First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Kalashnikov 47 (AK47) Overrated?
Posted 4/19/08
Go Andrei Kilirenko
2937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / San Francisco CA...
Offline
Posted 4/19/08

somedood4 wrote:


Terminator_kun wrote:


somedood4 wrote:

Are you kidding? The AK-47 is awesome. You can throw dirt in the barrel and the thing would still operate. The AK-47 also has massive numbers, around 10 million last i heard were around.


no.. dirt may defunct the AK bolt itself. but not mud. its bolt can still operate IF the mud is on the cartridge injection. the AK still needs to be oiled for smooth performance of the recoil.



Oh yeah, mixed up that, thank you for the correction.


no problemo friend!

cheers!
3264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 4/19/08
Why do guys obsess about guns?
Posted 4/19/08
best gun in CS.
8000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / california
Offline
Posted 4/19/08

BillyG2093 wrote:

Me and a friend had a heated discussion on the AK47 aruging that the AK47 was OVERRATED for its larger calibur which would have a higher percentage of inflicting a critical wound over a AK74. What are your views on this people? i mean i pointed out that the accuracy on that thing is like trying to hit a quarter with a .357 from like 3 miles away and its like trying to blow up a apple with a BMG2 >.>
who actualyl thinks that the AK is SO strong that, thats the bad part about it?
such a big round causes to much recoil which kills accuracy. and for the gun to handle the round it needs to be uubar sturdy so its kind of a circle.... DX


well i know the ak was designed to take any form of abuse, you can drop it in water, cover it in mud, hammer the barrel, make it sleep with MJ, and it still works. The accuracy isn't much of a prob cuz its designed to be more of an assault rifle than a sniper
Posted 4/19/08

memphit wrote:

If you don't buy first round, you can afford one (without armor) 2nd round no matter what, that and you can dink people for like 95 dmg. The Source AK has totally eliminated the need for sub machineguns. (unless you win 1st round and are doing a full team buy 2nd round with nades) On the other hand, Silenced m4 > AK in every way, especially since wall shots do like no dmg in source.


You are retarded noob... im talking about REAL LIFE... get a life ... NOW
3769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 4/19/08

BillyG2093 wrote:


memphit wrote:

If you don't buy first round, you can afford one (without armor) 2nd round no matter what, that and you can dink people for like 95 dmg. The Source AK has totally eliminated the need for sub machineguns. (unless you win 1st round and are doing a full team buy 2nd round with nades) On the other hand, Silenced m4 > AK in every way, especially since wall shots do like no dmg in source.


You are retarded noob... im talking about REAL LIFE... get a life ... NOW

Get a life? You are asking a a bunch of people, who are on a forum on an anime website about the AK-47. The fact that you would even take the time to make a thread like this, posing a serious question to an audience with an average age of 14, and expecting a serious answer makes me laugh. I think you need to get a life, or have you friend shoot you with an AK-47, then come back and tell us how effective it is.
145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / San Diego/San Jose
Offline
Posted 4/19/08

BillyG2093 wrote:

Me and a friend had a heated discussion on the AK47 aruging that the AK47 was OVERRATED for its larger calibur which would have a higher percentage of inflicting a critical wound over a AK74. What are your views on this people? i mean i pointed out that the accuracy on that thing is like trying to hit a quarter with a .357 from like 3 miles away and its like trying to blow up a apple with a BMG2 >.>
who actualyl thinks that the AK is SO strong that, thats the bad part about it?
such a big round causes to much recoil which kills accuracy. and for the gun to handle the round it needs to be uubar sturdy so its kind of a circle.... DX


The AK47

Its a communist weapon.
Its cheap and does its job.

and that's what it is. Nothing more.
Not very accurate.
1836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / ohio
Offline
Posted 4/19/08
I agree woth many...it is a great gun for it's rate of fire, durability, and above all price ..... why pay 500 dollars for a marginally better gun (M16) (my opinion) when you could arm 10 men for the same price
85 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / 1234567
Offline
Posted 4/19/08

Terminator_kun wrote:

Here's what I learned in the firing range.

The AK 47 isnt all accurate believe me I tried it. no matter how many ACOGS, EOtechs and Aimpoint you put in there.

due to its high caliber, the firing quality makes it shaky. but it has a high velocity. Another reason why its shaky is its Gas powered it gives off high amount of pressure from the bullets exit barrel.

Why is the AK-47 most widely used?

Its simple... its the cheapest and easiest to use. so easy a 5 y/o child can use it. If you wanna buy one, you can get it like $1,000 US dollars much more cheaper than the standard m16, which would cost you around like $ 6,000 - $9,000.

Who uses the AK-47?

Communist countries or countries that are in Arms business deals with China and Russia. Some former states in the Warsaw pact still uses them like Croatia, Yugoslavia, Poland (in certain divisions). Countries that are armed by the russians during the cold war like syria, Lebanon, Jordan Egypt and Iraq.

and ofcourse theres alot of Gun-runners out there arming militias around the world.

How do I use the AK-47?

its simple, insert the mag and cock it. If the bolt is jammed, cock it again. That simple.

Whats the Difference between the AK-47 and the M16?


if anyone of you here in crunchyroll fired one, then thats great.

alot. Although theyre both waterproof. Whenever a AK-47 is jammed, just cock it again. but if an M16 is jammed there is a button called forward assist button. you use it whenever a bullet is stuck in the bolt or its jammed. but still the m16 is a nice weapon. theyre both in par excellence.

Am I able to learn the ways to use an AK-47?

Yes... almost like a 30 min. discussion would make you an average AK-47 user.

hope y'all learned something in what I know.


epic bump?
12887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Through the looki...
Offline
Posted 4/19/08 , edited 4/19/08
You know something...? The AK-47 to me just isn't as good in role-specific situations as some other guns in the world...

Take for example at mid-range distances - at slightly longer ranges I would far prefer a M-16 or other slightly smaller caliber gun with much greater accuracy and thus longer ranger killing potential than an AK-47...

What would I choose in close range? Probably one of the world's best - the P90...An absolutely ungodly weapon in close range with its extremely high fire rate (900 rounds per minute), high-velocity rounds (2350ft/sec), and close-range accuracy (accurate to 150yds).

So is the AK-47 overrated? Well I'd say that depends on what you are comparing it against and how you are comparing them, but you can usually find a better gun for specific situations...I will however say that the three things that make the AK-47 great are 1) Availability, 2) Cheap Price, 3) Functionality...Now, can you find a better well-rounded assault rifle that can multi-task (though not very well) for the same price and availability, and is it as likely to be as reliable? Now, that's a different question entirely, but the answer is probably not...
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 4/19/08
gun freaks..... i prefer bow and arrow 0.o
3741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / Sanzu no Kawa
Offline
Posted 4/19/08
It's cheap, available and reliable. Of course there are better guns out there but getting your hands on them just isn't as easy.
2634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/19/08
Bleh I prefer pistols over automatic rifles. I'm more of a sniper/single shot kind of guy.
2937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / San Francisco CA...
Offline
Posted 4/20/08

GTFOBitch wrote:


Terminator_kun wrote:

Here's what I learned in the firing range.

The AK 47 isnt all accurate believe me I tried it. no matter how many ACOGS, EOtechs and Aimpoint you put in there.

due to its high caliber, the firing quality makes it shaky. but it has a high velocity. Another reason why its shaky is its Gas powered it gives off high amount of pressure from the bullets exit barrel.

Why is the AK-47 most widely used?

Its simple... its the cheapest and easiest to use. so easy a 5 y/o child can use it. If you wanna buy one, you can get it like $1,000 US dollars much more cheaper than the standard m16, which would cost you around like $ 6,000 - $9,000.

Who uses the AK-47?

Communist countries or countries that are in Arms business deals with China and Russia. Some former states in the Warsaw pact still uses them like Croatia, Yugoslavia, Poland (in certain divisions). Countries that are armed by the russians during the cold war like syria, Lebanon, Jordan Egypt and Iraq.

and ofcourse theres alot of Gun-runners out there arming militias around the world.

How do I use the AK-47?

its simple, insert the mag and cock it. If the bolt is jammed, cock it again. That simple.

Whats the Difference between the AK-47 and the M16?


if anyone of you here in crunchyroll fired one, then thats great.

alot. Although theyre both waterproof. Whenever a AK-47 is jammed, just cock it again. but if an M16 is jammed there is a button called forward assist button. you use it whenever a bullet is stuck in the bolt or its jammed. but still the m16 is a nice weapon. theyre both in par excellence.

Am I able to learn the ways to use an AK-47?

Yes... almost like a 30 min. discussion would make you an average AK-47 user.

hope y'all learned something in what I know.


epic bump?


I was drunk at that time.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.