First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Post Reply Guys piercing their ears?
18232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 5/12/13
looks stupid. Just because you can do it... doesn't mean you should
67723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 5/12/13
I had it done. at age 40 something. but then I could say I was going through my mid life crisis.
18704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 5/12/13
I think it's kinda cute like in a punkish sort of way.
But honestly piercings do not look right on all guys-just some.
5237 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 5/12/13

Ember_McLain wrote:


MKH90 wrote:


Ember_McLain wrote:

Guys should not pierce their ears.

Do you ever see men in business suits with ear piercings? No. Sorry, but that behavior is deviant in American culture and on the grounds of social acceptance you would be ill-advised to do it.

It is in a man's best interested to avoid piercings.

But hey, who cares what "society" thinks you're a rebel man you teach them a lesson CHANGE THE WORLD!!11!


So because something in a culture has been a certain way for a long time, it should never change? Interesting. Want me to bring up some flaws in that logic, or are you capable of figuring it out yourself (I'm assuming the latter)?

Just in case:



It's disgraceful and contemptible to put me, someone who simply points out that male-ear piercing is generally frowned upon, on all fours with slavery and racial segregation and gender/racial stratification.

I would, if I may, call upon the intelligence of other readers. Did I once say, "So because something in a culture has been a certain way for a long time, it should never change?" No. Never. Did I even imply it? Nice strawman (https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman). Nice slippery slope (https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope).

In fact it is clear, as I explicitly state, that while the behavior is labeled deviant you can change this.

I will close by adding that, If you have any shame, you should delete your ass-backwards retarded post and go home with rosey cheeks. Once that is done, I will also delete mine, lest archive if this embarrassing display of yours has reason to exist.


I've got to say, that was a well thought out reply. Kudos.

Your posts seem very good, up until the last paragraphs, where you take a somewhat condescending or hostile attitude, which was probably what riled me up about your original post, and in this case, the one I'm responding to. I felt the implication of wanting cultural standstill from the "fight THE MAN (rebel man... CHANGE THE WORLD!!11!)"-mockery. Might be that I understood that wrong (and it seems I did), if so, I apologize.

Now that I've heard more of your thoughts, I do know that my argument was a straw man. However, in my opinion, the last attempt at "humiliation" and outright belittling my intelligence are just as disgraceful as the comparison I made without all the necessary details of your opinions.

So, I have a proposal for a mutual hatchet burial. You may accept it, you may not. I admit that my argument was over-the-top (and, fine, contained fallacies), and you admit that the finish of your response was overly patronizing. Deal?
4939 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Earth
Offline
Posted 5/12/13 , edited 5/12/13

AcadGlade wrote:


demongurrl13 wrote:

It's their ears. They can do whatever they want with it.


Not if your underaged, you have to weigh the health risks, I did it once, but let the ear close up, it was a lonng time ago.


Personally I don't like pierced ears on guys. It looks like they're trying too hard to look like part of the "in" crowd. As for the health risks, they are minimal, unless the guy gets a "home made" piercing, or is unhygienic and doesn't follow proper care procedures while the hole is healing up. I had a crazy sister who wanted a second piercing on her ears (back when multiple piercings were the rage). She did it herself with a sewing needle and ice (to numb the ear) because our mom said "no" to a second piercing. Long story short, infection....antibiotics. She was always hard-headed.
5145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / Covina, California
Offline
Posted 5/12/13

aeb0717 wrote:


AcadGlade wrote:


aeb0717 wrote:

I don't particularly care. Throughout history, men wearing earrings has faded in and out of fashion and/or cultures around the world.


http://www.dacarli.com/blog/earrings-history


That looks like a relief from a wall of an Assyrian King or high official.


You got it correct. It's supposed to be King Ashurbanipal.


He sorta looks like Sennacherib, He was the King of Assyria during the time of King Hezekiah, and sent letters to Hezekiah stating that he had not desisted from his determination to take over the Judean Capitol, (Isa.37:9-20).

However the record shows that the Assyrians not so much as " shoot an arrow there, ...Nor cast up a siege rampart against it.
Jehovah, whom Sennacherib had taunted, sent one of his angels and in one night, " struck down a hundred and eighty five thousand in the camp of the Assyrians, sending Sennacherib back with shame of face to his own land. " (Isa. 37:33-37; 2 Chronicles. 32:21). According to the Bible record.

I think most, If not all the Kings of Assyria wore earings.
5145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / Covina, California
Offline
Posted 5/12/13 , edited 5/12/13
To add something, They look good on Bejoreans. but not all of them.LOL
19608 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/12/13
personally I think piercings on guys can look good, but like anything you can over do it, but each to their own.
4368 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Online
Posted 5/12/13


Where I got the picture from, which I posted a link to in my original post, specifically mentioned Ashurbanipal near the picture... Therefore, I assume that it's probably Ashurbanipal, though the Assyrian Kings look like they can be clones of each other.
Sogno- 
21296 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/12/13
sure, I'd even pierce them for them if they pay me
16553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Valley center, CA
Offline
Posted 5/13/13
I think guys look nice with ear piercings or any kind of piercing
13995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 5/13/13 , edited 5/13/13
Personally I wouldn't get my ears pierced but I'd get my lip pierces. As long as you don't come out with some obnoxious giant fake diamonds and acting "gangsta" I don't care.
Dutch Moderator
16896 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 5/13/13
I've had my ears pierced after I graduated, 5 in total.
Haven't had anything in them for over a decade though, I just stopped wearing earrings after I got a job.
21372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Amegakure
Offline
Posted 5/13/13
I just have a small green stud in my left ear.
770 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/13/13

Reneereload wrote:

I think guys look nice with ear piercings or any kind of piercing


i had my first (and would probably be my last piercing) on my tongue. people didnt see it so they cant judge to see if it looks good or not. but when they do, they get that horrified expression and say that my piercing and my uniform(we medtech students wear all white when on duty in the hospital) does not go well with each other and that i should quit one thing or the other.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.