First  Prev  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  Next  Last
Post Reply Popular anime you can't stand
11524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 10/30/13

MonkeysxMoo35 wrote:

Naruto, Dragonball, One Piece, and Bleach. I don't understand how people love them so much.


Action Shonen. There is little reason not to understand why it is popular, because it makes perfect sense. Almost all action Shonen's are this way. The difference is Dragon Ball (not Z) and One Piece are great in tone, setting, and fun factor with reliable consistency in story structure, while Bleach went from good, to bad, to awful, and the final arc now in the manga is ok and Naruto went from good, to mediocre, to down right abysmal, and is still dropping further through the earth's crust towards the opposite end at breakneck speeds. XD

Now, I understand perfectly why each and every show can be "popular" in what ever terms that are set in the series. It all comes down to genre appeal usually. Now, I DO think that there are overrated series that may not be as popular as they should be... Evangelion comes to mind... pretentious, over-hyped horrible tripe with crappy characters..... <.<'
humnut 
16520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / California. . . F...
Offline
Posted 10/30/13 , edited 10/30/13
Naruto and Bleach, to long to get into. I've tried watching both from the begining and falter out around episode 70. But then again, I wouldn't say I hate them. Hell it's hard for me to hate any anime.

(Edit) Just remembered, I hate Magical Girl Series generally, except for Madoka. Say what you want about Shonen anime, at least they have a semblance of plot and characters that are deeper than a puddle. Not much deeper, mind you.
humnut 
16520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / California. . . F...
Offline
Posted 10/30/13

Orga777 wrote:


MonkeysxMoo35 wrote:

Naruto, Dragonball, One Piece, and Bleach. I don't understand how people love them so much.


Action Shonen. There is little reason not to understand why it is popular, because it makes perfect sense. Almost all action Shonen's are this way. The difference is Dragon Ball (not Z) and One Piece are great in tone, setting, and fun factor with reliable consistency in story structure, while Bleach went from good, to bad, to awful, and the final arc now in the manga is ok and Naruto went from good, to mediocre, to down right abysmal, and is still dropping further through the earth's crust towards the opposite end at breakneck speeds. XD

Now, I understand perfectly why each and every show can be "popular" in what ever terms that are set in the series. It all comes down to genre appeal usually. Now, I DO think that there are overrated series that may not be as popular as they should be... Evangelion comes to mind... pretentious, over-hyped horrible tripe with crappy characters..... <.<'


Oh come on, Evangelion isn't THAT bad... okay, maybe it is. Regardless it's an anime classic, and should be watched at least once. Plus, am I the only person who wasn't completely enamored with Sailor Moon? The show is downright stupid.
11524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 10/30/13 , edited 10/30/13

humnut
Oh come on, Evangelion isn't THAT bad... okay, maybe it is. Regardless it's an anime classic, and should be watched at least once. Plus, am I the only person who wasn't completely enamored with Sailor Moon? The show is downright stupid.


Well, I agree that it should be watched once, if only because of the impact it left on the genre itself. Also, I am right there with you on Sailor Moon. XD
2180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 10/30/13

MonkeysxMoo35 wrote:

Naruto, Dragonball, One Piece, and Bleach. I don't understand how people love them so much. Another one is SAO it's good but it was rushed and left a lot of the light novel out


Dragonball it's a classic so it's part of most people's childhood xD, aside that Naruto it's avarage, One Piece got lame lately (old episode were epic) and Bleach well I myself enjoyed it and it fillers where actually pretty good.
10334 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / In
Offline
Posted 10/30/13
Death note....can some one please tell me why this crapy show is a hit? It was boring the MC was a pussy the girl in it was so fucking dumb that I want to punch her mom for not getting a abortion
17835 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 10/30/13

uncletim wrote:

Death note....can some one please tell me why this crapy show is a hit? It was boring the MC was a pussy the girl in it was so fucking dumb that I want to punch her mom for not getting a abortion


People like it thats' why.
10334 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / In
Offline
Posted 10/30/13

qualeshia3 wrote:


uncletim wrote:

Death note....can some one please tell me why this crapy show is a hit? It was boring the MC was a pussy the girl in it was so fucking dumb that I want to punch her mom for not getting a abortion


People like it thats' why.


thats not good enough....people liked School Days too and it wasn't a hit

17835 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 10/30/13

uncletim wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:


uncletim wrote:

Death note....can some one please tell me why this crapy show is a hit? It was boring the MC was a pussy the girl in it was so fucking dumb that I want to punch her mom for not getting a abortion


People like it thats' why.


thats not good enough....people liked School Days too and it wasn't a hit




Somethings can't be explained by some people on why its enjoyable to them.
I don't hate Death Note but its not my absolute favorite series ever.
8259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/30/13
bleach
14718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Corner of Moon &...
Offline
Posted 10/30/13
Bleach & Naruto

It just doesnt look appealing to me in any way, shape or form.
7112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Indiana
Offline
Posted 11/6/13
I have seen very few anime that I outright hated...and none were really popular per say. If I had to pick the "popular" animes I was either indifferent about or just didn't care for it would be a tie between Naruto and Pokemon. I was actually shocked by the amount of dislike for animes like SAO, Clannad, Toradora, Code Geass, Attack on Titan, ext in here but different strokes for different folks I guess XD I personally loved Toradora, SAO, and Attack on Titan. As far as Clannad is concerned at least After Story I think its a masterpiece that made me cry like a baby more than once. ^^ While I would think I have an eye for quality I guess that at the same time I don't really have high standards for games and anime im pretty easy to please so few anime just piss me off so much that I end up despising them however on that same note while i love a ton of anime very few end up being masterpieces to me. ^^
1286 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Academy City
Offline
Posted 12/22/13
One Piece for sure.
1185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Iowa
Offline
Posted 12/22/13
I don't like Soul Eater or One Piece. I think a lot of it is that I can't get over the animation style, there's some anime that I've enjoyed the plot but the horrific animation quality is cringe worthy.
50 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 12/22/13
Naruto and Bleach, they used to be great during the beginning of the series but after awhile it became total **** for several reasons, then again I focus more on the manga then the anime but my dislike for it in general will always be strong
First  Prev  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.