kira was l33t wbecause of the "ultimate coordinator" title, but he at least showed to build experience rather than us getting some lame characters that were "trained" from the beginning and killing off everyone. At least he didn't use that "Ultimate coordinator" title in the very beginning and own everyone. I'd rather see a protagonist who builds in experience like that (like most Gundam series') rather than a protagonist who starts off "l33t". Hypocryticism, Heero is no different. For me, I can't stand Wing.

And your little statement about the "going in for the kill outside of a mobile suit," uhh, most Gundam protagonists are pretty much the same.

If you ask me, this thread is becoming nothing more than bias opinions against Seed rather than a meaningul discussion about Seed becoming more real.


You're making it sound like Heero and co. took out the ace pilots in a matter of seconds. >_>

And, can you name someone else besides Relena Peacecraft? Because she is a pretty obvious choice. I can't really think of anyone from a U.C series either.

Also, MOST protagonists in Gundam don't go around trying not to kill anyone and then just completely change when it's not a MS battle. >_>
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.