First  Prev  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  Next  Last
Post Reply Popular anime you can't stand
81 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M / Manila, Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/29/13

tfckmk988 wrote:


maykelbrent wrote:

Shingeki no kyojin!


you might be trolling can't tell if your not why?


Too gore hahaha. Let me add something, "popular animes you can't stand 'not watching'" XD

19685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / No
Offline
Posted 5/29/13 , edited 5/29/13

chrome_mist wrote:


FiestyTurtle wrote:

Attack on Titan.






Okay.




I share an account with my friend; he watches AoT, I don't. Don't get too jumpy there princess.


zipzo wrote:


FiestyTurtle wrote:

Attack on Titan.



Heresy.


Honestly, it's ridiculous how people are treating this anime. People are treating this anime like it's god tier... It looks nice and it nice to watch for excitement but it could be better. This is just a silly shonen when it could easily be much better as a mature seinen.
1811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Earth
Offline
Posted 5/29/13 , edited 5/29/13

JaxemsR wrote:

Can't Stand:

Elfen Lied
Vampire Knight
Black Butler
K


Don't Care For:

Deadman Wonderland
Another
Mirai Nikki
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood




Agreed. Elfen Lied was alright but nothing to holler home about. Vampire Knight kinda bored me to death, and Black Butler was meh- not too good but not too horrible. Mirai Nikki was definitely entertaining but wasn't a masterpiece. Another started decent and ended horribly :'(

23561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Hawaii-Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 5/29/13

FiestyTurtle wrote:


Honestly, it's ridiculous how people are treating this anime. People are treating this anime like it's god tier... It looks nice and it nice to watch for excitement but it could be better. This is just a silly shonen when it could easily be much better as a mature seinen.


I disagree regarding your assessment of AOT as silly shonen. It's themes are arguably more mature than your typical shonen.
41639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/29/13 , edited 5/29/13
Attack on Titan has a much more promising future than SAO based on the manga. Besides being one of the best character-driven stories in recent memory. There's no reason to expect it to flounder around like SAO did during its run.

It's unfortunate Eren's reveal plays out like a deus ex machina until further notice, though.
20763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Los Angeles, CA
Offline
Posted 5/29/13

Insomnist wrote:
Personally dislike, sure. But no value at all?


Well, Ghost in a Shell was one that a lot of people told me was great and when I watched it the story was very dull. I just didn't enjoy any part of it. As for Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle, I had high expectations because I liked Totoro, Kiki Delivery Service, and Castle in the Sky, but the guy who made them seemed like he just half-assed those two knowing that fans will buy his product no matter what type of garbage he put out there. The story was very bad. It seemed like a cash grab by the creator.
3536 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Des moines IA
Offline
Posted 5/29/13
one piece!! I really hate that show!
55114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 5/29/13

FiestyTurtle wrote:

I share an account with my friend;


Sure.







Honestly, it's ridiculous how people are treating this anime. People are treating this anime like it's god tier... It looks nice and it nice to watch for excitement but it could be better. This is just a silly shonen when it could easily be much better as a mature seinen.


A silly shounen where they kill off almost a lot of sub-characters every episode? LOL okay.
I'm not saying it's the best anime but your argument is just weak.

I'm curious, which ones from your list (that you "share" with your "friend") do you watch?


88052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/29/13
^^ can you go back to the oreki one?



clannad after story, flame me peoples I dare you to flame me.
41639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/29/13

bensonc120 wrote:


Insomnist wrote:
Personally dislike, sure. But no value at all?


Well, Ghost in a Shell was one that a lot of people told me was great and when I watched it the story was very dull. I just didn't enjoy any part of it. As for Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle, I had high expectations because I liked Totoro, Kiki Delivery Service, and Castle in the Sky, but the guy who made them seemed like he just half-assed those two knowing that fans will buy his product no matter what type of garbage he put out there. The story was very bad. It seemed like a cash grab by the creator.

We have extensively different tastes.

Although if they honestly fell in your blind spot, that's ok. Happens to all of us I guess.
55114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 5/29/13

AnimeKami wrote:

^^ can you go back to the oreki one?



clannad after story, flame me peoples I dare you to flame me.



*flames you*
Seriously though, what's wrong with ClaGOD: After Story?


88052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/29/13

chrome_mist wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

^^ can you go back to the oreki one?



clannad after story, flame me peoples I dare you to flame me.



*flames you*
Seriously though, what's wrong with ClaGOD: After Story?




Well when this anime was airing, I was discussing this on a different forum board. The board was full of people (including myself) who have played the game. So... the anime wasn't really new/fresh, basically I was watching it instead of playing it.

Recently other users were discussing how he or she was crying and shed a man tear. Seemed like a little dramatic but this was from a person who knew the ending before hand >.>

But there isn't anything wrong with After Story.
22480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Area 11
Offline
Posted 5/29/13
For me it would have to be:
Sword Art Online: It just wasn't very good. Besides the Animation, everything felt poorly done and slapped together. All of the character deaths felt bland, and the story was uninteresting. If you are looking for action or a romance, I suggest looking elsewhere too, since you can find better of both in many other places.
All of the Big Three (Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece) : I dislike them all for the same reason. They are boring. People exclaim they are the greatest series ever, and personally I don't even think they are the greatest shonen series (And Shonen-Fighting is my least favorite Genre next to Sports) Naruto and Luffy are shit characters, and while Ichigo is better than them as a character, he is still not very good. Bleach has shit animation quality for a large portion of it. One Piece is just dumb in general.
19685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / No
Offline
Posted 5/29/13 , edited 5/29/13

chrome_mist wrote:


FiestyTurtle wrote:

I share an account with my friend;


Sure.







Honestly, it's ridiculous how people are treating this anime. People are treating this anime like it's god tier... It looks nice and it nice to watch for excitement but it could be better. This is just a silly shonen when it could easily be much better as a mature seinen.


A silly shounen where they kill off almost a lot of sub-characters every episode? LOL okay.
I'm not saying it's the best anime but your argument is just weak.

I'm curious, which ones from your list (that you "share" with your "friend") do you watch?




Yes, I do share an account with my friend. He's 20 and I'm 18. He has a job, I don't. He decided to share this account with me because we both like anime and he was nice enough to let me use it even though he was paying. But I guess you wouldn't know; all people would say "sure" because it's an excuse used over a million times. Your choice to believe me or not.

Next: I watch Oreimo, Nyarko-san, HENNEKO, Gargantia, SNAFU, Gurren-Lagann. All the rest of the animes I watch, I torrent because crunchyroll doesn't have them.

My argument? Well I didn't want to type much out but whatever.

Let me brighten your day by adding on to my opinion.

1) The characterization is quite primitive and even preposterious at points despite the attempts to make the cast mature and serious.

2) It may seem all "tragic" in the beginning and make the audience "shocked" but eventually people will soon realize there is no actual tragedy and survival later in the anime; it is all about magic superpowers like in the case of any run of the mill action shonen (like naruto).

3) I've seen this all before... the cheesy dialogue, the 1 dimensional characterization, and the overused shonen nonsense. There are lots of those and by god do they ruin all attempts at having a serious survival or psychological story. The enemy seems invincible at first but then some obnoxious depressing, angry teenagers get convenient superpowers and defeat them by the like it's no problem... how fun. At this point, it seems like everyone has jutsus and hidden evil powers inside them, just like in Naruto. Don't even respond to me with a post saying "There is no other way the anime could be told.

4) Half the interest, most will show in this anime, derives from the gore, which is meaningless and cheap. The other half is the mystery of the unworldly enemies, which goes away after it is revealed to all of the watchers. The anime pretends to be far more than it actually is; and that is a most basic zombie apocalypse scenario. I'm sure you get what I mean by that.

My last point would be the animation but I honestly don't really care about that at this point.

Anyways, that's just my extended opinion. Just not going to let you guys sit there and say my "argument is weak" because I didn't say enough.
34868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 5/29/13
SAO, full metal alchemist, and hunter x hunter
First  Prev  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.