First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Post Reply Guys piercing their ears?
Moderator XIV
66116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / somewhere that is...
Offline
Posted 5/12/13
Before more reports happen, this is not a duplicate thread.

The OP is asking what people think about guys who pierce their ears, if it is ok, bad, cool, or whatever. The other thread is literally just about "Hey I have piercings what about you?" Similar? Yes. The same? Negative Ghost Rider.

So feel free to enjoy this thread to your hearts content!
47695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 5/12/13

Karkarov wrote:

Before more reports happen, this is not a duplicate thread.

The OP is asking what people think about guys who pierce their ears, if it is ok, bad, cool, or whatever. The other thread is literally just about "Hey I have piercings what about you?" Similar? Yes. The same? Negative Ghost Rider.

So feel free to enjoy this thread to your hearts content!


Do you have an opinion on it? Mine is, as long as the individual in question is fine with it, then why bother worrying about it? Well, unless some sort of health problem ensues..
Moderator XIV
66116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / somewhere that is...
Offline
Posted 5/12/13 , edited 5/12/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:
Do you have an opinion on it? Mine is, as long as the individual in question is fine with it, then why bother worrying about it? Well, unless some sort of health problem ensues..


Negative, no opinion whatsoever. I personally have 0 piercings, tattoos, or any other similar things. But I also know guys who have both arms fully tattooed, a couple people who almost couldn't pass metal detectors due to the amount of piercings they had, and everything in between.

It is everyone's body so they can do what they want with it. You just gotta be careful because it can hurt you in some ways, I have seen lots of employers who won't hire men who have more than ear piercings, or people who have visible tattoos.
13494 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / SoCal
Offline
Posted 5/12/13
Do I see a problem with it, no. would i do it myself, hmmm not my ears. I know a lot of guys who have their ears pierced and with gages getting popular a few years back its really not uncommon to see guys get ear piercings.
Posted 5/12/13
Guys should not pierce their ears.

Do you ever see men in business suits with ear piercings? No. Sorry, but that behavior is deviant in American culture and on the grounds of social acceptance you would be ill-advised to do it.

It is in a man's best interested to avoid piercings.

But hey, who cares what "society" thinks you're a rebel man you teach them a lesson CHANGE THE WORLD!!11!
Posted 5/12/13

Ember_McLain wrote:

Guys should not pierce their ears.

Do you ever see men in business suits with ear piercings? No. Sorry, but that behavior is deviant in American culture and on the grounds of social acceptance you would be ill-advised to do it.

It is in a man's best interested to avoid piercings.

But hey, who cares what "society" thinks you're a rebel man you teach them a lesson CHANGE THE WORLD!!11!




That was hard
9 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/12/13
if they wana do it why not i got mine pierced
9 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/12/13
its simple u can take off piercings
16425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Oregon Coast
Offline
Posted 5/12/13
I have no problem with guys having their ears pierced, I had both of mine done including my tongue done at one point.
17417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Hell's Gate
Offline
Posted 5/12/13

Ink-e wrote:




That was hard



^ Very good point!

I personally had both ears pierced through the cartilage at the very top, let them heal, and am now thinking about re-opening them (12ga).

So, in case it wasn't implied, I'm for it if that's what someone wants. If you don't like it.... don't make friends. *shrug*


And regarding this v:


Ember_McLain wrote:

Do you ever see men in business suits with ear piercings?


I have, actually. They looked just fine, and presented themselves quite well.
5237 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 5/12/13

Ember_McLain wrote:

Guys should not pierce their ears.

Do you ever see men in business suits with ear piercings? No. Sorry, but that behavior is deviant in American culture and on the grounds of social acceptance you would be ill-advised to do it.

It is in a man's best interested to avoid piercings.

But hey, who cares what "society" thinks you're a rebel man you teach them a lesson CHANGE THE WORLD!!11!


So because something in a culture has been a certain way for a long time, it should never change? Interesting. Want me to bring up some flaws in that logic, or are you capable of figuring it out yourself (I'm assuming the latter)?

Just in case:

1811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Earth
Offline
Posted 5/12/13
I don't find it attractive but do what you want.

Those gauges crap are just nasty, though.
21 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 5/12/13
nowadays? men have been piercing there ears for a long time it's nothing new and what other reasons would you pierce your ears other than to be fashionable?
Posted 5/12/13 , edited 5/12/13

MKH90 wrote:


Ember_McLain wrote:

Guys should not pierce their ears.

Do you ever see men in business suits with ear piercings? No. Sorry, but that behavior is deviant in American culture and on the grounds of social acceptance you would be ill-advised to do it.

It is in a man's best interested to avoid piercings.

But hey, who cares what "society" thinks you're a rebel man you teach them a lesson CHANGE THE WORLD!!11!


So because something in a culture has been a certain way for a long time, it should never change? Interesting. Want me to bring up some flaws in that logic, or are you capable of figuring it out yourself (I'm assuming the latter)?

Just in case:



It's disgraceful and contemptible to put me, someone who simply points out that male-ear piercing is generally frowned upon, on all fours with slavery and racial segregation and gender/racial stratification.

I would, if I may, call upon the intelligence of other readers. Did I once say, "So because something in a culture has been a certain way for a long time, it should never change?" No. Never. Did I even imply it? Nice strawman (https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman). Nice slippery slope (https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope).

In fact it is clear, as I explicitly state, that while the behavior is labeled deviant you can change this.

Moooo edit: Let's keep it civil please.
13620 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Online
Posted 5/12/13
Very, Very, Very Kaioken x 10 Attractive!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.