First  Prev  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  Next  Last
Post Reply Popular anime you can't stand
24332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/18/13
Fairy Tail
Bleach
One Piece
Attack on Titan
Toradora
142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/18/13

spacebat wrote:

Gargantia, Fairytail, Bleach, Samurai Bride, Naruto, Fate Zero, Arata, Oreima 2, Sword Art Online...etc.

I'd say most of the Anime being simulcasted and that are popular with the community I consider garbage....
A better question would be which Anime's do you consider of quality.

But then i'm 29. My tastes are probably much more refined than the average teenager or young adult.


THIS + 1
i agree with everything u have said sir

lol im also 29.
18857 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Offline
Posted 6/18/13

pattman09 wrote:

I haven't been watching anime that long, but there isn't much anime that bothers me or I can't stand watching. uhh

Is Devil Survivor 2 the Animation considered popular? I kind of got bored with that. Does anything exciting happen after like episode 4?




no i believe alot of people think its crappy myself stopped at episode 5.

i also congratulate you on your profile pic you are now my best friend.

also naruto is the worst. yehhh i said it
24688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 6/18/13
Probably Clannad and everything related to it. When people say how they cried at the ending it just makes me want to throw up. I think i've just become a bit of an old jaded anime fan and most things bore me so i can't find it sad at all because it's so predictable.

For more recent stuff the usual mecha anime like Gargantia is boring me lately. Gave it a try but eh. Not seen a good mecha anime since Eureka Seven.

And pretentious nonsense like Shinsekai Yori. I really wanted to like it but after 10 episodes or so i just got really frustrated with the poor writing and the fact it was just trying to be weird for the sake of it while failing to be deep like Serial Experiments: Lain or Ergo Proxy. I dunno i suppose it could have done better with a decent writer behind it like Dai Sato but yeah don't like it. Don't understand why people like it either.
3525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 6/18/13

MrMoondoggie wrote:

Probably Clannad and everything related to it. When people say how they cried at the ending it just makes me want to throw up. I think i've just become a bit of an old jaded anime fan and most things bore me so i can't find it sad at all because it's so predictable.

For more recent stuff the usual mecha anime like Gargantia is boring me lately. Gave it a try but eh. Not seen a good mecha anime since Eureka Seven.

And pretentious nonsense like Shinsekai Yori. I really wanted to like it but after 10 episodes or so i just got really frustrated with the poor writing and the fact it was just trying to be weird for the sake of it while failing to be deep like Serial Experiments: Lain or Ergo Proxy. I dunno i suppose it could have done better with a decent writer behind it like Dai Sato but yeah don't like it. Don't understand why people like it either.




It's the price we pay for living through 10 years of incredible animation 1990-2000. Come on, we're the generation of Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL; of course we're going to be jaded. Our generation was spoiled, our generation set the standard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_anime_in_the_United_States

As for Ergo Proxy, I enjoyed the series, the artwork and plot. I didn't care for the ending.
3482 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 6/20/13
The biggest one for me is Dragonball Z..........I just don't really get it. I always understand why someone may like an anime that I may not personally care for, but when it comes to Dragonball Z I, for some reason, really don't get it at all why anyone would like it. The battles take forever, I hate all the characters, and that art style........oh....my....god. The art is probably the biggest thing I hate about it Horrid in my opinion haha

I also don't get K-On!, though unlike Dragonball Z fans, I can see why K-On! fans would like the show and I respect that. Me personally, I just found it boring to watch and I didn't care much for any of the characters. They just seemed two-dimensional to me. I did, however, like the first ending song a lot It was just boring to watch pretty much haha

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was another that I didn't really get what the hype was about it. I watched it because it was so popular and after I watched it, I was left with utter disappointment. It was just average to me.

As for any anime genre in general, sometimes I find the harem series to be pretty unoriginal and almost every time I watch one, I end up thinking to myself "......Seen it before......seen that before too...." This isn't the case for all of them I've seen though. Sometimes moe series get on my nerves too, but rarely.

6127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Up with the polar...
Offline
Posted 6/20/13 , edited 6/20/13
Sword Art Online...

I liked it until I saw the second arc...I don't understand why they couldn't have just left it with Kirito walking off into the distance searching for Asuna. That was a perfect ending.

Then they started up with the ALfheim Online crap...
6514 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/20/13
Attack on Titan, Elfen Lied, and Clannad.
12567 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
lost on the road...
Offline
Posted 6/20/13
SAO didn't really like it but the fact of a game like that made me wonder and wanted me to invest time into making such a game other than that i say it could have been much more better than it was
16048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/20/13
Naruto, Bleach, Fairytale, Soul Eater, Monogatari, Sword Art Online.
47765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 6/20/13

MadDog0 wrote:


spacebat wrote:

Gargantia, Fairytail, Bleach, Samurai Bride, Naruto, Fate Zero, Arata, Oreima 2, Sword Art Online...etc.

I'd say most of the Anime being simulcasted and that are popular with the community I consider garbage....
A better question would be which Anime's do you consider of quality.

But then i'm 29. My tastes are probably much more refined than the average teenager or young adult.


THIS + 1
i agree with everything u have said sir

lol im also 29.


If I may ask, what anime do the two of you prefer to watch? Can you give some examples?
37083 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Philadelphia
Online
Posted 6/20/13
Refined? More like your just a snob.
314 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Nowhere Islands
Offline
Posted 6/22/13
SAO
While I liked it at at first, I could also see the glaring faults within the story. And soon enough I had to deal with SAO-tards . If only the anime actually stayed in the game, had more episodes and did not go to alfheim then, it could've been an above average anime.
22540 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 6/22/13

SeppDigi wrote:

Refined? More like your just a snob.


Glad I wasn't the only one thinking along the lines of this lol, but maybe I just honestly have severely different tastes than him.
142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/22/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:


MadDog0 wrote:


spacebat wrote:

Gargantia, Fairytail, Bleach, Samurai Bride, Naruto, Fate Zero, Arata, Oreima 2, Sword Art Online...etc.

I'd say most of the Anime being simulcasted and that are popular with the community I consider garbage....
A better question would be which Anime's do you consider of quality.

But then i'm 29. My tastes are probably much more refined than the average teenager or young adult.


THIS + 1
i agree with everything u have said sir

lol im also 29.


If I may ask, what anime do the two of you prefer to watch? Can you give some examples?


death note, gantz, black lagoon, elfin leid, deadman wonderland, blue gender, B Gata H Kei, aki-sora, kissxkiss, darker than black, golden boy,

and many many more thats all i can think of at the mo.

my fav anime of all time is Black lagoon. i love revy i wish real girls were like her.
First  Prev  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.